+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension 2024

Umwana

Jun 5, 2023
Minor update today but I’m super surprised at how fast that was.

2/29/24 - Study permit extension submitted
3/1/24 - ghost update (email stating my application status had been updated)
3/4/24 - eligibility started & biometrics added

Anyway I guess that’s a good sign that they’re already looking at my application.
Did you get final decision? Background check started the next day prior to my submission day. Hopeful everything will be well.

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
Did you get final decision? Background check started the next day prior to my submission day. Hopeful everything will be well.
Yes my application was approved on March 20th (shared my full timeline on this thread if you scroll back - took 20 days). I received my new permit in the mail 1 week later.

Good luck!

Umwana

Jun 5, 2023
Yes my application was approved on March 20th (shared my full timeline on this thread if you scroll back - took 20 days). I received my new permit in the mail 1 week later.

Good luck!
Thanks

A quick question when was your study permit going to expire?

mooshiekins

Apr 7, 2024
Hey guys! New to this site! I signed up because of the stress that comes with extending a study permit! I'm in here to ask you guys for some help!

My permit is expiring on August 31st.

I'm a little worried about the proof of funds required for the extension and I was going to just apply in a month or so by just using a letter of financial undertaking from my parents and letters of employment and salary and tuition payment receipts for the Fall and Winter semester for this year.

I have one more year left and was wondering if you guys think that would get accepted? If not, what would you say would be a good number to show proof of?

Jackson0987

Mar 30, 2024
Hi Guys,
I applied for my study permit extension on Mar 18, 2024 and my current study permit expires on Apr 30, 2024. My course already ended and the new starts on May 08th,2024.
Hoping that i get it by next month. How soon did you guys get a response?
I will keep you guys updated.
Is there any update

Jackson0987

Mar 30, 2024
I found a guy who applied on March 18th got his approval on April 6th.
But
I applied on March 19th
And my biometrics got added to the profile
Also my application status changed
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
After that no update at all, anyone know why it's like this.
I found another guy who applied on March 12th but he also hasn't got any update.
When can we expect any update?

Mary00003

Jan 17, 2024
I recently applied for a study permit extension, and by recently I mean on November 15th, at this point, this was my second time applying. So I'm out of status, so I cannot study or work until I get my extension approved. I received a letter on February 28th about my application being sent to a processing center in Etobicoke, and since then I have not heard anything back. Does my 77 days of processing start the day they send my application to the center? If so that means I'll only hear a response by May 15th.
I haven't been able to work since November and that has caused me so much stress because how am I supposed to live in this country and take care of myself if I cannot work