+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit expired - out of status - applied for PGWP - in this situation, Im planning to flagpole.

keyboat1

Jul 21, 2019
OP did you submit a separate application form to extend student permit?
i am in the same boat as you
Study permit expired: May 30th 2023
Received letter of completion and transcript, Applied for PGWP: June 11th 2023

I paid $605 ($255 PGWP +$350 restore status as a student) and attached receipt
However i did not make a separate application form to extend my study permit for valid study permit while applying for PGWP

in the post that i linked
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-help-restoration-of-status-and-pgwp-refused.385090/

"
You may apply for restoration if, within 90 days from the expiry of your temporary resident status
you submit:
 a completed application form;
"

although it is also an older thread

he was denied PGWP, even though he paid restoration and applied for pgwp. people are saying he needed to do application form for extension of SP. i didnt do that! it says on the website:

If your study permit expires before you apply

If you don’t change your status to visitor and your study permit expires, you have up to 90 daysafter your study permit expires to apply for a PGWP and restore your status as a student.

To restore your status as a student, you must

• apply online for your PGWP and pay the correct fee ($255) and
  • pay the fee to restore your status as a student ($350)
You can’t work until your study permit and work permit have been approved.

" You don’t need to make a separate application to restore your status as a student." this line is what made me not do the separate application form for study permit extension.. i am worried now that my application will be refused and since im beyond 90 days i have nothing to do but leave canada

PraveshS

Dec 24, 2023
I completed my master's program full-time on 28th April 2023 (Friday).
My study permit and TRV expired on 30th April (Sunday)
I received my course completion letter and official transcripts from my university on 1st May 2023 (Monday)
I applied for PGWP on 3rd May 2023 (Wednesday). I included the restoration of the student status payment receipt in the file and explained the above timeline.

In this case, I am not supposed to work until my PGWP gets approved. Processing time for PGWP is almost 5-6 months. I am a student with huge education loans and responsibilities. So I am looking for alternative ways to get PGWP and I found one option, that is flag polling.

Do you suggest me to do a flagpole in my situation? or is there any other alternatives? Please help me.
i have also already applied for pgwp online! But need pgwp immediately by flagpoling. But what reason did you give them for flagpoling?