+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit expired - out of status - applied for PGWP - in this situation, Im planning to flagpole.

nikhilch

Jul 26, 2020
I completed my master's program full-time on 28th April 2023 (Friday).
My study permit and TRV expired on 30th April (Sunday)
I received my course completion letter and official transcripts from my university on 1st May 2023 (Monday)
I applied for PGWP on 3rd May 2023 (Wednesday). I included the restoration of the student status payment receipt in the file and explained the above timeline.

In this case, I am not supposed to work until my PGWP gets approved. Processing time for PGWP is almost 5-6 months. I am a student with huge education loans and responsibilities. So I am looking for alternative ways to get PGWP and I found one option, that is flag polling.

Do you suggest me to do a flagpole in my situation? or is there any other alternatives? Please help me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, I know
Don’t know what to do know, unable to work and its more than a month.
Have you already submitted the application to restore your status and a PGWP?

Nonenone@12

May 18, 2023
I applied for study permit extension on March 17, 2023. Because my study permit was till 30 April,2023.
I attached the necessity explanation why I need SP extn.
I got my transcripts and graduation letter on 7 May 2023 and I applied for my PGWP on May 8. Since, I was on implied status of study permit extension when I applied for PgWP thats the reason I am unable to work.
However, I got my extn on 24 May 2023.
Situation is that- I need to wait for approval for PGWP to start working.

Don’t know what to do its almost a month didnot get any revert from IRCC agents.. also, I called them if they can provide me a letter authorization to work. But they denied and told me to wait.

Should I try to raise webform?
Because it is making me stressed to stay at home all the time

Manoj957

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
I received my course completion letter and official transcripts from my university on 1st May 2023 (Monday)
I applied for PGWP on 3rd May 2023 (Wednesday). I included the restoration of the student status payment receipt in the file and explained the above timeline.

In this case, I am not supposed to work until my PGWP gets approved. Processing time for PGWP is almost 5-6 months. I am a student with huge education loans and responsibilities. So I am looking for alternative ways to get PGWP and I found one option, that is flag polling.

Do you suggest me to do a flagpole in my situation? or is there any other alternatives? Please help me.
Once you have applied for PGWP and received your online confirmation from then onwards you can work full time and your temporary resident status is maintained till you get your PGWP approved.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Once you have applied for PGWP and received your online confirmation from then onwards you can work full time and your temporary resident status is maintained till you get your PGWP approved.
Only when PGWP is applied before SP expiration. OP has applied for PGWP after SP expired and is in process of restoration.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1181

You can work full-time while waiting for a decision on your post-graduation work permit (PGWP) application if, at the time you submitted your application, all of the following applied to your situation:

• You had a valid study permit.
  • You had completed your program of study.
  • You were eligible to work off campus without a permit.
  • You did not work off campus more than 20 hours a week during academic sessions.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Nope. OP applied after study permit had expired.

Nonenone@12

May 18, 2023

Please do let me know