+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit expired need help PR application in process any one in similar case

canadaim

Nov 17, 2014
Hi everyone i am new to this website and need some advice. I applied for cec in January and got my RPRF request on 28th October with additional document request for Schedule A update information which i already submitted . My study permit expired on 2 November.
My questions is-
Do i need to apply for new permit while waiting for this immigration decision and can stay in canada without applying for permit or do i need to restore my permit again?
Guys i am freaking out Angry please advice if some one has knowledge.
Thanks

canhome11

Aug 29, 2014
You can apply for open work permit while you are waiting for your PR. This is called as bridging work permit

Being without status can have adverse effect on your PR application.

A.G.Pennypacker

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
If you graduated then you are eligible for a post graduate work permit. These are typically good for 1 to 3 years depending on your program of study.
I don't believe you're eligible for a bridging open work permit since you don't currently hold a WP that's due to expire in less than 4 months.

If you're currently "out of status" this could be a problem for your PR application. You should renew your status as a worker (or student) immediately. Otherwise you must leave the country.

If you overstay, you are breaking CDN immigration law.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
Just wonder why you can apply for CEC with a study permit. Normally, you have to work for a year to be eligible for CEC. In that case, you should have work permit and not study permit.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canhome11 said:
You can apply for open work permit while you are waiting for your PR. This is called as bridging work permit

Being without status can have adverse effect on your PR application.
One of the requirements for BOWP is valid work permit (earliest extension is 4 months before expiry). Since your work permit already expired, you have 90 days to restore your status. There are 3 options left: stay in Canada and apply for PGWP, stay in Canada and apply for study permit, or go back to your country and apply for visitor visa.

Since you don't have a valid status anymore, you need to restore your status to smoothen your PR application. You need a valid status to obtain it...