+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit delays

sammysammy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Good day to all! Need some insights. I received my correspondence letter of biometrics last Jan 21, 2021 but it was dated April 29, 2020. I lodged my application since Feb 2020 and already passed my medical and biometrics before lockdown. Do u guys any have an idea when should i received the final decision?

sammysammy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Amazing...so happy for you.
Good day to all! Need some insights. I received my correspondence letter of biometrics last Jan 21, 2021 but it was dated April 29, 2020. I lodged my application since Feb 2020 and already passed my medical and biometrics before lockdown. Do u guys any have an idea when should i received the final decision?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No idea. Depends on your country and strength of your application. Is your school on the DLI readiness list.

Apr 15, 2020
Hello house, please I need your advice, I have been trying to download the study permit form on there site but it keep telling me that I can't because I don't the applications that can open it, I have try download the PDF that support it ,yet is not working. Please kindly advice me on what is best way to go about it. Even the documents checklist too and some others documents not working. Please help me out. Thanks

Apr 15, 2020
Hello house, please I need your advice, I have been trying to download the study permit form on there site but it keep telling me that I can't because I don't the applications that can open it, I have try download the PDF that support it ,yet is not working. Please kindly advice me on what is best way to go about it. Even the documents checklist too and some others documents not working. Please help me out. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Use a different browser and update adobe.

maksly

Dec 25, 2020
Amazing...so happy for you.
hello Naturgrl, i need your advice again. i hope you don't mind.

When my two daughters applied for their study permit last september. me, my wife and our last daughter also applied for visiting visa same time. Though the study permits have been issued to my two daughters and they are now currently in Canada. however, our visiting visa request is yet to be attended to. the only activity on our applications is that they have updated our biometrics as completed. my questions are

1. what could be causing the delays on the visiting visa?

2. my last daughter, who also applied for the visiting visas, is also due to join her sisters to further her education in Canada this August. can we also apply for her study permit even while her visiting visa application is still pending?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello Naturgrl, i need your advice again. i hope you don't mind.

When my two daughters applied for their study permit last september. me, my wife and our last daughter also applied for visiting visa same time. Though the study permits have been issued to my two daughters and they are now currently in Canada. however, our visiting visa request is yet to be attended to. the only activity on our applications is that they have updated our biometrics as completed. my questions are

1. what could be causing the delays on the visiting visa?

2. my last daughter, who also applied for the visiting visas, is also due to join her sisters to further her education in Canada this August. can we also apply for her study permit even while her visiting visa application is still pending?
1. Because of Covid, there are delays in processing and reviewing visitor visas as they aren’t a priority. Also you can’t travel to Canada right now on just a TRV. You also need written authorization to travel. You need to show that your travel is essential. Your youngest daughter is not even eligble to enter Canada on a visitor visa.
2. Your daughter’s only option is a study permit because she is not eligible to travel to Canada with a visitor visa.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#temporary

maksly

Dec 25, 2020
1. Because of Covid, there are delays in processing and reviewing visitor visas as they aren’t a priority. Also you can’t travel to Canada right now on just a TRV. You also need written authorization to travel. You need to show that your travel is essential. Your youngest daughter is not even eligble to enter Canada on a visitor visa.
2. Your daughter’s only option is a study permit because she is not eligible to travel to Canada with a visitor visa.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#temporary
Thanks once again. i truely appreciate your response. So i can go ahead and apply for her study permit even while her TRV is still pending. Thanks.