+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit delays

maksly

Dec 25, 2020
Hello Naturgrl, i wish to seek your advice once more. my sister in law wants to do her post graduate degree in canada. she intends to travel with her kids as well as her husband.

i have the option to stand as her sponsor. The husband has also provided kept aside funding as a financial support to her during her study in canada.

my enquiry is, is it better for me to stand as her sponsor or my brother who also wants to travel and stay with her during her study in canada. my brother also intends to work in canada during the period his wife will be studying in canada.

i will appreciate any advice you can give me

maksly

Dec 25, 2020
Hello Naturgrl, i wish to seek your advice once more. my sister in law wants to do her post graduate degree in canada. she intends to travel with her kids as well as her husband.

i have the option to stand as her sponsor. The husband has also provided kept aside funding as a financial support to her during her study in canada.

my enquiry is, is it better for me to stand as her sponsor or my brother who also wants to travel and stay with her during her study in canada. my brother also intends to work in canada during the period his wife will be studying in canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

She is a married woman with kids so she and her husband need to show their own funds. There is no such thing as sponsoring a study permit. If kids and spouse hope to come then your funds are not relevant. How many kids? How much in funds do they have? What is tuition costs? Future income doesn’t count.

maksly

Dec 25, 2020
She is a married woman with kids so she and her husband need to show their own funds. There is no such thing as sponsoring a study permit. If kids and spouse hope to come then your funds are not relevant. How many kids? How much in funds do they have? What is tuition costs? Future income doesn’t count.
Thanks for your response i really appreciate. they have two kids. tuition is CAD19,000 and the husband have about CAD58,875.70 in their bank account in nigeria. though they have paid CAD2,200 tuition deposit already to the school.

i also wish to enquire if its better for the wife to apply for the OWP for the husband while applying for her study permit or wait when she gets her study permit she will then apply for the OWP of the husband while in canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your response i really appreciate. they have two kids. tuition is CAD19,000 and the husband have about CAD58,875.70 in their bank account in nigeria. though they have paid CAD2,200 tuition deposit already to the school.

i also wish to enquire if its better for the wife to apply for the OWP for the husband while applying for her study permit or wait when she gets her study permit she will then apply for the OWP of the husband while in canada.
So they need to show $38k for the family for living expenses and then $19k (assume one year program) for tuition so the family just has enough. It is their choice as they still need to show funds for all to come to Canada. They are using every penny so hopefully the program really gives her a better salary and career opportunities on their return to justify costs.

maksly

Dec 25, 2020
So they need to show $38k for the family for living expenses and then $19k (assume one year program) for tuition so the family just has enough. It is their choice as they still need to show funds for all to come to Canada. They are using every penny so hopefully the program really gives her a better salary and career opportunities on their return to justify costs.
thanks Naturgrl. i really appreciate your advice. You didn't comment on the second part of my question (its better for the wife to apply for the OWP for the husband while applying for her study permit or wait when she gets her study permit she will then apply for the OWP of the husband while in canada)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thanks Naturgrl. i really appreciate your advice. You didn't comment on the second part of my question (its better for the wife to apply for the OWP for the husband while applying for her study permit or wait when she gets her study permit she will then apply for the OWP of the husband while in canada)
The spouse may have a better chance of approval for a study permit because she has the funds and ties to return. This means then that the husband and child may not get approved because they need to show funds and ties to return. If she is content studying in Canada without her family then apply alone.

maksly

Dec 25, 2020
The spouse may have a better chance of approval for a study permit because she has the funds and ties to return. This means then that the husband and child may not get approved because they need to show funds and ties to return. If she is content studying in Canada without her family then apply alone.
thanks for the response i appreciate immensenly