+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Delay, No communication from IRCC

M.Rose

May 20, 2018
Hello Everyone ,

I did for my study permit on 6th June, 2018 online but till date no single update has been made to my application. I haven't also received any communication from IRCC on the same.

I had done an upfront medical examination which I submitted together with the application but it's also not updated yet. I wrote to them on 8th of July on the Web form but they haven't responded to date. Their immigration office in Kenya can't assist either.

I called IRCC using the self service line and they say online applications before 18th June are processed but proceed to say mine is still being processed.

School starts on September 3rd and it's really stressing me up as the school intake runs yearly meaning failure to join this September will mean I wait till next year September.

Please Advise

talluncle

Jul 15, 2018
Hello Everyone ,

I did for my study permit on 6th June, 2018 online but till date no single update has been made to my application. I haven't also received any communication from IRCC on the same.

I had done an upfront medical examination which I submitted together with the application but it's also not updated yet. I wrote to them on 8th of July on the Web form but they haven't responded to date. Their immigration office in Kenya can't assist either.

I called IRCC using the self service line and they say online applications before 18th June are processed but proceed to say mine is still being processed.

School starts on September 3rd and it's really stressing me up as the school intake runs yearly meaning failure to join this September will mean I wait till next year September.

Please Advise
Hi, I have applied online on June 11, the only update I received from them is that they are reviewing my eligibility, I had this update July 14, and since they are reviewing. I would recommend to wait a week after the submission of web form, if not received an answer, send a new form.

Based on your nationality, you can also track the processing time for people from your country: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

M.Rose

May 20, 2018
Hi, I have applied online on June 11, the only update I received from them is that they are reviewing my eligibility, I had this update July 14, and since they are reviewing. I would recommend to wait a week after the submission of web form, if not received an answer, send a new form.

Based on your nationality, you can also track the processing time for people from your country: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
It's been over two weeks no response
I hail from Kenya which they say normal processing time is 4 weeks , it's now 8 weeks and no single update.

I'm worried as school starts in exactly 4 weeks.

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
It's been over two weeks no response
I hail from Kenya which they say normal processing time is 4 weeks , it's now 8 weeks and no single update.

I'm worried as school starts in exactly 4 weeks.
To be on safer side, contact school and apprise them with visa situation. They might defer you for Winter 2019 session. Good luck !

M.Rose

May 20, 2018
To be on safer side, contact school and apprise them with visa situation. They might defer you for Winter 2019 session. Good luck !
Sadly the course has a yearly based intake hence the next intake is September, 2019. But I'll write to the school.

csharm86

Jul 31, 2018
Applied online on 30th May for master's course in SMU and still the application is in progress, medical approved for both. Have shown funds along with GIC. We applied a joint application (student visa + dependent work permit for me). Course is starting in September 1st week. Any candidate with similar application and have they got call for visa or still waiting ?

csharm86

Jul 31, 2018
Hello Everyone ,

Please Advise
which number of IRCC you called. I would like to call as well.

aisha_khan

Star Member
Jun 21, 2018
Applied online on 30th May for master's course in SMU and still the application is in progress, medical approved for both. Have shown funds along with GIC. We applied a joint application (student visa + dependent work permit for me). Course is starting in September 1st week. Any candidate with similar application and have they got call for visa or still waiting ?
hey ping me on messenger
hey i have a same case.... ping on messege

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Its either CIC are experiencing backlogs of applications or having a more than usual volumes of applications.

CIC how aware about most June applicants are to resume classes in September and so all applications prior to September resumption would be processed before then.

Of recent, CIC has been very slow on decisions especially for online applicants which if you ask most January-April applicants against May resumption, their wait was even beyond unimaginable.

All that can be done now is to wear patience as in my "guess," most applications for September resumption will begin to get update from August but this is not to say any update won't come before then

If your processing time hasn't exceed the normal duration, don't look desperate and stay clear of sending an early morning reminders to CIC about your application, EXCEPT it has exceeded and/or a biometrics call up hasn't being undergone from 1-10days prior to submission which should be done with haste

The wait is unbearable which is generally known but a decision will surely be made to all applications

M.Rose

May 20, 2018
Its either CIC are experiencing backlogs of applications or having a more than usual volumes of applications.

CIC how aware about most June applicants are to resume classes in September and so all applications prior to September resumption would be processed before then.

Of recent, CIC has been very slow on decisions especially for online applicants which if you ask most January-April applicants against May resumption, their wait was even beyond unimaginable.

All that can be done now is to wear patience as in my "guess," most applications for September resumption will begin to get update from August but this is not to say any update won't come before then

If your processing time hasn't exceed the normal duration, don't look desperate and stay clear of sending an early morning reminders to CIC about your application, EXCEPT it has exceeded and/or a biometrics call up hasn't being undergone from 1-10days prior to submission which should be done with haste

The wait is unbearable which is generally known but a decision will surely be made to all applications
It's really unbearable. I have paid fees to book a seat in my program and less than four weeks to go and no word from them is really stressing me up.

I really don't understand how applications done in July have already been approved. And no single update for as early as April applications. Online or paper we should all be treated equally since its part of their system.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
It's really unbearable. I have paid fees to book a seat in my program and less than four weeks to go and no word from them is really stressing me up.

I get your feelings absolutely, There are many applicant opting for online application than paper route cause such delays is global for online applications I think cause such trend everywhere

if your application has exceed the given time duration by CIC, kindly send them a warm reminder don't just sit and relax anymore

I really don't understand how applications done in July have already been approved. And no single update for as early as April applications. Online or paper we should all be treated equally since its part of their system.

muna_12

Sep 1, 2018
Hello,
I am Nigerian and I applied for a study permit via online application on the 12th of June, 2018, with no upfront medicals.
Since biometrics I have received no messages from ircc. My application status has remained stagnant. No request for medicals or anything.
I contacted my university and told them my situation and they gave me till the 13th of September and theyll give up my residence space.
I am just wondering if my application processing time goes beyond the resumption date of my university will it be automatically rejected?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello,
I am Nigerian and I applied for a study permit via online application on the 12th of June, 2018, with no upfront medicals.
Since biometrics I have received no messages from ircc. My application status has remained stagnant. No request for medicals or anything.
I contacted my university and told them my situation and they gave me till the 13th of September and theyll give up my residence space.
I am just wondering if my application processing time goes beyond the resumption date of my university will it be automatically rejected?

No, you won't be rejected rather if a decision is to be meant after exceeding your resumption date, the VO "might or not" request for a new admission letter from you to get the job completely done. Relax yourself, that shouldn't be a problem EXCEPT your school don't offer deferments

Reactions: afrotimy

Najaah mahamud

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
Hello Everyone ,

Please Advise
Did you get it or still waiting. I'm also from kenya and I applied 3 of July I submitted every thing even medical report which they requested

Reactions: Amason

Mohamed 2000

Aug 29, 2018
Any one know if I can cancel online application and apply offline? I am from Egypt and most of offline applications has been accepted and they already studying in Canada now!

I have got no update unless Biometrics request which is already done on 28 June !! they don't respond to our emails or calls !!

it is really disappointed!