+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit delay and restoration

momochippu

May 31, 2023
Hi guys,
I applied for a study permit on the end of this January and I’m still waiting for the decision.
My stay is maintained since I applied for a study permit before my original visa (IEC) expired.

What I’m concerned about is the case my study permit get rejected. If that’s the case, am I allowed to resubmit additional documents while I keep staying in Canada?
It’s gonna be almost 90days since my original visa expired. And I’m aware that restoration has to be done within 90days of having lost the original visa.
So what would be my status if my study permit get rejected after 90days of my original visa expired? Should I apply for restoration before 90days just in case for my study permit getting rejected?

I was supposed to go to college as of this May but my study permit didn’t make it in time. So I decided to defer to the September semester and keep staying in Canada and waiting.
According to IRCC call, my eligibility has not started yet. I’m stuck.
If anyone is relatable to my situation, please give me advice. Thank you for reading.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys,
I applied for a study permit on the end of this January and I’m still waiting for the decision.
My stay is maintained since I applied for a study permit before my original visa (IEC) expired.

What I’m concerned about is the case my study permit get rejected. If that’s the case, am I allowed to resubmit additional documents while I keep staying in Canada?
It’s gonna be almost 90days since my original visa expired. And I’m aware that restoration has to be done within 90days of having lost the original visa.
So what would be my status if my study permit get rejected after 90days of my original visa expired? Should I apply for restoration before 90days just in case for my study permit getting rejected?

I was supposed to go to college as of this May but my study permit didn’t make it in time. So I decided to defer to the September semester and keep staying in Canada and waiting.
According to IRCC call, my eligibility has not started yet. I’m stuck.
If anyone is relatable to my situation, please give me advice. Thank you for reading.
If your IEC expired, to stay in Canada you must restore your status to visitor. You need to do that now.

momochippu

May 31, 2023
If your IEC expired, to stay in Canada you must restore your status to visitor. You need to do that now.
I think restoration takes a lot of time and have to wait for it to be approved even if my study permit get approved first. So I’m deciding if I keep having hopes of my study permit getting approved or applying for restoration to prepare for the possibility of my study permit getting rejected.
If my study permit get approve without any problems, all my concerns can be solved tho…

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I think restoration takes a lot of time and have to wait for it to be approved even if my study permit get approved first. So I’m deciding if I keep having hopes of my study permit getting approved or applying for restoration to prepare for the possibility of my study permit getting rejected.
If my study permit get approve without any problems, all my concerns can be solved tho…
All you can do is wait. If rejected, you need to restore status to visitor.