+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit close to Expiry- NO PGWP

m.chippy

Dec 12, 2013
hello everyone,

I am a recent graduate from a Masters program, and I also have a bachelors degree (in total I've spent 7 years in Canada). I am also currently working in my field. My study permit and off-campus work permit will expire on July 31st and so I have applied for a post graduate work permit

I would like to make a trip to America in 2 weeks (for a few days). My question is: Do you think I will be able to return to Canada with ease since my permit is expiring soon?

My TRV is also expired but Canadian residents can travel to the US and St. Pierre & Miquelon without TRV's and so that should not be a problem. I am super scared of being refused re- entry into Canada as immigration officials can be very unfriendly? Please help ...thanks :D

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014 (paper based through VFS)
Med's Done....
upfront medical (~15 days before applying)
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
m.chippy said:
hello everyone,

I am a recent graduate from a Masters program, and I also have a bachelors degree (in total I've spent 7 years in Canada). I am also currently working in my field. My study permit and off-campus work permit will expire on July 31st and so I have applied for a post graduate work permit

I would like to make a trip to America in 2 weeks (for a few days). My question is: Do you think I will be able to return to Canada with ease since my permit is expiring soon?

My TRV is also expired but Canadian residents can travel to the US and St. Pierre & Miquelon without TRV's and so that should not be a problem. I am super scared of being refused re- entry into Canada as immigration officials can be very unfriendly? Please help ...thanks :D
are u canadian resident?? if not, u need a visa for both us and canada. if TRV has expired then u will be denied entry to Canada even if study permit is valid.

rahul_007

Feb 25, 2014
Canadian resident is anyone who is legally allowed to stay in canada isnt it
in that case he wont have issues

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

meagan99 said:
are u canadian resident?? if not, u need a visa for both us and canada. if TRV has expired then u will be denied entry to Canada even if study permit is valid.

No, you can enter Canada from USA on an expired TRV if you are travelling solely to the USA (from Canada), & not entering any other country.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

m.chippy said:
hello everyone,

No issue if you enter Canada before July 31st.

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014 (paper based through VFS)
Med's Done....
upfront medical (~15 days before applying)
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
J5M said:
Hi,
No, you can enter Canada from USA on an expired TRV if you are travelling solely to the USA (from Canada), & not entering any other country.
never knew that

m.chippy

Dec 12, 2013
Thank you all for your responses. I don't think the expired TRV will be an issue as I have travelled to the states with an expired TRV (in the last couple of months) and was allowed to return to Canada.

Seems like I wont have a problem if I return before July 31st and I intend to be back way before then. Thanks again!! **now proceeding to book my ticket---fingers crossed**