+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Set333

Dec 2, 2021
Hello. Could someone can help me, please. I applied for a study permit+OWP for my wife. My application still in progress, but wife's OWP was refused for the reasons:
• You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the IRPR exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the IRPR. As a result, your offer of employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada to begin this process.

Is it mean that I had refused to, just didn't get an update on my account information?

Last edited:

Me_A

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Hello. Could someone can help me, please. I applied for a study permit+OWP for my wife. My application still in progress, but wife's OWP was refused for the reasons:
• You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the IRPR exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the IRPR. As a result, your offer of employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada to begin this process.

Is it mean that I had refused to, just don't get an update on my account information?
When did you apply and from where?
2. Also this seems like the application was done wrongly

Set333

Dec 2, 2021
When did you apply and from where?
2. Also this seems like the application was done wrongly
November 4, from Russia.
I see that topic for Nigerians but looks like there are a lot of experienced people.

I tried to search through the forum but did not find the same situation.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

Is it mean that I had refused to, just didn't get an update on my account information?
I guess your application is wrongly done. We dont have details but usually with OWP, you dont need offer of employment to apply. Looks like you did submit job offer and they are referring you for LMIA.

Set333

Dec 2, 2021
I guess your application is wrongly done. We dont have details but usually with OWP, you dont need offer of employment to apply. Looks like you did submit job offer and they are referring you for LMIA.
No, my wife just accompany me as a student, and I even didn't think about seeking a job offer for her.

Any suggestions on what I can do with it? Just wait when my application will be viewed and hope that officer will see that my spouse's application is in the wrong status and he will review it? Is it possible?

Obinnakaka

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021
Ondo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abuja
Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen!

I hope we are all doing well. As we draw close to the end of the year I have a small announcement to make.

After 3,845 comments on 257 pages of information, this thread has become a very useful resource and encouragement to many. I am proud and happy of what it has become so far. I am happy it has now taken a life of its own to the glory of God and I am no longer required to stir it.

In view of this, this will be my last comment here, I will now be bowing out and moving on to other things. I will also be leaving this industry to focus on my career. I leave you in the capable hands of the likes of @Simba112 and others who are equally vast in all things Canadian study permit application.

I wish everyone seeking opportunities out of the abysmal situation of Nigeria success in their respective journey. I doubt there is anything left I have to offer on this platform.

Wishing you all the very best in all you do, a prosperous and blessed 2022.

Keep pushing, your victory is around the corner.

Signing out

Omofar.
Thank you for all you have done for many on this platform.

Reactions: omohammed.lanre