+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

K.O

Oct 12, 2021
Hello K.O,

You should be patient. It could take a while or not. However, if your application has stayed longer than the estimated processing time, send a webform/email to enquire about the status of your application and it is also wise to request your GCMS Notes to understand if some concerns are making your application tarry.

Regards,

JS
Thank you very much. how long do GCMS notes take to arrive?

toch17

Sep 22, 2021
Good day everyone,

I submitted my application on June 9th, without doing upfront medicals. By September I had not received a medical request letter and since medical slots were filling up very fast I booked an appointment and did my medicals on September 13th and uploaded it via webform. A few days later after I did the medical exam, I received the medical request letter. I uploaded the medical results again via webform after confirming from IOM that they have sent my results. My status never changed from 'your action is required' and now after a month since they sent me the meidcal request, and I uploaded it on webform multiple times, my account is saying that they did not receive the results of my medicals. My status has changed to 'submitted'.

What should I do now?

I appreciate any advice and help. Thank you.

Oyioche1

Jan 6, 2021
Good day everyone,

I submitted my application on June 9th, without doing upfront medicals. By September I had not received a medical request letter and since medical slots were filling up very fast I booked an appointment and did my medicals on September 13th and uploaded it via webform. A few days later after I did the medical exam, I received the medical request letter. I uploaded the medical results again via webform after confirming from IOM that they have sent my results. My status never changed from 'your action is required' and now after a month since they sent me the meidcal request, and I uploaded it on webform multiple times, my account is saying that they did not receive the results of my medicals. My status has changed to 'submitted'.

What should I do now?

For your status to have changed means they have received it.

When you were filling the webform, under visa office where your application is being processed, did you choose Nigeria or Kenya?

Regards,

Reactions: EsterO

toch17

Sep 22, 2021
For your status to have changed means they have received it.

When you were filling the webform, under visa office where your application is being processed, did you choose Nigeria or Kenya?

Regards,
Thank you for your reply.

I put Lagos as my visa office. I also noticed that the IME numbers on my upfront medical results and the one on the medical request letters were different. Could this be the problem?

Thanks.

Ella Okotie

Oct 18, 2021
Hello everyone, I applied for a study permit in May. I submitted my biometrics on the 9th of June. It's been over 4 months and I still haven't seen any updates from the VO. And I'm really worried. Should I send an email to them?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello everyone, I applied for a study permit in May. I submitted my biometrics on the 9th of June. It's been over 4 months and I still haven't seen any updates from the VO. And I'm really worried. Should I send an email to them?

Hello Ella Okotie,

Four months is a long time that has exceeded the estimated processing time as at when you applied. If I can recall, it seems it was 8 weeks processing time then.

You can go ahead to send them webforms/emails (which regularly come with a generic response) to Nairobi. If you have the available budget, it will be wise to request your GCMS notes. It will help you understand the ongoing activities or if any concerns can be quickly addressed. you can request the GCMS notes at GCMSWriters.com or reach them on Instagram/Twitter/Telegram: @GCMSWriters.

– JS

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Good day everyone,

What should I do now?

Hello Toch17,

Relax, it is not a problem. You will receive further instruction from IRCC. It takes at least 3 days for IOM to forward your medicals to IRCC. Since this has been done likewise you sending the e-Medical slip via the webform, you should be fine.

– JS

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
In my visa portal, it keeps saying processing, i did upfront medicals so they haven't asked for any other thing. Is that a good sign?

Hello Davidaustin123,

Your application is under active processing. If there are any changes, you will get an email notification from IRCC and/or in your GcKey account. Just be patient.

– JS

toch17

Sep 22, 2021
Hello Toch17,

Relax, it is not a problem. You will receive further instruction from IRCC. It takes at least 3 days for IOM to forward your medicals to IRCC. Since this has been done likewise you sending the e-Medical slip via the webform, you should be fine.

– JS
Thank you very much Johnsnow. My IME numbers are different on the upfront and on the medical request letter, are you saying this is not a problem?

Last edited:

Ella Okotie

Oct 18, 2021
Hello Ella Okotie,

Four months is a long time that has exceeded the estimated processing time as at when you applied. If I can recall, it seems it was 8 weeks processing time then.

You can go ahead to send them webforms/emails (which regularly come with a generic response) to Nairobi. If you have the available budget, it will be wise to request your GCMS notes. It will help you understand the ongoing activities or if any concerns can be quickly addressed. you can request the GCMS notes at GCMSWriters.com or reach them on Instagram/Twitter/Telegram: @GCMSWriters.

– JS
Okay thank you very much. Who should I address the email to?

Messixxy

Oct 21, 2021
Good day guys, if one receives ppr and submits the passport is it normal for the passport to still be with the embassy for up to 4weeks??

drsmug

May 28, 2021
After getting PPR do you go in person to the VFS in Lagos to submit your passport by yourself....do you book an appointment for it or you just go to the embassy and submit the passport? @Omofar

Last edited: