+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Sarah1111

Sep 15, 2021
Hi @Sarah1111,

Thanks for visiting this platform.

1. Ate you sure you applied via paper application to IRCC or you applied via paper application through an agent who in turn submitted your application online. Please confirm.

2. If it's true that you did apply via paper application, then the next thing for you to do is to create an online GCKey account on thr IRCC website.

3. Once you have done that, you can link your paper application to your online account. There you can get the official passport request letter and go submit your passport.

In the mean wishing are in order.

All the best.

Omofar.
Thank you for your reply
Yes I just opened an account and I am finding it difficult to link my application to online account

Oyioche1

Jan 6, 2021
Hi Omofar and the general house. Please advise me, I have deferred my admission till January 2021 since I am yet to receive study permit approval. However, I have not sent the new LOA to IRCC. Do you advise I send it now or wait to get the approval first?

I will appreciate your responses.

Regards,

Obinnakaka

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021
Ondo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abuja
Hi Omofar and the general house. Please advise me, I have deferred my admission till January 2021 since I am yet to receive study permit approval. However, I have not sent the new LOA to IRCC. Do you advise I send it now or wait to get the approval first?

I will appreciate your responses.

Regards,
Kindly forward same to them using a web form.

K.O

Oct 12, 2021
Good day all, does anyone know how long it could take IRCC to complete review of eligibility if one has passed the medical( upfront) and biometrics have been processed?
Thank you

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Good day all, does anyone know how long it could take IRCC to complete a review of eligibility if one has passed the medical( upfront) and biometrics have been processed?
Thank you

Hello K.O,

You should be patient. It could take a while or not. However, if your application has stayed longer than the estimated processing time, send a webform/email to enquire about the status of your application and it is also wise to request your GCMS Notes to understand if some concerns are making your application tarry.

Regards,

JS

Obinnakaka

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021
Ondo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abuja
Good morning Obinna. When filling the web form, which visa processing office do I choose, Lagos Nigeria or Nairobi in Kenya? I don't want to make mistake.
Choose Lagos. They will send it automatically to the office handling your application.