+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Oyioche1

Jan 6, 2021
2 months and 28 days!!! IT ENDED IN PRAISE!

Ah, this journey has been a long one. I remember when I started my application, initially I had wanted to do the express entry route but it just was not working out.

On the 25th of April, my colleague and I were gisting and he started talking about study permits and I thought, you know, this is the one thing I haven't really considered because I just felt I would never qualify for it. So I went and started to search for schools and eventually I found a school that I just fell in love with, and they are the only School that offer the combination of the program I wanted. I was so happy.

Fast forward to June 24th, I submitted my application and the wait began. This process requires a lot of patience and faith. I was very sure that I had done my work, but sometimes when you read people's news, you read about how long it takes for some people to get it, doubt creeps in.

Last week, I experienced a meltdown and I turned to God cos I was so helpless. I'm Catholic so I believe so much in my novenas. I started three (3) novenas; 2 to "Saint Jude Thaddeus" and 1 to "Mother Mary the Undoer of Knots." Today is day 6 of the novenas. When I knelt down to pray yesterday night (day 5), I said "Saint Jude, they say you are the saint of The Impossible, I dare you to give me a response tomorrow," if you do this for me, I will tell everyone about your Novena.

Today, for some reason I wasn't so eager to check my profile, unlike how I used to log in every day. Lol. I was just playing with my phone and I saw that I had an email, I opened the email and it was from CIC. I couldn't breathe. My heart was racing. So I called my colleague and asked him to please help me login, and to God be the Glory, Passport Request (PPR) was there. I screamed, cried, wailed, rolled on the floor and waa just thanking God!

I just want to thank God for his mercy upon me, and to tell anyone who has applied and has done their homework to take it to God in prayer. There is nothing impossible for him!

2 months and 28 days!!! I haven't seen a record as this. My heart is full.

Date Submitted: June 24
Biometrics: June 28
Medical passed: August 18
Correspondence and PPR: September 22 (12:40PM)
Wao, your testimony is simply a manifestation of the great wonders of our God. Congratulations, I tap into your Novena for the same wonder. God truly answers prayers.
The waiting time can be traumatic.

Tuddgod

Jun 21, 2021
After your upfront medicals, a slip was given to u. Just upload that. They will confirm it once it's done. Can take upto 3-5days.

Also, if you deferred the Admission, provide them with the new LOA.
Let me be clear so there's no mix. After the exam I uploaded the slip they handed to me the next day. Now IRCC is requesting for medicals September and I uploaded the slip April.

Obinnakaka

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021
Ondo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abuja
Oh, great. So, how long did it take after you uploaded it before your medical status was updated and after medical update, how long will it take to get the study permit approval?
I got the request on the 13th of Sept and I uploaded immediately. It reflected on the 15th.

Obinnakaka

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021
Ondo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abuja
Let me be clear so there's no mix. After the exam I uploaded the slip they handed to me the next day. Now IRCC is requesting for medicals September and I uploaded the slip April.
Upload again. Anything could have happened to their system.

Obinnakaka

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021
Ondo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abuja
Hr
Good Day Omofar and others. This testimony is inspiring and the case seem similar with that of my cousin.
Please help advise, my cousin who applied in May for 2021 Fall, did his medical upfront on the 17th of August and received request for medical on the 24th September. Now, my question is why did they request for his medical again when he did that upfront, what could have happened to the result sent by the IOM? When he got the request, he contacted IOM in Lagos where he did the test and they told him they sent his medical since August and they gave him a e-medical information sheet which he has upload through webform. It is over a week now but yet to hear from IRCC. Is there any cause for worries?

I will appreciate you advice.

Regards,
He should just upload again. He should ensure it is clear, especially the barcode and the number under it.

Reactions: Omofar

Dr Salt

Jan 18, 2019
Hello everyone. My passport is with the UK Embassy and I am worried that I may not meet IRCC's 30-day deadline. Has anyone been in this type of situation before? What do I do? Is it safe to fill a webform requesting for an extension with evidence attached? I'm really confused. Please help. Thank you.

Obinnakaka

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021
Ondo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abuja
Good day everyone.

I want to say a big thank you to @Omofar and everyone on this platform. Though I already submitted my application before joining this forum, the comments here gave me consolation and guidance.

I got my BVL and PPR on 4th Oct, 2021 to the glory of God.

I pray that everyone here still expecting their own PPR will get it soon.

Cheers!!!

Obinnakaka

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021
Ondo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abuja
Pls house, I would like to know where I can get the VAC consent form. It is not on the VFS site. Secondly, what address should I send my passport to and who should I address it to?

Thanks in anticipation.

Sarah1111

Sep 15, 2021
Good day everyone.

I want to say a big thank you to @Omofar and everyone on this platform. Though I already submitted my application before joining this forum, the comments here gave me consolation and guidance.

Cheers!!!
Amen

Reactions: Obinnakaka

Dina16

Jun 27, 2021
Good day everyone.

Cheers!!!
Congratulations, I tap into your blessing

Reactions: Obinnakaka

Davidaustin123

Jul 19, 2021
Good day everyone.

Cheers!!!
Pls can you share your timelines

Kamsyjon

Aug 6, 2021
Good day everyone.

Cheers!!!
Congrats bro.

Which exact date did you apply?

DollyCLT

Oct 9, 2021
Hello all,

I’m a 17 year old who applied to a computer program at George Brown College.
submitted the normal forms including guardian declaration form. I have 4 sponsors.

Dad - letter of support, land document and bank statements
Mum - letter of support, land documents and bank statements
Cousin 1 - letter of support , bank statements and makes $75,000 annually. Lives in U.S.
Cousin 2 - letter of support, bank statement and makes $110,000 annually. Lives in U.S

Aug 6 - Application Submission
Aug 7 - Biometrics Collection Letter
Sep 28 - Upfront Medical completed but not yet uploaded by QLIFE.
Oct 7 - Medical request

Please what does it mean to get a medical request?

Thank you!

Holarjoseph

Sep 3, 2021
Hello all,

I’m a 17 year old who applied to a computer program at George Brown College.
submitted the normal forms including guardian declaration form. I have 4 sponsors.

Dad - letter of support, land document and bank statements
Mum - letter of support, land documents and bank statements
Cousin 1 - letter of support , bank statements and makes $75,000 annually. Lives in U.S.
Cousin 2 - letter of support, bank statement and makes $110,000 annually. Lives in U.S

Aug 6 - Application Submission
Aug 7 - Biometrics Collection Letter
Sep 28 - Upfront Medical completed but not yet uploaded by QLIFE.
Oct 7 - Medical request

Please what does it mean to get a medical request?

Thank you!
Congratulations in advance that looks like an approval