+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

drsmug

May 28, 2021
After booking for a date in IOM medical website do you make payments before the date of your appointment or you pay physically on the date of your appointment. If the payment is made before the date of your appointment ( I would need to go with a reciept of payment to show proof of payment right?) @Omofar
Please anyone who has any idea about this too reply. Thanks

Reactions: Holarjoseph

Zee23

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
After booking for a date in IOM medical website do you make payments before the date of your appointment or you pay physically on the date of your appointment. If the payment is made before the date of your appointment ( I would need to go with a reciept of payment to show proof of payment right?) @Omofar
Hello,
After booking they send you a date and bank details where to pay. Then you print our proof of payment and take it on the day of your appointment.

Dr Salt

Jan 18, 2019
2 months and 28 days!!! IT ENDED IN PRAISE!

Ah, this journey has been a long one. I remember when I started my application, initially I had wanted to do the express entry route but it just was not working out.

On the 25th of April, my colleague and I were gisting and he started talking about study permits and I thought, you know, this is the one thing I haven't really considered because I just felt I would never qualify for it. So I went and started to search for schools and eventually I found a school that I just fell in love with, and they are the only School that offer the combination of the program I wanted. I was so happy.

Fast forward to June 24th, I submitted my application and the wait began. This process requires a lot of patience and faith. I was very sure that I had done my work, but sometimes when you read people's news, you read about how long it takes for some people to get it, doubt creeps in.

Last week, I experienced a meltdown and I turned to God cos I was so helpless. I'm Catholic so I believe so much in my novenas. I started three (3) novenas; 2 to "Saint Jude Thaddeus" and 1 to "Mother Mary the Undoer of Knots." Today is day 6 of the novenas. When I knelt down to pray yesterday night (day 5), I said "Saint Jude, they say you are the saint of The Impossible, I dare you to give me a response tomorrow," if you do this for me, I will tell everyone about your Novena.

Today, for some reason I wasn't so eager to check my profile, unlike how I used to log in every day. Lol. I was just playing with my phone and I saw that I had an email, I opened the email and it was from CIC. I couldn't breathe. My heart was racing. So I called my colleague and asked him to please help me login, and to God be the Glory, Passport Request (PPR) was there. I screamed, cried, wailed, rolled on the floor and waa just thanking God!

I just want to thank God for his mercy upon me, and to tell anyone who has applied and has done their homework to take it to God in prayer. There is nothing impossible for him!

2 months and 28 days!!! I haven't seen a record as this. My heart is full.

Date Submitted: June 24
Biometrics: June 28
Medical passed: August 18
Correspondence and PPR: September 22 (12:40PM)

Last edited:

Obinnakaka

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021
Ondo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abuja
Make payment before the day of the medical and keep the transaction receipt. You will need it.

Obinnakaka

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021
Ondo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abuja

Ah, this journey has been a long one. I remember when I started my application, initially I had wanted to do the express entry route but it just was not working out.

On the 25th of April, my colleague and I were gisting and he started talking about study permits and I thought, you know, this is the one thing I haven't really considered because I just felt I would never qualify for it. So I went and started to search for schools and eventually I found a school that I just fell in love with, and they are the only School that offer the combination of the program I wanted. I was so happy.

Fast forward to June 24th, I submitted my application and the wait began. This process requires a lot of patience and faith. I was very sure that I had done my work, but sometimes when you read people's news, you read about how long it takes for some people to get it, doubt creeps in.

Last week, I experienced a meltdown and I turned to God cos I was so helpless. I'm Catholic so I believe so much in my novenas. I started three (3) novenas; 2 to "Saint Jude Thaddeus" and 1 to "Mother Mary the Undoer of Knots." Today is day 6 of the novenas. When I knelt down to pray yesterday night (day 5), I said "Saint Jude, they say you are the saint of The Impossible, I dare you to give me a response tomorrow," if you do this for me, I will tell everyone about your Novena.

Today, for some reason I wasn't so eager to check my profile, unlike how I used to log in every day. Lol. I was just playing with my phone and I saw that I had an email, I opened the email and it was from CIC. I couldn't breathe. My heart was racing. So I called my colleague and asked him to please help me login, and to God be the Glory, Passport Request (PPR) was there. I screamed, cried, wailed, rolled on the floor and waa just thanking God!

I just want to thank God for his mercy upon me, and to tell anyone who has applied and has done their homework to take it to God in prayer. There is nothing impossible for him!

Wow. Glory to God. I can't wait to praise God aloud too. Congrats bro.

Reactions: Omofar and Dr Salt

Ralph2k

Sep 18, 2021

Congratulations..brother

Reactions: Kamsyjon

Ralph2k

Sep 18, 2021
Hello..everyone, please can anyone explain what ircc means by we are reviewing the result of your medical exam on my account, but they've not ask me to go for medicals yet.

overtwopoint5

Dec 4, 2019

Congtrats!!!
This is my TL
  • Date Received: June 22, 2021
  • Biometrics:

• Date of Biometrics Enrolment: November 27, 2019
2nd Trial. Still waiting for decision.

Kamsyjon

Aug 6, 2021

Congrats bro

I claim this

MissJenn

Aug 6, 2021
Hi Omofar and everyone,
Please I sent an email inquiry on my study permit application and got a response that " Verification on this file is complete" please has anyone received such before and what does it probably mean. Thanks

Oladimeji2208

Apr 10, 2021
Hello Omofar and everyone, I posted about my revoked admission offer here some weeks ago.

So, I applied to st Clair college in February for September 2021 intake paid the full tuition, they deffered it to January 2022 because they didn't hold the program, now the offer has been revoked because I didn't get visa before their sept 15 deadline. And I submitted application for study visa May and as at September 22 i received a final approval letter from IRCC. I understand I can't use this visa to study in another college.

Also, St Clair college do not defer admission offers more than once, I have gotten an admission into Fanshawe college for May 2022 the same course i applied for at st Clair, but they require me to pay half of the tuition fee to confirm my acceptance.

Now I need advice on what to do next, I am planning on asking for my tuition refund from st Clair, they said it might take 90 days (before it gets stuck) and reapplying for visa, without an agent. And how can I tell IRCC to use the NSE, and how do i explain to ircc about the tuition i paid to st Clair if it hasn't landed in my account yet because its part the money for my proof of funds

Please your advice will be appreciated, thank you.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello..everyone, please can anyone explain what ircc means by we are reviewing the result of your medical exam on my account, but they've not ask me to go for medicals yet.
Its a glitch and that will change to " we require medical exam" or we are processing medical exam

Reactions: Ralph2k

Ghledhow

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Hello. I am tring to apply TRV for my mum. There is a section asking for national identity document. Is that NIN? Also its asking for issue date NIN has no issue date. Pls I am stuck. Help!