+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

AlliyB

Jul 6, 2021
Hi guys, submitted my SP application on May 13, 2021. Eligibility shows application in progress. Biometrics- Not needed though I did in 2019 and think that still valid. Medical shows Not needed too however, I did upfront medical on May 14. Anything I could do? It's almost 2months and no update

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021
Hi guys, submitted my SP application on May 13, 2021. Eligibility shows application in progress. Biometrics- Not needed though I did in 2019 and think that still valid. Medical shows Not needed too however, I did upfront medical on May 14. Anything I could do? It's almost 2months and no update
Be patient. They have already said that for those who applied by May 15, 2021, you should get a decision by August 6, 2021, in time to attend the fall semester. That's in 4 weeks time.

Reactions: Omofar

Nuvs

Jul 10, 2021
Hey Y'all.

I applied for study visa on April 5. Got NSE request on Apr 16 but didn't submit. I have not had any other request since then.
Did upfront medical last week and it has been submitted.
My three elder sisters are living in Canada. 2 are students and one is a PR (also schooled there) and she helped me request my GCMS notes 2 weeks ago and still waiting on it.
I have sent multiple emails to Nairobi and Lagos VO and even sent webforms but no response.
Is there a chance I might get denied due to lack of family ties back home as I am the youngest of my siblings and wont be having any ties back home.

Thanks!

okosaga

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
Hello guys, need some advice here. I got an aunt who secure high school for her daughter grade 9. And plan to apply for student visa for her. She plan to accompany her as she is a minor. In addition she plan to also come with her 2 year daugter. How easy will she be able secure visa for september session

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello guys, need some advice here. I got an aunt who secure high school for her daughter grade 9. And plan to apply for student visa for her. She plan to accompany her as she is a minor. In addition she plan to also come with her 2 year daugter. How easy will she be able secure visa for september session
There is no guarantee that they will receive decision for Fall. They are processing application received before May 15 for fall and current processing time is 7weeks if all documents required were submitted. So simply, the answer is NO.

If she intends to come along with her 2years and herself, what will be the plan? Be on visitor temporarily or throughout entire period…she needs to have financial resources and strong ties to be approved

Reactions: Omofar

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021
Still planning to apply for this year's fall now? Don't know about easy, but the time seems too short to meet up with September. Unless they will allow her to start online while her SP is being processed. I personally don't subscribe to that though.

okosaga

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
Still planning to apply for this year's fall now? Don't know about easy, but the time seems too short to meet up with September. Unless they will allow her to start online while her SP is being processed. I personally don't subscribe to that though.
The school is okay for her to start online. I am also looking for help with someon ethat have put in similar application and a kind of template for the support letter.

In terms of resources, they have fund. And as a family they have a travel histor y to US for like more than 15 stamp. They visit US like twince or once every year except for the last year as a result of covid. Moreseo the 2 year old baby is an america citizen. And they just secured a US visit 2 weeks ago.

The school concern was the timing different if she decide to do online. But if it comes to that, They have a private house in US , the mum plan to be in US while waiting for the decision for the Canadian student visa.

okosaga

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
There is no guarantee that they will receive decision for Fall. They are processing application received before May 15 for fall and current processing time is 7weeks if all documents required were submitted. So simply, the answer is NO.

If she intends to come along with her 2years and herself, what will be the plan? Be on visitor temporarily or throughout entire period…she needs to have financial resources and strong ties to be approved
Thanks Simba for your comment. Her plan is to get a visitor visa to help her girl settle. And will probably be with her all the duration for her studies. But that doent mean she wouldnt be returning home. She has a business, but should be self driven. Its a family business and she is part of the Directors.

The 2 years is US citizen. But for sure will need some kind of permit to stay beyong 90days.

For financial resources, I think that might not be issue.

Jun 30, 2021
@Omofar please I went for biometrics June25th, Is there hope of me getting my visa before the fall semester??
2. Please how much does Medicals cost now cos I've bn hearing series of prices.

Jun 30, 2021
Pls how were you able to track your application cos mind is displaying no record found on the vfs site

Obinnakaka

Star Member
Jun 7, 2021
Ondo
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abuja
Good evening house,
Hope everyone is good? Please I want to know if submitting a web form takes an application to the back of the processing waiting queue. I just got my "confirmation of appointment" at my place of work and I am thinking of adding it to my application using the web form.
Secondly, I didn't do upfront medicals and I am yet to get a request for that. Can I do it and submit or should I wait until they request for it? @Omofar