+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Conqueror440

Apr 23, 2021
Hello everyone
I guess there are a lot of backlog as people are experiencing a lot of delays in their applications.

@Omofar
A friend of mine applied for study permit since on 5 Jan 2021 the only update he got on his portal is submission confirmation on 7 Feb 2021 following BL ever since no message from IRCC.
Is the delay a good sign sir?

Royality

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Good day Omofar

What do you think about getting a deed of gift from your sponsor+LOE when mybankstatement is requested and you’re unable to provide it (as Firstbank is not listed as part of the banks offering that service)??
Thank you
Firstbank now give mybank statement ,was testified by people on nairaland but they said it has to come from their headquarters, please make enquiries!

Royality

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Hi @Omofar ,
Does two years undergraduate college diploma for someone who has only secondary School certificate (waec) a progression ?? Or is it only bachelor's is advisable ??

Faridah10

Mar 3, 2021
I want to apply for study permit and work permit for my spouse.

I would like to know if it is advisable we apply together or separately.

If it is advisable to apply together, please how can I write my SOP to convince the VO that we will be leaving Canada after my study

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone
I guess there are a lot of backlog as people are experiencing a lot of delays in their applications.

@Omofar
A friend of mine applied for study permit since on 5 Jan 2021 the only update he got on his portal is submission confirmation on 7 Feb 2021 following BL ever since no message from IRCC.
Is the delay a good sign sir?
Hello,

I am afraid I am unable to give an accurate response to your query. The truth is that there are so many variables, that no one knows what a delay could mean.

Kind regards.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @Omofar ,
Does two years undergraduate college diploma for someone who has only secondary School certificate (waec) a progression ?? Or is it only bachelor's is advisable ??
Hello,

This is quite difficult to answer, for example someone who finished the WAEC 1-2 years again and is less than 18 or 19 years old, the diploma is a decent option, however, imagine someone who finished WAEC 3-6 years ago might be a bt more difficult.

Kind regards.

Omofar

Oyioche1

Jan 6, 2021
Good afternoon Omofar and other members here.
I recall that I had requested for advice in January when I had a visa refusal. I have a degree but applied for a diploma course and got rejected. The GCMS notes state that I have a higher qualification than the diploma and that it doesn't show career progression. Now I have admission for a postgraduate certificate program, it is for one year and I had paid for the tuition deposit of CAD$2,650.
I have received the acceptance letter.
Now, I want to apply for study permit. The total school fees is about CAD$17400. Do you think paying for the first semester tuition will improve my chances? I have sufficient fund and may not need a sponsor since it is for a year.
I will appreciate your candid advice.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Good afternoon Omofar and other members here.
I recall that I had requested for advice in January when I had a visa refusal. I have a degree but applied for a diploma course and got rejected. The GCMS notes state that I have a higher qualification than the diploma and that it doesn't show career progression. Now I have admission for a postgraduate certificate program, it is for one year and I had paid for the tuition deposit of CAD$2,650.
I have received the acceptance letter.
Now, I want to apply for study permit. The total school fees is about CAD$17400. Do you think paying for the first semester tuition will improve my chances? I have sufficient fund and may not need a sponsor since it is for a year.
I will appreciate your candid advice.
Unfortunately paying for your first semester will not improve chances but will be taken into consideration. Having a degree and apply for PG Certificate does not show career progression, and you risk getting another refusal. Why not Masters degree?

blixdon

Mar 23, 2021
@Omofar
The tuition fees for masters program at Windsor University is CAD 9, 375 for one term. The program duration is 4 terms in 16 months. Please if my bank statement balance show CAD 30,000 is it sufficient for paper application?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
@Omofar
The tuition fees for masters program at Windsor University is CAD 9, 375 for one term. The program duration is 4 terms in 16 months. Please if my bank statement balance show CAD 30,000 is it sufficient for paper application?
You need to show proof at least you can pay:have paid one year tuition fre plus $10,000 living expenses for one applicant without accompanying family members.