+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gooday@Omofar.
Please I need your assistance on my refusal letter. My application was refused early this year for a Canadian study permit in the basis if this 4 reasons:
- I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all the questions asked of you
- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay Based on the purpose of visit.
-I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on your personal assets and financial status
- Your proposed study is not reasonable In light of one or more: your qualifications, previous studies, level of establishment, language ability and or your future prospects and plans.
Please I need help to know how I can respond to each of their concerns. Also I gained admission to Memorial University in Newfoundland to study Computer science. I was denied for the winter semester but I plan to reapply before the start of next month so that I can meet up with the spring semester which begins early . I need your assistance urgently as this month is al going by fast. Thank you.
Hi Afrank,

I am sorry to hear about this refusal. The VO has made a lot of allegations against you based on your application. I doubt there is much I can do to overturn the decisions.

I will recommend to look through my previous posts where I explain how to properly assess yourself whether you can meet or exceed the minimum eligibility requirements to get a study permit approval. Once you have done that, then you can carefully address all the issues raised by the VO when re-applying.

All the best.

Omofar

Steph16m

Apr 9, 2021
Hi everyone, thank you for all u do here.
I submitted my SP application since the 29th of Dec, 2020 but the only update I ever got was for upfront medical test to passed on December 31st and submission confirmation on February 4th. Nothing else not even NSE request (even though I chose normal route). I have been sending webforms and email since March but all I get is the generic reply, should I be worried?
Have patience, I applied since 13th of march 2020 and did my medical on the 20th of September and didn't even receive a submission confirmation but I'm still patient. Delay is not deny yunno.

Afrank

Mar 25, 2021
Hi Afrank,

I am sorry to hear about this refusal. The VO has made a lot of allegations against you based on your application. I doubt there is much I can do to overturn the decisions.

I will recommend to look through my previous posts where I explain how to properly assess yourself whether you can meet or exceed the minimum eligibility requirements to get a study permit approval. Once you have done that, then you can carefully address all the issues raised by the VO when re-applying.

All the best.

Omofar
Thank you very much for your reply and I appreciate your sincerity. I have read through your previous replies based on the issues raised by the VO and I'm also doing my own comprehensive reseach on how I can tackle those issue. But based on your experience and knowledge I truly believe there has to be a bit of advice you can render that would assist me in making my next application strong enough to get a visa. You've said it yourself nothing is impossible with these VO's so please I need just a tip or something that would help me tackle any or all of the 4 issues raised. Thank you for your assistance again.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much for your reply and I appreciate your sincerity. I have read through your previous replies based on the issues raised by the VO and I'm also doing my own comprehensive reseach on how I can tackle those issue. But based on your experience and knowledge I truly believe there has to be a bit of advice you can render that would assist me in making my next application strong enough to get a visa. You've said it yourself nothing is impossible with these VO's so please I need just a tip or something that would help me tackle any or all of the 4 issues raised. Thank you for your assistance again.
Hello Afrank,

I hope well.

My interpretation of the VO's response to your application indicates that your application was not properly put together, and as such not meeting the minimum eligibility requirements.

The VO questions whether you truthfully answered all the questions pertaining to your applications, I have said in my previous comments that if you make a claim in your application, you must back it up with verifiable documentary evidence. This alone would flag your future applications and it will be treated with the bias of someone who may be untruthful.

Furthermore, your application failed on the most fundamental indices of any application which include Purpose of visit, Financial capacity, and intention to return to one's on country at the completion of your program. In honesty, the application was not done properly.

You will need to go back to the drawing table, again evaluate yourself truthfully whether you can really meet the eligibility requirements, otherwise you will just be wasting your time re-applying again.

I wish you all the best.

Omofar.

Afrank

Mar 25, 2021
Hello Afrank,

I hope well.

My interpretation of the VO's response to your application indicates that your application was not properly put together, and as such not meeting the minimum eligibility requirements.

The VO questions whether you truthfully answered all the questions pertaining to your applications, I have said in my previous comments that if you make a claim in your application, you must back it up with verifiable documentary evidence. This alone would flag your future applications and it will be treated with the bias of someone who may be untruthful.

Furthermore, your application failed on the most fundamental indices of any application which include Purpose of visit, Financial capacity, and intention to return to one's on country at the completion of your program. In honesty, the application was not done properly.

You will need to go back to the drawing table, again evaluate yourself truthfully whether you can really meet the eligibility requirements, otherwise you will just be wasting your time re-applying again.

I wish you all the best.

Omofar.7
Thank you very much for your assistance. I really appreciate your in-depth analysis on this issue. Unfortunately, the individual that handled my application did a very bad job and as such resulted to the VO's review but I assure you this was more a bad application than my lack of the required to study in Canada . Thanks to you I have a clear idea on what to do and with better preparation and God's intervention I certainly believe my case can be turned around. Thanks again for the help. God bless you at Omofar!

Reactions: Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much for your assistance. I really appreciate your in-depth analysis on this issue. Unfortunately, the individual that handled my application did a very bad job and as such resulted to the VO's review but I assure you this was more a bad application than my lack of the required to study in Canada . Thanks to you I have a clear idea on what to do and with better preparation and God's intervention I certainly believe my case can be turned around. Thanks again for the help. God bless you at Omofar!
Hello Afrank,

Amen to your prayers.

It is my pleasure that I am able to assist in some way.

Please read up on my self-evaluation posts again.

1. Your purpose must be clear.

2. Financial capacity must also be clear,
use the mybankstatement platforms.

3. Demonstrate intention to return, it has to be compelling.

4. Write a rebuttal and address the previous issues raised by the VO.

5. Pray and hope for the best.

Cheers.

Omofar.

lawdam95

Apr 18, 2021
Hello Omofar,

I have virtually gone through all your posts, comments, and professional advice, you're indeed a blessing to aspiring Canadian immigrants.

In my own case, I recently gained admission to UWindsor with a condition that I have to pay $4000 as part of my tuition within 21 days. On my part, I have no sponsor, no reasonable financial savings, so I decided to opt-in for a student loan. I requested to get a loan that covers my tuition, living expenses, and other expenses, the loan company also promises a Visa support letter. Now my question is that, coupled with the fact that I have no personal funding nor sponsor just the student loan, what are my chances of getting the study permit.

I will be patiently waiting for your response and advice

Thank

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Omofar,

I have virtually gone through all your posts, comments, and professional advice, you're indeed a blessing to aspiring Canadian immigrants.

In my own case, I recently gained admission to UWindsor with a condition that I have to pay $4000 as part of my tuition within 21 days. On my part, I have no sponsor, no reasonable financial savings, so I decided to opt-in for a student loan. I requested to get a loan that covers my tuition, living expenses, and other expenses, the loan company also promises a Visa support letter. Now my question is that, coupled with the fact that I have no personal funding nor sponsor just the student loan, what are my chances of getting the study permit.

I will be patiently waiting for your response and advice

Thank
Hello Lawdam95,

Thank you for visiting this thread, and for your kind words.

There is someone on this plat who via the route of loan and he got his study permit approved. I think the loan company is well known by the embassy for assisting students. I am not sure how it works. However, if it's a reputable loan company recognized by the embassy, then you should be fine.

I wish you all the best.

Omofar

lawdam95

Apr 18, 2021
Thanks, Omofar,

I really appreciate, If I have any other question as regards my application, I will seek your professionalism.

c63

Apr 21, 2021
Good evening Omofar,

Rest assured we can't thank you enough for the service youve provided. God bless

I was wondering, are you aware of any other reason apart from covid for the massive delay in visa processing? I applied in August 2020, january 2021 they told me I passed the medical exam but that was where the communication ended.

I'm not too sure what's wrong? i haven't even been called for any interview or something similar. i'm a 19 year old engineering student at UAlberta and omo online school is frankly speaking disgusting. grades have taken a massive hit I don't know if i can do another year online because ill fail

Reactions: Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please what is the name of the loan company?
I am sorry I do not remember. They also do not load for all courses, it has to be an MBA at specific universities in Canada, that they are sure that upon graduation you will get the kind of job that will ensure you are able to pay back.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good evening Omofar,

Rest assured we can't thank you enough for the service youve provided. God bless

I was wondering, are you aware of any other reason apart from covid for the massive delay in visa processing? I applied in August 2020, january 2021 they told me I passed the medical exam but that was where the communication ended.

I'm not too sure what's wrong? i haven't even been called for any interview or something similar. i'm a 19 year old engineering student at UAlberta and omo online school is frankly speaking disgusting. grades have taken a massive hit I don't know if i can do another year online because ill fail
I honestly do not know, I have said that there are many variables when it comes to study permit timelines. eg location where you application was sent, the volume of worklist the VO attending to your issue has, ease or difficulty of verifying your documents, etc. I applied for a client in November 2020, she is due to travel in a few days to Canada. She got her permit in April. So it varies widely. As for online learning, I feel you. time difference, naija internet, inability to ask questions, no real interaction, will definitely affect your grades.

All I can say is hope for the best while waiting.

Cheers

Omofar

Lyzdz

Apr 21, 2021
I submitted my application on the 17th of February. Did my biometrics that February but up till today, it's saying that they are yet to review my eligibility. I didn't do upfront medicals actually. What could be wrong? And what is the meaning of BVL?

Bts

Mar 18, 2021
Good day Omofar

What do you think about getting a deed of gift from your sponsor+LOE when mybankstatement is requested and you’re unable to provide it (as Firstbank is not listed as part of the banks offering that service)??
Thank you

Reactions: Busbus