+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Omafor, I applied for a study permit for the second time this year. Just few days after I submitted, my eligibility review started. Is it a good sign for eligiblity review to start before medical request?

PS: I got a refusal on February 18 and reapplied on March 01. I am from Cameroon.
Helo Helga,

Your medical examination is part of the eligibility review process. So this is normal and you should not read any meaning into wait. Wait for a medical request, once you get that, then you know you are on track to getting an approval.

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: Helga Che

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys
I applied for my study permit December 2019, covid19 came in and my study permit application stop processing
And February 9 2021 I got medical request
I did my medicals exam 16 of February 2021
They sent my result to the immigration 23 of February 2021
My medical got passed 26 of February 2021
And till now am still waiting for their response since then for bvl and ppr
Hello,

I think you are on the right track already. You just need to wait for them to request for your passport. The Canadian embassy is very slow. Based on my observation, applications are treated based on a cueing system. Every time the embassy makes a request and you respond to that request, your application goes back to the cue, it is not attended to based on your former position on the cue. So until the visa officer gets back to your own application, you will have to wait on that cue again. That is why I suggest to everyone that if there is anything you need to submit to the visa officer at the beginning of your application please do so.

So just exercise a little patience.

All the best.

Omofar

Uche joseph

Sep 4, 2020
Hello,

I think you are on the right track already. You just need to wait for them to request for your passport. The Canadian embassy is very slow. Based on my observation, applications are treated based on a cueing system. Every time the embassy makes a request and you respond to that request, your application goes back to the cue, it is not attended to based on your former position on the cue. So until the visa officer gets back to your own application, you will have to wait on that cue again. That is why I suggest to everyone that if there is anything you need to submit to the visa officer at the beginning of your application please do so.

So just exercise a little patience.

All the best.

Omofar
Okay sir but I waited for a year to get the medical request

Helga Che

Aug 27, 2019
Helo Helga,

Your medical examination is part of the eligibility review process. So this is normal and you should not read any meaning into wait. Wait for a medical request, once you get that, then you know you are on track to getting an approval.

All the best.

Omofar
Thanks for your reply

O'Neo

Mar 14, 2021
Good evening sir, i have been accepted to DLI and i want to apply for my study permit my sister want sponse me, she has a very big private school here in abuja so we are using the school account and she is also writing that i'm under the scholarship proof of fund and all other letter will not be any problem but my problem is Pay slip will it be neccesary for me to provide that as she has stated that i have been working with the school for couple of year (Though i have never work with her before but she truly want to sponse my studies) so i don't have any pay slip with them won't i have any problem if i did not provide it . Thank you.

Oyioche1

Jan 6, 2021
Good afternoon Omofar and other members here. Recall that I posted here on the 6th of January my study permit denial to study a diploma course. I requested for the GCMS note as advised here and I got it today. The reason given by the visa officer was that my previous degree is higher than my proposed program. Now, I have another admission for a one-year graduate certificate program from Centennial College. Do you advise that apply for study permit for this course, can I get a study permit approved for this? I will appreciate your advice. I am running out of time to pay for tuition deposit and obtain letters for immigration purpose, I got the admission since February. The admission for September this year.

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Good afternoon Omofar and other members here. Recall that I posted here on the 6th of January my study permit denial to study a diploma course. I requested for the GCMS note as advised here and I got it today. The reason given by the visa officer was that my previous degree is higher than my proposed program. Now, I have another admission for a one-year graduate certificate program from Centennial College. Do you advise that apply for study permit for this course, can I get a study permit approved for this? I will appreciate your advice. I am running out of time to pay for tuition deposit and obtain letters for immigration purpose, I got the admission since February. The admission for September this year.
Is the new course you got offer letter same as the old one that was refused but of higher degree? I believe if its the same course but of a higher degree, then you're good to go, but if the course you applied for and got an offer letter is different from the previously refused and different from your past degree and experience, then VO might think you're just looking for an avenue to come to Canada as you don't know the course you want to study. So. please kindly share your education timeline and course on which visa was refused and experience to help for proper guidance. All the best

Oyioche1

Jan 6, 2021
Is the new course you got offer letter same as the old one that was refused but of higher degree? I believe if its the same course but of a higher degree, then you're good to go, but if the course you applied for and got an offer letter is different from the previously refused and different from your past degree and experience, then VO might think you're just looking for an avenue to come to Canada as you don't know the course you want to study. So. please kindly share your education timeline and course on which visa was refused and experience to help for proper guidance. All the best
I am an accounting graduate, I got admission for a 2-year diploma course in finance the first time and my study permit application was denied. Now, I got another admission for a graduate certificate in strategic management accounting at centennial college. The course duration is one year (2 semesters).
Do you think that this can be approved, has anyone got study permit for a graduate certificate program in this forum before?

Regards,

Oyioche1

Jan 6, 2021
I am an accounting graduate, I got admission for a 2-year diploma course in finance the first time and my study permit application was denied. Now, I got another admission for a graduate certificate in strategic management accounting at centennial college. The course duration is one year (2 semesters).
Do you think that this can be approved, has anyone got study permit for a graduate certificate program in this forum before?

Regards,
No one got any response to my enquiries?

Bts

Mar 18, 2021
Good day. I’m 20 years old with a 3+ years study gap after high school. I took up employment at my father’s company after highschool(I have a reference letter from the company). Later I delved into freelance IT jobs; software testing(I have payslips for about 12 months). I’d like to know if this is sufficient to cover for my gap? Also I have a sibling who’s a permanent resident of Canada, living in the same province where I got admission(to study IT); does this affect/help my application??
P.s My tuition is $15k and I have bank statement of my dad showing about $45k. I’ll also be paying my full tuition before application...