+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are a strong applicant and besides, you already got an AIP and MER. Just relax and wait for your PPR. Funded applicants seldom get refused at the PhD level, except if something else is wrong with their documents.
Funded applicants do get refused bro, I know. Even before all they started all these their craziness, but we hope for the best in his case.

Cheers.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Day Omofar, please what is the possibility of getting post graduate admission in Canada universities as well as Study Visa from Canadian embassy for a 42 year old man that finished his Bachelor's degree with grade of 2:2 in the year 2006? I have 13 years of work experience and I can sponsor myself.
Hello,

Your age is a gross disadvantage, but have applied for people over 40 and 50 earlier in the year before COVID-19 and they got their visas, though they were initially refused.

So give it a go and hope for the best.

Cheers.

Omofar

moregist

Jun 16, 2017
Hello,

Your age is a gross disadvantage, but have applied for people over 40 and 50 earlier in the year before COVID-19 and they got their visas, though they were initially refused.

So give it a go and hope for the best.

Cheers.

Omofar
@Omofar
Thank you very much for this encouraging response, please can you assist in getting the admission and visa process, you can chat me up on 08175533491, thank you once again.

Oct 5, 2020
@Omofar Hi!

I applied for my daughter's student visa and received a refusal letter yesterday. Reasons for refusal
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
Please see her profile below:

Submitted application: 24 July 2020
Review of eligibility started: 31 July 2020
Biometrics: 15 September 2020
Refusal Correspondence Letter: 5 October 2020

She is 16 years old turning 17 in January 2020. She has her admission letter to International College Manitoba UTP2 programme. School fees is CAD20K, of which a deposit of CAD11K+ has been paid. Letters from school was attached, she just completed her WAEC and awaiting the result. Sponsorship letter, letter of explanation, bank statements, letter ffrom employer, letter of incorporation for my consulting business and custodian form were attached to the applications.
Prove of funds USD$16K, 6million plus in naira, stocks in 2.5millions. I have a good job and I am paid in naira and forext.

I am recently divorced but responsible for the payment of her fees. I have had 2 Canadian visas the most recent expired in 17 September 2020. My visa renewal received a refusal response. The reason is
  • • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
Please how would you advise me to proceed with the visa re-applications? Many thanks!

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Omofar Hi!

I applied for my daughter's student visa and received a refusal letter yesterday. Reasons for refusal
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
Please see her profile below:

Submitted application: 24 July 2020
Review of eligibility started: 31 July 2020
Biometrics: 15 September 2020
Refusal Correspondence Letter: 5 October 2020

She is 16 years old turning 17 in January 2020. She has her admission letter to International College Manitoba UTP2 programme. School fees is CAD20K, of which a deposit of CAD11K+ has been paid. Letters from school was attached, she just completed her WAEC and awaiting the result. Sponsorship letter, letter of explanation, bank statements, letter ffrom employer, letter of incorporation for my consulting business and custodian form were attached to the applications.
Prove of funds USD$16K, 6million plus in naira, stocks in 2.5millions. I have a good job and I am paid in naira and forext.

I am recently divorced but responsible for the payment of her fees. I have had 2 Canadian visas the most recent expired in 17 September 2020. My visa renewal received a refusal response. The reason is
  • • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
Please how would you advise me to proceed with the visa re-applications? Many thanks!
Hi Vibrant smiles,

Thank you for visiting this thread.

My sincere advice for is you to send your daughter elsewhere, you should not have to beg Canada to accept her into their country with all the money you have. Send her to the UK, Denmark, Norway or Swedeen. Wish you the best.

Omofar

Reactions: Bond 007
Oct 5, 2020
Hi Vibrant smiles,

Thank you for visiting this thread.

My sincere advice for is you to send your daughter elsewhere, you should not have to beg Canada to accept her into their country with all the money you have. Send her to the UK, Denmark, Norway or Swedeen. Wish you the best.

Omofar
@Omofar Thank you very much. Best wishes always!

Reactions: Omofar

Infinitytemmy

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
Hello Rayusuf,

Your assessment of the current scenario is on point! That is why I cautioned people to take it easy, and let's see what the Canadian immigration truly have in mind. All that talk about AIPs is just talk for now. The Nairobi office is probably empty. The IRCC appears to be overwhelmed with applications and don't really know what they are doing anymore. I am not 100% certain that getting an AIP guarantees study permit approval. They just want the funds from international students.

So for now, all we can do is try to be patience and see where this entire process leads us.

All the best.

Omofar
what is AIP ? please

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
what is AIP ? please
Approval-in-Principle. It's an exceptional and temporary process that ended in 15th of September to speed up the study permit processing time for fall 2020 applicants. If you apply now, you will go through the normal study permit procedure and you will be directly issued a decision.

Reactions: Infinitytemmy

Infinitytemmy

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
Approval-in-Principle. It's an exceptional and temporary process that ended in 15th of September to speed up the study permit processing time for fall 2020 applicants. If you apply now, you will go through the normal study permit procedure and you will be directly issued a decision.
THANKS FOR THE CLARIFICATION

Reactions: Tete

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Hello guys its been a while i last posted on this thread, i have taken my time to read all the posts earlier about visa rejections for specifically Nigerians and i could not find a single success story which show forth a very bad reputation for a country in need of immigrants , and i sympathize with those who have been rejected after all planning, efforts and commitment towards it.......i myself wanted to reapply cause i was denied last year but after watching you-tube videos of how applications were being refused at an alarming rate i decided to take a break and see how it goes some say its due to the high amount of pending applications but my question here to the admin is this, although our system of government in Nigeria is not rosy at the moment and i know all would be fine, but dont we have for instance minister of tourism or ambassadors that could intercede us cause am always bewildered whenever i hear a specific reason for rejection from ircc a country we look up to not actually being partial in decisions taking regarding applicants.....if it be the case let us know if not to waste our precious money and invest it into other countries........cause this canadian visa rejection can lead to depression oooo i knew how many days it took me to recover from a visa denial.............

Reactions: Bond 007