Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
Hello Tete,

Thanks for the info. I am aware of everything you said and it still does not make any sense to me that the IRCC holds such a ridiculously contradictory position. I have addressed such issues already on this thread.

1. It is discriminatory and racists to use the actions of others to judge someone else. That is the very definition of stereotypical bias.

2. If Canada does not want international students becoming permanent residents, then why put a route/policy in place that allows international student legally transition into settled immigrants? Furthermore, why is Canada shouting everyday that they want more and more immigrants to help Canada grow, but keep refusing international students application arbitrarily?‍

3. Again, no one is idiotic enough to state in their application explicitly their dual intentions, I have never seen such a person. So if the IRCC has set the requirements for meeting a study permit approval and the applicant meets or exceeds it, then that should be the only consideration. How do they evaluate an abstract thing such as intention to settle or return, have they become mind readers?‍

4. They should assess all international students based on the logic and facts presented in their application, not on whimsical, abstract or stereotypical biases associated with such applicant's background of origin.

5. If they no longer want international applicants, or if their economy can no longer handle the mass inflow of immigrants (which is more likely to be the case in my own opinion) they should let applicants know so they stop applying, and not trying to get people's hard earned money and ask them to stay back in their countries and study online..

Cheers

Omofar
Thank you for your input. I agree with every point you made. Their partiality is very clear and yes, many have been fooled by Canada's call for immigrants and found out the bitter truth when they applied. But it's ultimately their country, not ours, and like they say: "Entry to Canada is a privilege, not a right" and we cannot really control their policies or their decisions. The best we can do is bring this reality into spotlight so that no more people would fall into the "Canadian dream" trap.

Reactions: Goathead and Omofar

Iffymine12

Feb 5, 2020
Good evening everyone, I am a prospective student who wishes to study in Canada, I have been offered an admission into a school in BC And I have paid my tuition deposit. I wish to go along with my daughter and my husband, we have a running company here that’s worth 20m, I also have a backup reference letter from the commissioner of tourism in my state as I had a first class in tourism and events management. Please how do I go about this application and what are the vital documents that I need? I’d be glad if anybody is willing to put me through thanks

Zoe44

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hello omefar and other gurus in the house. Please i need your contribution towards my Visa application which was refused in August 2020. I intend to reapply this October. My application was refused from Ho chin min secondary office/ primary office Nairobi and the refusal reasons from my gcms note was ;

Applicant is a 27year old single Nigerian. Applicant is employed as asst project manager. Applicant holds a bsc. In technical education. Applicant is applying to study project management in Centennial College in Toronto.
I have considered the information provided by the applicant, given applicant previous education/employment history and the high cost of studies in Canada, this doesn't appear to be a logical progression of study/career. Given the economic motive to remain in Canada, the applicant incentive to remain in Canada may outweigh there ties to their home country. Weighing the factors in the application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for there stay. Application refused: ties, purpose.

Firstly, The visa officer referred to the post graduate certificate program as Diploma. I also choosed College certificate on the imm1293 form.
Documents attached was;

1. The imm forms ( on my family form i stated my dad and mum was dead. We are six in the family aside my dad and mum. One is dead, 3 abroad(2 US citizens and the other in dubai) and 2 in Nigeria (me and my elder sister).

2. My sister (US CITIZEN) as my sponsor with over $52k as bank statement balance with her drivers license and letter stating she will support me with CAD 42k yearly ( my tuition fee is CAD25k).

3. My study leave letter from the company i worked, payslip was not attached because of Irregularities in payment and most time from my boss account (who is our family friend)

4. My certificates (NYSC and BSC)
5. Police clearance certificate.
6. Letter of explanation, clearly stating that my intention for the study was to advance in my career and gain knowledge/promotion in the office as i read technical education in school and now doing project management.

I want to re-apply with exact documents/details(am now 28yrs) and adding few documents to it ;
1. New Bank statement, new sponsorship letter.
2. Letter of recommendation from my chief
3. Letter of recommendation from my HOD in school and Certificate of Service (recommendation) as a trainee engineer from my PPA during service
4. Affidavit from court stating i will return back home upon completion of studies or expiration of status in Canada.
5. My Landed property( worth #3.5m.exactly when i graduated. Dad bought in my name documents where concluded after his death 4months after.)( is it important i explain my dad bought me the land before his demise or i should just present it, because that was my final year in school and my birth month the documents where concluded).
6. My dad landed property(with C of O and land survey plan but no exact cost of it as it was bought in the 1990s).
7. My Dad company (C.A.C.) document showing am a director on the article of association as the second highest shareholder and also affidavit of resolution of board of directors after his death in court stating me as acting chairman done in 2017.( note other documents are original but i can only find the photocopy of the memorandum of association and hope i can present it without tax clearance).

Can this new documents help my application to address the concerns(refusal reasons) of the VO, please advise and if i should remove a document so as not to confuse the VO or complicate my SP.

From my cousin. #help.

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Hello omefar and other gurus in the house. Please i need your contribution towards my Visa application which was refused in August 2020. I intend to reapply this October. My application was refused from Ho chin min secondary office/ primary office Nairobi and the refusal reasons from my gcms note was ;

Applicant is a 27year old single Nigerian. Applicant is employed as asst project manager. Applicant holds a bsc. In technical education. Applicant is applying to study project management in Centennial College in Toronto.
I have considered the information provided by the applicant, given applicant previous education/employment history and the high cost of studies in Canada, this doesn't appear to be a logical progression of study/career. Given the economic motive to remain in Canada, the applicant incentive to remain in Canada may outweigh there ties to their home country. Weighing the factors in the application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for there stay. Application refused: ties, purpose.

Firstly, The visa officer referred to the post graduate certificate program as Diploma. I also choosed College certificate on the imm1293 form.
Documents attached was;

1. The imm forms ( on my family form i stated my dad and mum was dead. We are six in the family aside my dad and mum. One is dead, 3 abroad(2 US citizens and the other in dubai) and 2 in Nigeria (me and my elder sister).

2. My sister (US CITIZEN) as my sponsor with over $52k as bank statement balance with her drivers license and letter stating she will support me with CAD 42k yearly ( my tuition fee is CAD25k).

3. My study leave letter from the company i worked, payslip was not attached because of Irregularities in payment and most time from my boss account (who is our family friend)

6. Letter of explanation, clearly stating that my intention for the study was to advance in my career and gain knowledge/promotion in the office as i read technical education in school and now doing project management.

I want to re-apply with exact documents/details(am now 28yrs) and adding few documents to it ;
3. Letter of recommendation from my HOD in school and Certificate of Service (recommendation) as a trainee engineer from my PPA during service
4. Affidavit from court stating i will return back home upon completion of studies or expiration of status in Canada.
5. My Landed property( worth #3.5m.exactly when i graduated. Dad bought in my name documents where concluded after his death 4months after.)( is it important i explain my dad bought me the land before his demise or i should just present it, because that was my final year in school and my birth month the documents where concluded).
6. My dad landed property(with C of O and land survey plan but no exact cost of it as it was bought in the 1990s).
7. My Dad company (C.A.C.) document showing am a director on the article of association as the second highest shareholder and also affidavit of resolution of board of directors after his death in court stating me as acting chairman done in 2017.( note other documents are original but i can only find the photocopy of the memorandum of association and hope i can present it without tax clearance).

Can this new documents help my application to address the concerns(refusal reasons) of the VO, please advise and if i should remove a document so as not to confuse the VO or complicate my SP.

From my cousin. #help.
Hello Zoe44,

First you have bachelor's in education, so why not go for Masters in Education. Then back to our questions

1) bank statement of yours is ok so long as it shows enough fund 1year tuition+CAD10,000+Air fare money+subsequent year(s) tuition if more than a year course.

2) What does a chief( maybe from community) recommendation got to to with home ties if that's what you're trying to proof?

3) I believe all these referees or recommendation are what you submit when applying to a school and not for visa. Of what impact is your HOD reference in visa application. This still doesn't depict home ties at all.

4) I haven't heard where court mandated someone to return back to his other country after studies in another country unless they are sponsors of such education, that's then when they have the right to seek your return to the country. So please for me, this looks awkward.

5) Good. This can serve as home ties. All you need is get a registered quantity surveyor to evaluate it and stamp on the evaluation.

6) Again, so long as the documents are in your name, evaluate it b a quantity surveyor. You don't need to explain your dad brought it for you before he died( to my own opinion though).

7) yes you can present that as home ties that when you're done with school, you will come back to manage the business. Then I you're still going for project management, use it to explain as the reason for change of course as you're to take charge of your father's business upon completion of chosen course.

That's my own thoughts though. Let expert's highlight more. All the best zoe44

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Documents attached was;

From my cousin. #help.
Hi Zoe,

Let's look at the information you presented to the embassy and break it down for you. At the end of my analysis, you may not be happy, but I am only hear for the truth, so let's dig in.

1. Moving from technical education (I assume something along engineering field) to project management is not bad at all. As a matter of facts most engineers need to learn how to project manage, so they can meet up with their clients timelines and also be professional at their work. Here the VO is just talking nonsense and as expected not really wanting to issue the visa. Besides people can decide to change their career path from there academic background, the fact that you already have work experience as an assistant project manager should inform the mumu VO that you intend to further your career path.

2. Depending on your years of experience and when you graduated from University or Polytechnic, I think that your age is appropriate and is an added advantage to you. So again the mumu VO is talking nonsense here.

3. Your major problems are two Family ties and Funding, so let's continue to break it down.

4. Family Ties- With both of your parents being deceased, and most of your siblings already our of the country, you being a single person is a big red flag. It is clear to the VO that you have no family ties to the country and will likely not come back. The VO is correct in this assessment. What should you have done in this case. You should not have mentioned your siblings in your family info form or with held the info, or put their addresses in Nigeria rather than overseas.

5. Source of Funding:- The fact that at 27 you cannot sponsor your own education will be seen as a problem for the VO. To add salt upon injury your source of funding is coming from your siblings who are not in the country. It also means there are no guarantees that they would be committed to sponsoring your education. You should have asked them to send the monies into your Nigerian account in my own opinion rather than in their own accounts whether in Nigeria or overseas. You did not state whether you had paid any fees towards your tuition, if you did not, you should have paid for at least a semester or the whole 1st year.

6. Even if you did not add your pay slips, payment should have reflected in your personal account, now how much is being paid is another matter. If you are earning less than N350-500k a month, that is meagre to the VO. It shows you don't have much economic value. What I mean is that how much you currently earn is an indication of how much you could possibly earn when you return to Nigeria.

7. All those other letters you included mean nothing. Perhaps maybe the study leave letter from your office.

8. Landed property means nothing as well, in Nigeria's current economy how easy is it to dispose of a landed property.

9. Showing yourself as CEO or director of your late father's company and you still not being able to sponsor yourself suggests that the company is not profitable and so it still means nothing.

Based on the foregoing, my sincere advise to you is not to re-apply. Look elsewhere.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar

Oladiplenty

Oct 2, 2020
@Omofar Hello its my pleasure to be part of this thread,have read a lot of your feedback regarding the study permit for Nigerians,i want to as about my chance of getting approval.

I put it my application on the 7th of July 2020, These are document and what i included in my application.

1. Bank statement showing 40million from my uncle with court affidavit stating he is my sponsor,assisted with letter of explanation and proof of how funds is been generated.
2.Admission letter from University of Manitoba as a DLI school.
3.other documentations are: gifted land property with an affidavit oath from the court,my mum supporting letter of explanation for my purpose of going to canada and with a prove of own a primary and secondary school showing Certificate of incorporation,and stating that i will be coming back to take over the family business of which she would want to retire as the proprietor,she explained the capacity of the school by including the number of teachers she employed and so on.
4.looking at my travel history,i studied Accounting in university of Ghana for my Bsc.
5.i filled on my application online that i traveled to cotonou and Ghana with the years respectively,also filled that i have 2 siblings in nigeria and address and their birthday age,just all family informations included.
6. My SoP goes this way, I wrote that i have first degree in Ghana,as i submitted my school documents,certificate and transcripts. I further explained my purpose of going for another degree,my educational backgroud,why i choose canada,what program i am going for ,which is MIS degree,why i not study in Nigeria,why study in university of Manitoba,benefit offered from the program and how it will help my career, i also made the VO understand that computer has been something i love making use,that in my holiday period i do give computer lessons tutorial in my mother's school and i have worked from 2018 to 2019 as sales executive for a company showing my work ID.And this was what i wrote about my future plan(Future Plans: After completion of Business Degree from Canada, I will have many options in my home country as I will have strong technical skills along with leadership and management skills which will also lead to better business, job opportunities and international experiences such as strong cross-cultural communications and familiarity with international standards, laws, and regulations. I have completed my first degree outside my home country and i came back for the national service in my country. Although i have futuristic appointment to take over the family business as the Proprietor/School manager from my mother after my studies in Canada. I also have a property as a gift. On completion of this Degree, Education received from this country will surely change my fortune and will assist me to attain my goals. I humbly request the visa officer to grant me visa to explore new options in life. It will surely be a life changing decision of my life.

Please let me know your view about my application and rate my application on the ratio 1 to 10,thanks.

Zoe44

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hello Zoe44,

First you have bachelor's in education, so why not go for Masters in Education. Then back to our questions

1) bank statement of yours is ok so long as it shows enough fund 1year tuition+CAD10,000+Air fare money+subsequent year(s) tuition if more than a year course.

2) What does a chief( maybe from community) recommendation got to to with home ties if that's what you're trying to proof?

3) I believe all these referees or recommendation are what you submit when applying to a school and not for visa. Of what impact is your HOD reference in visa application. This still doesn't depict home ties at all.

4) I haven't heard where court mandated someone to return back to his other country after studies in another country unless they are sponsors of such education, that's then when they have the right to seek your return to the country. So please for me, this looks awkward.

5) Good. This can serve as home ties. All you need is get a registered quantity surveyor to evaluate it and stamp on the evaluation.

6) Again, so long as the documents are in your name, evaluate it b a quantity surveyor. You don't need to explain your dad brought it for you before he died( to my own opinion though).

7) yes you can present that as home ties that when you're done with school, you will come back to manage the business. Then I you're still going for project management, use it to explain as the reason for change of course as you're to take charge of your father's business upon completion of chosen course.

That's my own thoughts though. Let expert's highlight more. All the best zoe44
Thank you very much. I do appreciate your input it's very educative and point directly to areas i had concerns

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Omofar Hello its my pleasure to be part of this thread,have read a lot of your feedback regarding the study permit for Nigerians,i want to as about my chance of getting approval.

I put it my application on the 7th of July 2020, These are document and what i included in my application.

1. Bank statement showing 40million from my uncle with court affidavit stating he is my sponsor,assisted with letter of explanation and proof of how funds is been generated.
2.Admission letter from University of Manitoba as a DLI school.
3.other documentations are: gifted land property with an affidavit oath from the court,my mum supporting letter of explanation for my purpose of going to canada and with a prove of own a primary and secondary school showing Certificate of incorporation,and stating that i will be coming back to take over the family business of which she would want to retire as the proprietor,she explained the capacity of the school by including the number of teachers she employed and so on.
4.looking at my travel history,i studied Accounting in university of Ghana for my Bsc.
5.i filled on my application online that i traveled to cotonou and Ghana with the years respectively,also filled that i have 2 siblings in nigeria and address and their birthday age,just all family informations included.
6. My SoP goes this way, I wrote that i have first degree in Ghana,as i submitted my school documents,certificate and transcripts. I further explained my purpose of going for another degree,my educational backgroud,why i choose canada,what program i am going for ,which is MIS degree,why i not study in Nigeria,why study in university of Manitoba,benefit offered from the program and how it will help my career, i also made the VO understand that computer has been something i love making use,that in my holiday period i do give computer lessons tutorial in my mother's school and i have worked from 2018 to 2019 as sales executive for a company showing my work ID.And this was what i wrote about my future plan(Future Plans: After completion of Business Degree from Canada, I will have many options in my home country as I will have strong technical skills along with leadership and management skills which will also lead to better business, job opportunities and international experiences such as strong cross-cultural communications and familiarity with international standards, laws, and regulations. I have completed my first degree outside my home country and i came back for the national service in my country. Although i have futuristic appointment to take over the family business as the Proprietor/School manager from my mother after my studies in Canada. I also have a property as a gift. On completion of this Degree, Education received from this country will surely change my fortune and will assist me to attain my goals. I humbly request the visa officer to grant me visa to explore new options in life. It will surely be a life changing decision of my life.

Please let me know your view about my application and rate my application on the ratio 1 to 10,thanks.
Hello Oladiplenty,

I hope well and thanks for visiting this thread. I am afraid I am unable to give any assessment on your chances of approval, everything has changed and the IRCC is not following regular guidelines when it comes to study permit applications.

All I can say is I wish you the very best, but until your decision comes back, no one can accurately assess your chances of approval.

Omofar

Zoe44

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hi Zoe,

Let's look at the information you presented to the embassy and break it down for you. At the end of my analysis, you may not be happy, but I am only hear for the truth, so let's dig in.

1. Moving from technical education (I assume something along engineering field) to project management is not bad at all. As a matter of facts most engineers need to learn how to project manage, so they can meet up with their clients timelines and also be professional at their work. Here the VO is just talking nonsense and as expected not really wanting to issue the visa. Besides people can decide to change their career path from there academic background, the fact that you already have work experience as an assistant project manager should inform the mumu VO that you intend to further your career path.

2. Depending on your years of experience and when you graduated from University or Polytechnic, I think that your age is appropriate and is an added advantage to you. So again the mumu VO is talking nonsense here.

3. Your major problems are two Family ties and Funding, so let's continue to break it down.

4. Family Ties- With both of your parents being deceased, and most of your siblings already our of the country, you being a single person is a big red flag. It is clear to the VO that you have no family ties to the country and will likely not come back. The VO is correct in this assessment. What should you have done in this case. You should not have mentioned your siblings in your family info form or with held the info, or put their addresses in Nigeria rather than overseas.

5. Source of Funding:- The fact that at 27 you cannot sponsor your own education will be seen as a problem for the VO. To add salt upon injury your source of funding is coming from your siblings who are not in the country. It also means there are no guarantees that they would be committed to sponsoring your education. You should have asked them to send the monies into your Nigerian account in my own opinion rather than in their own accounts whether in Nigeria or overseas. You did not state whether you had paid any fees towards your tuition, if you did not, you should have paid for at least a semester or the whole 1st year.

6. Even if you did not add your pay slips, payment should have reflected in your personal account, now how much is being paid is another matter. If you are earning less than N350-500k a month, that is meagre to the VO. It shows you don't have much economic value. What I mean is that how much you currently earn is an indication of how much you could possibly earn when you return to Nigeria.

7. All those other letters you included mean nothing. Perhaps maybe the study leave letter from your office.

8. Landed property means nothing as well, in Nigeria's current economy how easy is it to dispose of a landed property.

9. Showing yourself as CEO or director of your late father's company and you still not being able to sponsor yourself suggests that the company is not profitable and so it still means nothing.

Based on the foregoing, my sincere advise to you is not to re-apply. Look elsewhere.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar
Thanks alot indeed it's a bitter truth but it's better than wasting my money to someone that don't even care but just for me to keep on reapplying. Please can you suggest better other English speaking countries with higher standards of living and immigration friendly.

Reactions: Omofar

Oladiplenty

Oct 2, 2020
Hello Oladiplenty,

I hope well and thanks for visiting this thread. I am afraid I am unable to give any assessment on your chances of approval, everything has changed and the IRCC is not following regular guidelines when it comes to study permit applications.

All I can say is I wish you the very best, but until your decision comes back, no one can accurately assess your chances of approval.

Omofar
Okay thank you,whatever yhe outcome may be,i will drop my feedback when i get my final decision from the Immigratiin but is it possible to go for a second degree with my age 29?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks alot indeed it's a bitter truth but it's better than wasting my money to someone that don't even care but just for me to keep on reapplying. Please can you suggest better other English speaking countries with higher standards of living and immigration friendly.
Hi Zoe44,

Good that you are taking this in your stride. Well done.

Check Swedeen, UK, Denmark.

All the best

Omofar

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020