Application submitted: July 21, 2020
Biometrics request: July 22, 2020
Medical Upfront: August 22, 2020
Medical passed: September 3, 2020
Biometrics given: August 24th, 2020
Biometrics updated: August 24th, 2020
BVL: October 2, 2020
ELIGIBILITY: we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
BACKGROUND CHECK: We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information

What can I look forward to? God Please

Opeyemiaf

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Hi @Omofar @Yvette123 other gurus in house,
I just got BVL today. My timeline is shown below

For May Spring 2021 Start date:

BACKGROUND CHECK: We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information

Have you received AIP?

Believedoitbest

Sep 11, 2020
Hi @Omofar @Yvette123 other gurus in house,
I just got BVL today. My timeline is shown below

For May Spring 2021 Start date:

Dan D

Feb 19, 2020
Dear All (Story Time!), :);)

I hope well. Many of you may have been wondering why you do not get a lot of communication from me on this thread as I used to do when I started this thread over a year ago. Well the reason is not far fetched, in recent times, the Canadian study permit application process has been less than transparent and forthright with international students; particularly Nigerian applicants. I personally have lost any enthusiasm for the process and not keen on putting in applications for hard working people who struggled to get offers of admission, pay their tuition, show adequate funding and intention to return to their home countries only to be refused by some VO who is either inexperienced and having significant knowledge gap in carrying out their duties, or an experienced one who holds stereotypical bias against Nigerian applicants, or a quota system that is driven by greed. That is encouraging people to keep applying when you already know that you will be refusing their applications, but you will still hold onto the application fees. 12,000 applications X $235CAD = $2,820,000 a year, not counting the number of re-applications, and that is just from Nigerian applicants alone. The body language now appears to be study at a Canadian institution, pay your fees, but study from your own country. Who is foolish enough to buy into such BS?! :mad::mad:

Anyways, here is my advise to everyone, 2020 is rounding up, do not spend your whole life chasing the Canadian dream, if it works out fine, it it does not, its still fine! Begin to consider alternative destinations. If Canada does not want your money consider other nice countries that will! I have a client whom I met on this thread, she contacted me and asked for assistance after her initial refusal. Despite all the efforts, repackaging and all we did her application was refused, Then she decided she was no longer interested in Canada. She demanded her refund from the College and looked elsewhere. Firstly, she applied to US and Germany casually for holidays to take a break from the nonsense Canadian study permit application process that has stressed her out. She got both, despite being denied a Canadian study permit. She then put in a UK visitor visa as well and she got it. She got study offers in the UK and Sweden for direct Masters (not the post-grad certificate Canadian colleges were offering). She has now resumed her lectures in Sweden where there is no irrational fear of COVID-19, where people are living their lives normal and classes are being held both online and in-person. She is having a great time, meeting new people, learning new things and guess what? She got a full scholarship for her program. Now she has all that money she would have spent on Canadian tuition to herself to flex and enjoy. So there you have it.

Again, we should not allow Canada or the IRCC to disrespect us when it is our own money we are paying for studies. If your application is refused, you too refuse them, and look elsewhere. Canadian study permit process is probably the most complicated and hardest in the world, if you use the experience gained to consider and apply to other places, you are likely to get your visa approved sharply. Don't waste your time begging and pleading for their study permit, adapt, look elsewhere, go and learn German and you can go and school there for free or very little tuition, Belgium is also a nice place. The rush for Canada has made them too pompous, furthermore, their economy cannot handle the impact the large inflow of international students. You can even consider countries in Africa like South Africa and Namibia, where the quality of education is still much better than Naija and you can use the qualification gained to find opportunities elsewhere.

I wish you all the very best.

Omofar.
BLESS UP BRO!!
They are so useless, Pompous and Arrogant....Imagine us that we are paying with our own money begging them to please take us (they are all very stupid)...I just got my 2nd refusal Today and i don't think i want to go to Canada anymore...i rather settle for another better and Non Pompous Country, bro pls Suggest which country is better

Reactions: Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLESS UP BRO!!
They are so useless, Pompous and Arrogant....Imagine us that we are paying with our own money begging them to please take us (they are all very stupid)...I just got my 2nd refusal Today and i don't think i want to go to Canada anymore...i rather settle for another better and Non Pompous Country, bro pls Suggest which country is better
Very good!!! You have sense.

I would say look into European Scandinavian countries. Norway, Swedeen, Denmark. They are mostly English speaking.

Cheers

Omofar

Reactions: Dan D

Mubzak

Oct 2, 2020
This forum has been very helpful! Thank you @Omofar for all you do.

My application status
Application submitted: June 11, 2020
Biometrics request: June 12, 2020
Medical request: July 29, 2020
Preliminary eligibility
assessment: August 26, 2020
Biometrics given: September 28th, 2020
Medical passed: October 1, 2020

Final decision: Your application is in progress.

Please are my chances? PhD Biological Sciences at UofM with supervisor funding up to 21K per year.

Thank you

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This forum has been very helpful! Thank you @Omofar for all you do.

My application status
Application submitted: June 11, 2020
Biometrics request: June 12, 2020
Medical request: July 29, 2020
Preliminary eligibility
assessment: August 26, 2020
Biometrics given: September 28th, 2020
Medical passed: October 1, 2020

Final decision: Your application is in progress.

Please are my chances? PhD Biological Sciences at UofM with supervisor funding up to 21K per year.

Thank you
Hello Mubzak,

Congrats on securing a funded PhD position.

I feel you have very strong chances. However, I hope you still showed ability to fund yourself despite the funding you will be receiving, because the VOs still need to check that off their list.

All the best, let us know how it goes.

Cheers.

Omofar

Mubzak

Oct 2, 2020
Hello Mubzak,

Congrats on securing a funded PhD position.

I feel you have very strong chances. However, I hope you still showed ability to fund yourself despite the funding you will be receiving, because the VOs still need to check that off their list.

All the best, let us know how it goes.

Cheers.

Omofar
Thank you so much! Yes, This is the proof of funding showed in my application:

1. Funding from my supervisor up 21K per year
2. #1M from my personal account supported with my payslip from university as Assistant Lecturer.
3. #1M from my Uncle's account supported with his payslip in the government institution.

I hope this will serve?

Literarymathy

Star Member
Feb 8, 2020

2. #1M from my personal account supported with my payslip from university as Assistant Lecturer.
3. #1M from my Uncle's account supported with his payslip in the government institution.

I hope this will serve?

You are a strong applicant and besides, you already got an AIP and MER. Just relax and wait for your PPR. Funded applicants seldom get refused at the PhD level, except if something else is wrong with their documents.

moregist

Jun 16, 2017
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers
Good Day Omofar, please what is the possibility of getting post graduate admission in Canada universities as well as Study Visa from Canadian embassy for a 42 year old man that finished his Bachelor's degree with grade of 2:2 in the year 2006? I have 13 years of work experience and I can sponsor myself.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I hope this will serve?
I hope so too. I wish you had asked your Uncle to transfer the funds to your own account. Nevertheless, your job as a lecturer shows strong ties to return home, I hope you got a letter from the HOD to this effect. It's looking good from where I am sitting. Keep praying, wishing you all the best. What department are you being admitted into and your research interest if you don't mind?
Cheers.

Omofar

Reactions: Mubzak