+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Dan D

Feb 19, 2020
Good Day everyone here pls i applied for my Study Permit Visa on the 13th of July and still haven't gotten a Response..pls what could be the cause

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Hi @Omofar @Yvette123 other gurus in house,
Please advise. What can I look forward to now. My timeline is shown below

For May Spring 2021 Start date:

Application submitted: July 21, 2020
Biometrics request: July 22, 2020
Medical Upfront: August 22, 2020
Medical passed: September 3, 2020
Biometrics given: August 24th, 2020
Biometrics updated: August 24th, 2020
ELIGIBILITY: we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
BACKGROUND CHECK: We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information

Apr 25, 2020

BACKGROUND CHECK: We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information
hello
please how did you do an upfront medical in august when you applied in July?
I'm asking for the process please because i applied in may and i haven't been notified for any medicals from ircc

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hello Goathead,

Hope well. I have a client who has received her correspondence letter since 26th of March. I am yet to hear anything from the embassy since then. Be it refusal or approval. There have been reported cases of people whom their applications still says reviewing eligibility, it took so long they decided to request their GCMS notes, and they found out that the application had been refused, despite on the portal its still saying reviewing eligibility. So my only suggestion is wait.

As for everyone else, I strongly recommend you should not apply at the moment, the IRCC is in a state of disarray and not sure what they are doing anymore. Recent applicants I know (2) who's applications were submitted online from Nigeria, guess where their applications were sent to for processing? CHINA!!!!

That could mean there is nobody in the Kenyan office or South African office or Ghanaian office to process study permit applications from Nigeria at the moment. So please keep calm until they get themselves together. O, just so you know, the applications that went to China came back very very quickly as refusals..

Cheers

Omofar

Reactions: Akuoma2020

drprince

Dec 21, 2019
Hello Goathead,

Hope well. I have a client who has received her correspondence letter since 26th of March. I am yet to hear anything from the embassy since then. Be it refusal or approval. There have been reported cases of people whom their applications still says reviewing eligibility, it took so long they decided to request their GCMS notes, and they found out that the application had been refused, despite on the portal its still saying reviewing eligibility. So my only suggestion is wait.

As for everyone else, I strongly recommend you should not apply at the moment, the IRCC is in a state of disarray and not sure what they are doing anymore. Recent applicants I know (2) who's applications were submitted online from Nigeria, guess where their applications were sent to for processing? CHINA!!!!

That could mean there is nobody in the Kenyan office or South African office or Ghanaian office to process study permit applications from Nigeria at the moment. So please keep calm until they get themselves together. O, just so you know, the applications that went to China came back very very quickly as refusals..

Cheers

Omofar
Very true. I know of someone who recently received a correspondence letter denoting rejection within a very very very short period after he submitted an application..And his refusal letter came in from China.

Reactions: Omofar
Sep 21, 2020
Good afternoon everyone
Please I submitted my study visa application on the 19th day of April and did my biometrics 9th of this month but haven't gotten my medical instruction letter neither my biometrics updated till now.
I heard some people say their update came the next day.

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
hello
please how did you do an upfront medical in august when you applied in July?
I'm asking for the process please because i applied in may and i haven't been notified for any medicals from ircc
@NigerianTraveller
I did the medical and sent the eMedical slip by webform . I applied online first and didn't want to have my application delayed for any reason. So I did upfront medical and attached the slip to my application via webform and my status has reflected "You Passed the medical"

I booked biometric on August 24 and didn't want COVID or any funny thing to delay me. So I did upfront medical on August 22, biometric on August 24. Biometrics was updated same day August 24 and medical updated as Passed on September 3

I booked medical with QLife hospital in Lagos

Last edited:

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Hello Goathead,

Cheers

Omofar
Ok @Omofar
I will exercise a little more patience.
Regards