+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Sade Jacobs

Jun 25, 2020
Hi,

It would be uploaded by Q-life.

I did mine there also and it was uploaded by them and it reflected on my account in like 3-5days.
Hii...what exactly does it say? Cuz I did mine since since June and it still hasn't reflected on my profile though I didn't do mine with Q-life
Thank you

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Study permit files are stuck at Canadian office in Nairobi and we hardly hear from them. what is going on? We should see raining of AIPs here too. Anyone with a clue about Nigerian study permit application there?
Hello Rayusuf,

Your assessment of the current scenario is on point! That is why I cautioned people to take it easy, and let's see what the Canadian immigration truly have in mind. All that talk about AIPs is just talk for now. The Nairobi office is probably empty. The IRCC appears to be overwhelmed with applications and don't really know what they are doing anymore. I am not 100% certain that getting an AIP guarantees study permit approval. They just want the funds from international students.

So for now, all we can do is try to be patience and see where this entire process leads us.

All the best.

Omofar

Zoe44

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Is it important to do an up front medical? And how long is medical valid. Please advise if it is good to do an upfront medical.

Zoe44

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hello gurus in the house, please help me with a constructive approach to my situation. I applied for study permit since the first week of June I have not heard from the embassy again after my biometrics request, I applied for GCM note today. After a thorough search online about the study permit application, I feel I did not support my application with enough home ties (documents). Here is my situation my mum and Dad is dead and we are 5 in the family aside from my step siblings which I didn’t include in my application. 3 of my siblings are not in Nigeria (one of them is my sponsor) and my sister here with me is married already with kids. On my application I presented a study leave and didn’t include a payslip or bank statement because my boss mostly pay me cash and do transfer sometimes. My dad left us with a gas station which I placed it on lease till 2021 to arrange the burial. I have original document for the property (land survey, building plan ) except the resolution of the company board member which is a photocopy(and i am the second in place to make decisions aside my dad) and original of CAC certificate. should I send this document through web form to support my application, which includes landed property, CAC registration which are all in my dads name? Please advise
From a friend.

Anshu Ghate

Apr 16, 2020
hi... I applied for the study permit online in April and my application is in Nairobi.
I have completed and passed medical exam and biometrics on 26th Aug but still have not received the AIP.
Some of my friends who also applied from Nigeria in April, got their AIP on 5th Aug.
Is there anyone here in the same situation who still has not received the AIP

Reactions: Omofar

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Did you receive your biometrics validation letter already?
No. My profile was updated same day of Biometric to show "Completed". The validity period also stated on the profile (in the same place where you have the UCI and Application Number) for ten years till August 24, 2030. I have not received any Biometrics Validation Letter

Toyosi08

Nov 2, 2019
please can anyone put me through on how to order for the GCMS notes, applied for september 2020 intake. all documents are complete
Raised a web form and got a reply that my application is still in process, or whats the best i can do at the moment?
Applied: Nov 27th 2019
biometrics: Nov 28th 2019
Medicals: March 6th 2020

rayusuf

Aug 14, 2020
please can anyone put me through on how to order for the GCMS notes, applied for september 2020 intake. all documents are complete
Raised a web form and got a reply that my application is still in process, or whats the best i can do at the moment?
Applied: Nov 27th 2019
biometrics: Nov 28th 2019
Medicals: March 6th 2020
www.thegcmsonline.com