+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Hello Omofar! please i deffer my course to winter intake and my visa is still in process soo i am asking whether i should send IRCC my new updated LOA through webform or i should relax
Wait till they request for your updated letter. Don't put yourself in a difficult position.

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
It's kind of good news. I anticipate the rate of study permit approval would rise with this new development. And trust me, this measure was implemented as a way to attract more students to come to Canada given the stupid policy that Trump was going to implement against foreign students studying entirely online.

The only challenge for most Nigerian students is that there is no good internet in homes to have clear video streaming. If you do get one, it is way to expensive for the ordinary student. Besides, Nigeria is between 7 - 9 hours ahead of Canadian time (depending on which province your school is in) in the fall season.

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Could you recommend a

Could you recommend a lawyer or a consultant who could help me with a letter?
Thanks
A lawyer wouldn't just write a submission letter for you; you need help with the entire application. Of course I wouldn't recommend any particular firm for you, but if you need information about where to find Canadian immigration lawyers, I could be of help in pointing you to where you can find that.

Lollyp

Jul 4, 2020
Hello @Omofar am 23yrs had my o'level result in 2015 and Ond result in 2018 in which I studied mass communication also have a baking certificate in which I learnt through apprentice want to apply to a Canadian college for a post secondary diploma in hospitality course (hotel and restaurant operation management/tourism recreation) now my concern is, is it advisable to go for a diploma and if so is the hospitality management course aligns well with my baking certificate or I should look into culinary?And please is applying to the likes of Seneca, Centennial and Algonquin college the best cause looking into getting the application form against fall 2021 intake once the application is available and also is having my step father as a sponsor best for me base on visa prospect, would really appreciate your response, thank you
Please anyone with advise concerning this

chefe

Jul 17, 2020
hi guys, on the IMM1294E, how do you fill ''funds available for my stay''?
i'm thinking sum of: one year tuition fee + 10,000CAD living expenses + others(3000CAD). Is this right?

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
hi guys, on the IMM1294E, how do you fill ''funds available for my stay''?
i'm thinking sum of: one year tuition fee + 10,000CAD living expenses + others(3000CAD). Is this right?
List everything as one lump sum; no need breaking it down in the application form. It is in the letter of explanation that you do the breakdown of fees and the funds you have available.

Lollyp

Jul 4, 2020
Hello @Omofar am 23yrs had my o'level result in 2015 and Ond result in 2018 in which I studied mass communication also have a baking certificate in which I learnt through apprentice want to apply to a Canadian college for a post secondary diploma in hospitality course (hotel and restaurant operation management/tourism recreation) now my concern is, is it advisable to go for a diploma and if so is the hospitality management course aligns well with my baking certificate or I should look into culinary?And please is applying to the likes of Seneca, Centennial and Algonquin college the best cause looking into getting the application form against fall 2021 intake once the application is available and also is having my step father as a sponsor best for me base on visa prospect, would really appreciate your response, thank you
[/QUal Anyone with advise please

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
10000CAD for year...and please i would like if you give me list of such institutions in Canada. Thanks
Good day Mrs Bence as for the tution you are asking to pay for a year which amounts to 10k cad a year.....it would be difficult to look for one willing to receive that amount for international students-for an undergraduate degree, who likely pay 4times or more of an average Canadian student fees, but you could check out some schools listed below as fees are pretty okay for international students..
Memorial University
University of Prince Edward Island

Yvette123

Jan 23, 2020
Great News, Check this out!!

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada said the changes will give students more certainty about their ability to enter Canada once travel and health restrictions are eased.

The time since a student applies for a study permit – rather than when they were approved for one – will now count towards a future post-graduation work permit. Students must eventually be approved for a study permit and complete more than 50% of their program in the country.

Approvals in the visa process will be made in two stages: eligibility and admissibility.

##How to get a pre-approval for a study permit

IRCC will provide an approval-in-principle for study permits if students pass the first stage.

In an email to CIC News, IRCC explained:

The two-stage assessment process will be applied to applicants at all levels of study whose program is starting in the fall semester or earlier and who submit, or have already submitted, a study permit application online on or before September 15, 2020.

At the initial eligibility stage, officers will assess:

Letter of acceptance
Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (for those destined for a learning institution in Quebec)
Proof of funds
That the applicant is a bona fide student who will leave Canada when they no longer have legal temporary or permanent status
Family ties to Canada
For the admissibility stage, before a final decision is made, officers will review the following:

Immigration medical examination
Security-Police certificates
Biometrics
Upon receiving final approval for their study permit, students will be able to travel to Canada once international travel resumes.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/07/minister-mendicino-announces-changes-to-facilitate-online-learning-for-international-students.html