+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Right now, its not something that is negotiable. All students in Canada right now are doing online classes, I don't know how effectively that would be for students in the medical and biomedical fields or students in Engineering. Learning is about interaction and actual hands on experience, I don't know how this online system will work for programs requiring actual human-human interactions. Even the lecturers and school administration are afraid to return to class. So most international students will not have a say as to whether their program will be transitioned to online classes or not. You ought to have received several emails by now asking (actually coercing) you to sign up for online programs. Its either you do that or you defer. If you have already paid your fees and choose to withdraw, they may write to the embassy to say that you have withdrawn you funds.

All the best

Omofar

Dear Omofar , good day
Please confirm urgently. Is document checklist form IMM 5843e utilized in online study permit application. I ask because, after completing it, I couldn't find section to attach it. I even tried to convert to another format to attach with letter of explanation but LOE shows but form will not show.
is it meant for paper application only?
If required for online application, how can I get it across as my application has gone through

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Dear @Omofar , good day
Please confirm urgently. Is document checklist form IMM 5843e utilized in online study permit application. I ask because, after completing it, I couldn't find section to attach it. I even tried to convert to another format to attach with letter of explanation but LOE shows but form will not show.
If required for online application, how can I get it across as my application has gone through. I don't want them to say I omitted it. Note all the sections for uploaded documents on the online application I filled and was able to make payment. Please reply. Best regards. Goathead

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Dear @Omofar , good day
If required for online application, how can I get it across as my application has gone through. I don't want them to say I omitted it. Note all the sections for uploaded documents on the online application I filled and was able to make payment. Please reply. Best regards. Goathead
Complete a web form enquiry, including your UCI number and application number and then attach the checklist when you are asked if you have any documents to attach. You cannot do without the checklist. It’s mandatory to have it as part of your application. If you don’t know what a web form enquiry is, google it.

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Complete a web form enquiry, including your UCI number and application number and then attach the checklist when you are asked if you have any documents to attach. You cannot do without the checklist. It’s mandatory to have it as part of your application. If you don’t know what a web form enquiry is, google it.
Hi @Alwayssuccessful!
Thank you very much. I have just successfully submitted the IMM 5483e form with confirmation. Any other thing I should know, since I just submitted my study permit application yesterday. What can I expect?

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Hi @Alwayssuccessful!
Thank you very much. I have just successfully submitted the IMM 5483e form with confirmation. Any other thing I should know, since I just submitted my study permit application yesterday. What can I expect?
Wait to hear from IRCC, you either get an approval in principle or a refusal, since you cannot do biometric for now since VACs are not open for now.

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Hi @Alwayssuccessful!
I just got biometric collection letter. VFSGlobal is closed till further notice and I have till October 20 to do it. Kindly advise
If you cannot provide the biometric information by October 20, your application will not be refused. It would be extended. And the instruction visa officers have is not to refuse any application for lack of biometric, medical report or police certificate. You could get approval in principle to authorize you to start online study in your country pending when you are able to provide the outstanding documents. But I expect the VAC to open for biometric later this month or early August. UK is opening on July 28. Canada should open soon.

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
If you cannot provide the biometric information by October 20, your application will not be refused. It would be extended. And the instruction visa officers have is not to refuse any application for lack of biometric, medical report or police certificate. You could get approval in principle to authorize you to start online study in your country pending when you are able to provide the outstanding documents. But I expect the VAC to open for biometric later this month or early August. UK is opening on July 28. Canada should open soon.
@Alwayssuccessful! I just tried to book an appointment online and on phone but no luck. So I will wait like you advised. Hopefully by month end or next month, VFS should be back up and running. Thanks

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @Alwayssuccessful!
Hello Mr. Goathead,

Thanks for visiting this thread. I am happy you have resolved the issue with your online application. I wish you the very best.

Cheers.

Omofar

Literarymathy

Star Member
Feb 8, 2020
This is not correct. The checklist is to guide the applicant. If it is compulsory for it to be uploaded, they would have created space for it. Maybe paper applications need it but it is not required for online applications.

Last edited:
Reactions: Omofar

Akuoma2020

Apr 28, 2020
Nice response. How would an applicant know that have gotten the approval in Principle? Will they receive a message to that effect??
Thanks

Reactions: Happiluv

Zoe44

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hello Goathead,

Waiting.

All the best.

Omofar
Hello,
Please help me to understand this,
After a one year program in Canada, a student apply for a work permit and was given a 1 year work permit, is it possible for the person to apply for a student status again if he was unable to make it to the permanent residency?

Zoe44

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hello,
Please help me to understand this,
After a one year program in Canada, a student apply for a work permit and was given a 1 year work permit, is it possible for the person to apply for a student status again if he was unable to make it to the permanent residency?
Meaning getting a new admission and apply for a study permit all over again