+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Sky00797

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hello,
This forum is highly informative,I appreciate all the great minds here.
However,i haven't applied for any visa yet, I have been doing my research on how to get it right,please I need your advice.
I intend apply for a study permit., I don't have a degree,just a diploma in Catering.I have a working experience of over 10years in Fast food management,and I am 40yrs old. What are my chances of getting a study permit and what other options will be advisable for me, thanks.
Your chances are 32 % out of 100 with just a diploma & your age .

Reactions: Yemi1980

Deronksbeauty

Feb 6, 2020
Lagos
Category........
PNP
I'm intending to apply for a student visa as soon as possible,I have an admission offer from Durham college in Ottawa Ontario to study graduate certificate in HRM,I av bsc in business admin. I have paid my 1st term tuition fees,,course duration is 14months (1yr2mnths),I am working as an admin/hrm officer in a high school and also have a side registered business with cac. My immediate brother is my sponsor,he resides in USA as an American citizen. I'm 30yrs old and married, I have a child. I dnt have any traveling history. I would like to knw my chances in having the visa,
thanks
Opeyemi

Sky00797

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
I'm intending to apply for a student visa as soon as possible,I have an admission offer from Durham college in Ottawa Ontario to study graduate certificate in HRM,I av bsc in business admin. I have paid my 1st term tuition fees,,course duration is 14months (1yr2mnths),I am working as an admin/hrm officer in a high school and also have a side registered business with cac. My immediate brother is my sponsor,he resides in USA as an American citizen. I'm 30yrs old and married, I have a child. I dnt have any traveling history. I would like to knw my chances in having the visa,
thanks
Opeyemi
Only a Graduate certificate? - Red Flag

College not a university? - Red Flag

Brother as a sponsor for your age & martial status? - Red Flag

Job prospects in your country after getting the certificate? - Questionable**

Family man leaving for 14 months to get just a graduate certificate? - Red Flag

No Travel History at 30 years? - Case Closed.

Goodluck with your application.
It’s up to the Visa Officer not us.

Reactions: Omofar and Happiluv

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks
Opeyemi
Based on your age, why not consider one of the immigration programs in Canada?

All the best.

Omofar

Psychtrain

Feb 7, 2020
Based on the information you have provided, I think there is much hope for you to get your visa. You have the right age and already have an HND, so good for you. It also looks like your mum is in a good financial position to help you, but I will need to probe that a bit further. So here is my advice

1. I will suggest your mum pays at least your first semester school fees, then get the official receipt from the school. This will demonstrate to the visa officer that indeed your mum is serious about sponsoring you and it is not that she just put money in the account like that (or did she?)

2. She needs to demonstrate convincingly what her source of income is. Is she employed or self employed. Let me know and I will advise on other documents she will need to provide.

3. The letter of financial support is very important

4. State of account alone is not sufficient.

If you would like me to sort it out for your professionally, let me know.

I charge a minimal fee.

Cheers

Omofar
How can one get the letter of financial support

Psychtrain

Feb 7, 2020
Its not over until its over. Every application is treated differently.

While waiting, find something else to pre-occupy your time with, start a short course in I.T or go and intern somewhere, or do voluntary work.

All the best.

Omofar
I need ur help

Literarymathy

Star Member
Feb 8, 2020
Hi guys...

I got a doctoral admission offer with funding at McGill. I'm supposed to resume in September. Is it too early to start processing study permit? If I am given the permit early, does it mean I'll wait till September before I can travel?

What I have so far for the permit
1. Departmental funding letter of CAD 27,000 per annum
2. Employment letter as lecturer and ID card
3. Admission letter
4. Bank statement of about half a million (I don't think I'll need this since I have funding)
5. Father and mother's employment letters and ID card (Father works in the same university where I work)
6. Transcripts & certificates
7. CIC forms

I intend to apply using the online route. Are there any tips for me?

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Hi guys...

I got a doctoral admission offer with funding at McGill. I'm supposed to resume in September. Is it too early to start processing study permit? If I am given the permit early, does it mean I'll wait till September before I can travel?

What I have so far for the permit
1. Departmental funding letter of CAD 27,000 per annum
2. Employment letter as lecturer and ID card
3. Admission letter
4. Bank statement of about half a million (I don't think I'll need this since I have funding)
5. Father and mother's employment letters and ID card (Father works in the same university where I work)
6. Transcripts & certificates
7. CIC forms

I intend to apply using the online route. Are there any tips for me?
You have tuition 27k funding but what of your living expense money of minimum 3 to 4m? Work on ur fund and don't creat room for refusal

Literarymathy

Star Member
Feb 8, 2020
You have tuition 27k funding but what of your living expense money of minimum 3 to 4m? Work on ur fund and don't creat room for refusal
The funding is not tuition. The total amount I got was 41k. Tuition has already been removed before I arrived at 27k.