+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FYI..

The minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score in this latest invitation round was 469, a decrease of three points over the previous draw held December 11.

The Express Entry system manages the pool of candidates for three of Canada’s main skilled labour immigration categories — the Federal Skilled Worker Class, Federal Skilled Trades Class and Canadian Experience Class.

Candidates are ranked in the pool based on a score awarded under the CRS that considers factors such as age, education, skilled work experience and proficiency in English or French.

A job offer is not required in order to be eligible for an Express Entry invitation to apply (ITA), though additional CRS points are awarded if a candidate has one.

A set number of the highest-ranked candidates are invited to apply for Canadian permanent residence through regular draws from the pool. These invitation rounds typically take place every two weeks and the vast majority involve candidates from all three Express Entry-managed categories.

The minimum CRS score is determined by factors including the number of candidates in the Express Entry pool, the time between draws and the number of ITAs issued.

Have a blessed morning..

Omofar

highphy

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
I do not think so, the exchange rate is 1CAD=1.16NZD. So if you could afford Canada then you should be able to afford New Zealand. In terms of the value of money and economy, Canada, New Zealand, Australia are birds of a feather.

All the best.

Omofar
thanks for this eye-opener sir... God bless you real good...
am gonna check it through right now

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
I will answer just one of your questions. Please, I beg you not to omit to mention your past denial, even though they see it, whether or not you mention it. They could ban you for 5 years for misrepresentation for failure to mention past refusals. They are unforgiving in that area, and it is without remedy.

Dec 5, 2014
Good morning,

For those who may want to consider alternative destination for studies, I would suggest looking into New Zealand.

I wish you all the very best.

Omofar
Omofar,

I'm a Kenyan and this forum was highly overdue & is very helpful. It's great to have a place to discuss issues pertaining to Africans...because, believe it or not, we as Kenyans are facing the same scrutiny at the Canadian Consulate. Kindly share...why New Zealand? Right now, I'm encouraging all my people to look elsewhere. The pendulum has swung the other way (with regards to visa approval rates)...the sooner we accept & find fairer grounds, the better it will be for us all.

RVD

Dec 5, 2014
International students pays 3 times more fee then domestic students
And many students from Pakistan are going to Canada to get higher education which contributes in their economy
If, more Nigerians start applying to Canada then you will also be on SDS LIST
Kenyans make up quite a number of students in Canada too....I don't think it's simply a matter of numbers, Ahdach .... nor simply bias, Omofar.... I think it's a combination of both AS WELL AS it is a matter of WHAT we do once we're there as well. For example, once Pakistanis (or Asians or Hispanics...or whatever minority) get their PR..maybe they start to run for public office. That is how one affects change. You must be in a position to lobby like hell for your people.

RVD.

Ahadch3357

Nov 3, 2019
Wazirabad, Pakistan
Category........
CEC
Kenyans make up quite a number of students in Canada too....I don't think it's simply a matter of numbers, Ahdach .... nor simply bias, Omofar.... I think it's a combination of both AS WELL AS it is a matter of WHAT we do once we're there as well. For example, once Pakistanis (or Asians or Hispanics...or whatever minority) get their PR..maybe they start to run for public office. That is how one affects change. You must be in a position to lobby like hell for your people.

RVD.
I just write this
Bcz the minister who annouced SDS for Pakistan shared in his tweet
International students are contributing largely in their economy, thats why we are expanding SDS to more countries so that students can proceed their visa fastly

tosynoo

Aug 20, 2019
Is there anyone who applied to the university of manitoba? I'm in the middle of my application but just curious to know about the maximum page the statement of intent should be and also the writing sample as it wasn't stated on their website. Please anyone in the house, it is really urgent. Thanks in advance