+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is a positive indication that your application may be approved. So keep praying.

All the best.

Omofar

Omo_bolaji

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Omofar
I have a question please, so I got admitted to a school for my masters program and I’m resuming in January 2020 for a foundation program before starting the main masters program in the school. So right now I want to transfer to another school in September 2020. My question now is after my foundation which is for 3 months can I stay in Canada and work till September when I‘m transferring to my new school? and I hope it won’t affect my postgraduate work permit because from my research taking a gap during your studies affects work permit application.
Looking forward to your response.
Thanks

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Omofar
I have a question please, so I got admitted to a school for my masters program and I’m resuming in January 2020 for a foundation program before starting the main masters program in the school. So right now I want to transfer to another school in September 2020. My question now is after my foundation which is for 3 months can I stay in Canada and work till September when I‘m transferring to my new school? and I hope it won’t affect my postgraduate work permit because from my research taking a gap during your studies affects work permit application.
Looking forward to your response.
Thanks
Hello Omo_bolaji,

I am sorry I cannot help you with this enquiry because I am not an expert in the area you are asking for. I don't know if you have got your visa yet, however, if you have got, my honest advice to you is to stick to the plan you told the embassy, or you might get your self in some situation you will not be happy with. If you already know now that you intend to change programs, I will advise you get your visa, disregard the foundation program, chill at home and travel when it is closer to the time of resuming at the other school you now plan to go.

Nevertheless, the decision is still yours to make.

I wish you the best.

Omofar

Showbabie

Feb 20, 2019
Hello,

My study permit application for Bachelors program was refused on the following grounds:
-no ties back home n Canada
- not convinced I will go back home after my study; and
- no enough financial proof.

These reasons are strange to me because I have been travelling to Canada for summer vacation since I was 8 years old as well as UK, US and Dubai and I have never overstayed . I am the only child of my mom, my dad is late and so I have been staying with my aunt and family and she and her husband have been responsible for my education and they are also the sponsors for my schooling in Canada. I included acct statements, proof of assets, stock statement from my aunt’s husband, letter of introduction from his employer and bank, paystubs as well as school fees receipt showing payment for the first year.
I don’t know how to go about addressing these concerns when I reapply. Please advise. Thank you

Showbabie

Feb 20, 2019
Admission letter say tuition fee for a year is about $18000 and that was what I paid. I am thinking maybe I should pay additional $22k and I will also apply for gcms notes. The money is from my aunt and husband and like I said in the letter of explanation I live since I was a toddler and they have been my sponsor.

Nascoajet2

Aug 2, 2019
Heelo, i applied on the 21th October for January entrance did my biometrics on the 23rd got refusal on 8 of November. Reason stateted below
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation. Please what do advise i should do. Cause am planing to reapply.

Nascoajet2

Aug 2, 2019
Heelo, i applied on the 21th October for January entrance did my biometrics on the 23rd got refusal on 8 of November. Reason stateted below
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation. Please what do advise i should do. Cause am planing to reapply.

Nascoajet2

Aug 2, 2019
Sorry i did not mention anything relating to my background. A healthcare practitioner , got admitted to St Lawrence to do my postgraduate in healthcare administration. Working in a private firm, as a rural healthcare officer. My office is giving me one year study leave with payment all this was stated in my SOP backed up with letter from the companycoupled with good financial stand and traveling history. About the third reason I'm 32yrs old

Dspecial1

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Admission letter say tuition fee for a year is about $18000 and that was what I paid. I am thinking maybe I should pay additional $22k and I will also apply for gcms notes. The money is from my aunt and husband and like I said in the letter of explanation I live since I was a toddler and they have been my sponsor.
Mail me mikeawo454@gmail.com so I will tell you what to do

Aurs

Nov 10, 2019
Hello house, please I need some assistance . I am a 3rd class graduate of Oau and I run a business in nigeria now. I am a crafter/paper artist so I create alot of things from paper. I just got admission into Mohawk college and although I applied for their global business management course which runs for 2 years I got admission acceptance letter into the international business management course which is for a year starting may 2020. From my understanding of how study permit and work permit works(from what I read). If you have 1 year course you get 1 year and I cant apply for or but if 2 years you get 3 years and can apply for or. I have mailed the schools and dont mind waiting till sept 2020 to get my preferred course but I was thinking.....do I have a better chance of convincing them to grant me pr for a 1 year course than a 2 year course as a business owner. I would be applying for visa and I have 2 sponsors 1 in usa and the other in uk. What do I do as the aim is to register and operate my business after study. Please what do I do?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Showbabie,

Hope well. Throwing more money to the school will not change the embassy's perception of you. How old are you, do you already have a bachelor's degree, if yes what was the degree in and what program are you going for now?

Cheers

Omofar

Showbabie

Feb 20, 2019
Hello Showbabie,

Hope well. Throwing more money to the school will not change the embassy's perception of you. How old are you, do you already have a bachelor's degree, if yes what was the degree in and what program are you going for now?

Cheers

Omofar
I am 17 years old and I don’t have any degree yet.

greennewbie

Nov 11, 2019
Hello Omofar,

I got my biometric correspondence letter on the 18th of October and still waiting.
What does it imply?

N/B: I did an upfront medical.
Thanks.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Omofar,

I got my biometric correspondence letter on the 18th of October and still waiting.
What does it imply?

N/B: I did an upfront medical.
Thanks.
Hello greennewbie,

Thanks for popping in. It simply means your biometrics capture was okay and your application is currently being assessed.

I wish you all the best.

Cheers

Omofar

Reactions: greennewbie