+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

sirbenz4real

Oct 28, 2019
HELLO PLEASE I NEED SUGGESTION ON HOW TO GO ABOUT MY SECOND REAPPLICATION.

I applied for a one year post graduate program in Occupational Health Safety And Wellness for September 2019 intake at Conestoga college and made a part tuition deposit of 1,500 CAD as stipulated by to college for me to pay, i had a sponsor who is my uncle and he gave me all necessary sponsorship supporting documents and a statement of account of 36,000,000, i have 3,000,000. in my own personal bank account with salary reflection i got denied and i applied for GCMS and got this as reasons for visa denial...

NOT SATISFIED THAT PA HAS SUFFICIENT FUNDS TO CARRY OUT EDUCATIONAL PLAN.

please how do i go about this cause am to reapply for may 2020 same program and same college

MascoZamoni69

Jul 15, 2019
How many days do they gives you to pay your tuition deposit fee at Conestoga

I applied for a one year post graduate program in Occupational Health Safety And Wellness for September 2019 intake at Conestoga college and made a part tuition deposit of 1,500 CAD as stipulated by to college for me to pay, i had a sponsor who is my uncle and he gave me all necessary sponsorship supporting documents and a statement of account of 36,000,000, i have 3,000,000. in my own personal bank account with salary reflection i got denied and i applied for GCMS and got this as reasons for visa denial...

please how do i go about this cause am to reapply for may 2020 same program and same college

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello bro, Please I have a question to ask you..

I have completed my ND last year and I want to apply for ontario graduate Certificate (which is one year program)

It was stated that before someone can apply for Ontario graduate Certificate, he/she must have completed a diploma, advanced diploma or degree.

Now my question is that can I go on and apply for it with my ND?

I will be waiting for your reply thank you.
Hello Blessing4999,

I hope well. I cannot help you with this question. If you meet the requirements for applying for the program, then apply. However, only the admissions department of the school can determine your eligibility.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day omafar, thank you for the reply, however, I have a travel history to Senegal twice, please can that suffice as travel history? With my payslips, employment letter and I'd card as evidence of employment and I don't have enough money in my account( if my statement of account is requested) will this stand as ties to Nigeria? As my sponsor does not have ties in Nigeria but in the USA and will be funding my schooling from there?

I have gone through the information u asked me to go thru but I have these questions to ask for clarification. The list of documents
Hello Dubem007,

Unfortunately, travels to Senegal is likely to be insufficient to count as a good travel history. Furthermore, you are being sponsored by a third party who is not based in the country will also not be to your advantage in terms of getting the visa. I presume you are going for a post-graduate program, it would be expected that you as an adult should be able to sponsor yourself. It does not look so good from my own perspective.

Please read through the guidelines I have put on this thread for guidance.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much for your advice, how am I sure if apply post doctoral positions in Canada they will give it to me?
Hello STEP_HEN,

This query of yours directly undermines the quality of the kind of Ph.D. you are doing. If you are NOT sure that your Ph.D. work is good enough to get you a position in any part of the world, then why are you doing it? If your Ph.D. work has nothing of value to offer, then all the years your academic scholarship will go to waste and that will be a pity. So please reevaluate the program you are doing. If you do a good job, publish one or two relevant papers from your thesis, present them at international conferences, you WILL meet with PIs in your field that will show interest in either your work, you, or both, and that is where your breakthrough will come from.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, please I need some clarification.

When I made my study permit application I indicated that I hadn't done biometrics previously so I paid for the biometrics along with my application. However, I later remembered that I had done biometrics about 5 years ago during a prior application which was now reflected in my profile after my application submission as it has not expired.

I received a letter in my account page saying I should go for biometrics, so now I'm confused.

Because in the biometrics section in my online profile, it is showing as completed, does it mean i dont need to give biometrics? Or do I still need to go to VAC center?

Please help Mr Omofar.

Thanks in advance.
In this case, you should not have stated that you have not done it before. I don't know if they will refund the money, but all you can do is to go to the VAC and do the biometrics again. That is why when putting in your application, you have to be careful and meticulous to avoid these kinds of costly mistakes.

All the best.

Omofar

Pretty Franca

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hello everyone please I would like to know if any one was granted study permit by paying full tuition fee for a year. My friend said I may be denied visa because I paid for just one term tuition fee instead of one year. Please what do you think about all of this

ojohn22

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Police cert-20-05-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015(uploaded on 24-06)
Interview........
3rd Line Update-30-06-2015
Passport Req..
10-12-2015;PP Arrived CIC-15-12-2015; return tracker activated: 31/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
RCVD PP-05/01/16 (8:30 pm NL time) Visa Issu 17/12/2015
LANDED..........
Jan. 15. 2016 (local CIC office); PR Card recvd- about 16/02/2016
Hi there,

I had a similar situation. In my personal opinion, cic's definition of availability of funds refers to funds inside your own or spouse's bank account and CIC's policy manual says minimum of 1 year tuition + CAD$10,000.

ojohn22

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Police cert-20-05-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015(uploaded on 24-06)
Interview........
3rd Line Update-30-06-2015
Passport Req..
10-12-2015;PP Arrived CIC-15-12-2015; return tracker activated: 31/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
RCVD PP-05/01/16 (8:30 pm NL time) Visa Issu 17/12/2015
LANDED..........
Jan. 15. 2016 (local CIC office); PR Card recvd- about 16/02/2016
Hello everyone please I would like to know if any one was granted study permit by paying full tuition fee for a year. My friend said I may be denied visa because I paid for just one term tuition fee instead of one year. Please what do you think about all of this

My 2 cents. Tuition fees payment is not a must but a nice thing to do. It shouldn't matter whether it s 1 semester, 1 year or 4 years. I have seen folks approved in either case.

Reactions: Pretty Franca

Odubadians

Aug 30, 2019
Hello Safaamed,

I am sorry to hear about your circumstances. It is a difficult one. Most countries have embassies in Canada, why did not renew your passport from your country's embassy. I also mentioned this in a fairly recent post. Your TRP (temporary residence permit) and the study permit are two different documents. TRp allows you to live in Canada and allows you also travel back and forth between Canada and your home country, while study permit allows you to study. Now, this is where I think your problem may have come from. Your TRP/TRV is usually linked to the length of your passport, while a study permit is linked to the length of your studies. It would appear that for whatever reason both became expired and you traveled back home. Now that is a big no-no. And unfortunately, there not much that can be done about it. You also you stated that you have spent 5 years in Canada and you are yet to get your degree, how is that possible. Unless you are doing a Masters. The VO may not take your application seriously. He/She would consider what you were doing for 5 years without getting your degree. Finally, what kind of program are you doing in Canada that will charge you $30kCAD for the entire 5 years of undergraduate study? In my opinion, based on the limited info you have provided here along with the circumstances outlined above, I am not confident that you will get your permit.

Perhaps try to recruit an immigration lawyer that will take up your case.

All the best.

Omofar
Thanks Omofar, please based on your advised, how can someone recruit immigration lawyer?

Mandera

Oct 29, 2019
Hello I got a refusal stating that I won’t return back based on travel history and employment situation and ties to Canada and home land how do I go about this

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Pretty Franca,

Please note that your application is not judged in compartmentally, it is evaluated holistically in such a way to create a kind of profile; by profile, I mean a kind of picture or perception of the kind of person you are. If your profile meets that which is being sort-after by the embassy, then you get the visa approval, if not then you don't. Now let me break it down.

If applicant A comes from a wealthy family, been traveling overseas since he/she was a toddler, went to the most expensive schools in Nigeria, etc, Whether applicant A pays tuition or not, once they apply for a visa they will get the visa approved. They have the right profile. The perception is that this kind of person is unlikely to come and stay in Canada beyond their time limit, there is no economic incentive to keep such an applicant in Canada. Imagine a Dangote's daughter applying for a study permit, he does not need to pay any school fees. He may not even need to show any account balance. He only needs to write a proper letter that he will be responsible for her welfare throughout her stay in Canada. That is sufficient for the VO.

Now, applicant B is from a modest background, struggled to get a good education from a federal university, never traveled out of Nigeria before, has a moderately okay job, no wife or no husband. If the applicant B likes, let him/her pay tuition for 4 years, they will still not be granted the visa. Again, the perception is this person has never traveled before, is from a humble background, currently, there is no justifiable source of income to show he/she can sustain the cost of study and living costs. Hence visa denied.

In summary, my point is this, it is not whether you paid for 1st semester or for the 1st academic session. You need to demonstrate in a compelling manner to the VO that you can afford to sustain your studies without any help from the Canadian govt. You need to show that the money is at your disposal for tuition and living costs, that it belongs to you, and that you will get can sustain yourself while in Canada financially, then you will get the visa approval. If the VO suspects that based on your profile, you can't really afford this education you are applying for, he/she will refuse oI hope this helps.

Question: What kind of profile are you projecting to the embassy?

All the best.

Omofar