+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

jihilosen

Oct 30, 2019
Hello Omofar,

My application has just been refused and I intend to apply for my CAIPS notes.
I would however like to know how I can contact you privately and maybe avail your services.

Thank you.

yoyo_8458

Oct 30, 2019
Hi omofar,
Does a 38years old Nigerian with a B.Sc and is self employed ever stand a chance for a study permit visa for a PG even if offered an admission in any Canadian college? Don't want to go on a wild goose chase.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi omofar,
Does a 38years old Nigerian with a B.Sc and is self employed ever stand a chance for a study permit visa for a PG even if offered an admission in any Canadian college? Don't want to go on a wild goose chase.
It depends on multiple factors, however, 38 is an important factor, being self-employed is also an important factor. So I would say give it a go and see how it turns out. I personally would not hold my breath.

All the best.

Omofar

Pretty Franca

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
I think visa officers accept mother and father or husband as sponsor and their should be enough proof that they will be able to sponsor you or any proof that they have sponsored you before may be during your university days or high school. But for uncle, aunt, cousin, it's not quite convincing to them

Olamide319

Nov 1, 2019
It depends on multiple factors, however, 38 is an important factor, being self-employed is also an important factor. So I would say give it a go and see how it turns out. I personally would not hold my breath.

All the best.

Omofar
Hi omofar I just got rejected,I paid a full year tuition fee my sponsor also had over 30000cad but I got refused visa
Please I would like your help because I want to reapply as soon as possible

Kuzzy

Nov 2, 2019
Hi
Thank you for all you’ve been doing. After applying for my Canadian student visa. I got a refusal letter today. Stating issues on Family Ties I’m Canada and country of residence.
That they are not convinced I will go back home based on my application.
Lastly based on my current state of employment. ( I stopped working the same month I did apply, and after my application o for a new job).
Please what do you advice I do. I’m really confused.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
Thank you for all you’ve been doing. After applying for my Canadian student visa. I got a refusal letter today. Stating issues on Family Ties I’m Canada and country of residence.
That they are not convinced I will go back home based on my application.
Lastly based on my current state of employment. ( I stopped working the same month I did apply, and after my application o for a new job).
Please what do you advice I do. I’m really confused.
Hello Kuzzy,

I am sorry to hear about your predicament. My sincere opinion is that you should stay away from Canada for now. There is an unspoken/unwritten policy about how the immigration rules should be applied to Nigerian applicants until that is resolved, I wouldn't put in any more efforts in trying to get a study permit. You may investigate other countries in Europe.

I wish you all the best.

Omofar

Divad

Oct 2, 2019
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers
I applied for the study permit july ending. I got ppr september 19
I sent my passport September 20 and still waiting. Each time i track it just says processing.
Its been over a month and I'm worried.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i feel theres no harm in trying so long as one makes a genuine effort to convince the vo otherwise that he is really here to study. what makes you think that european country are more "accepting" towards nigerians???

but yea i highly doubt that nigerians generally have this intention. 99% of them probably want to stay on in canada considering how horrible nigeria is
Hello KirinFrost,

I agree with some of your commentaries, I do not agree with others.

1. If it costs a lot of money and effort to put in a Canadian study permit application, if he put in once and he had been refused, the tendency is that he will be refused a second time. But like you said if he/she feels its worth it, they can go for, I just gave my honest opinion.

2. European countries at the moment seem to have a lot more promise, most Nigerians are not applying there, so if you package your application properly based on the Canadian study permit experience and use some of the ideas on this thread (they are universal) then you are likely to get approved for a study permit.

3. Visa application approvals should be based objectively based on whether the applicant meets the minimum requirements or not. It should not be based on a stereotypical and biased perception of Nigerians. Some people may be flaunting the rules, but not everybody, but when your decision to approve a visa is based on the behavior of the bad ones on the good ones, then that is unjust, unfair and unethical.

4. In 2015 approval rates for Nigerian applicants were between 45-50%, within 6 years it has sharply declined to about 10-19%. That decline is too sharp. Has the demography suddenly changed? How is it that for example someone who's 1st child is already studying in Canada, has her second child refused, what changed in that family. The first son is just about to graduate, there is no evidence to show that he will not return to his country yet. And many other cases like that.

5. Now let us not kid ourselves, who will invest such amount of money into Canadian education and not want to stay back? Another problem is that Canadian immigration is being hypocritical. They claim to be immigration friendly, yet they are refusing genuine applications from Nigerians. If you don't want Nigerians to stay back in your country, then they should cancel the post-graduate work permit scheme that allows students to stay back and work as a route to permanent residency. The UK did that some years ago, so those that still went there knew that they will not be able to stay back. So why is Canada encouraging students to come and study and stay back and at the same time refusing permits on the basis that they may not return? Please think about it.

Finally, as I stated in my first post, I am here to give honest opinions based on facts, people are free to either take it or refuse it. I don't like giving false hope. I don't like seeing people waste scarce resources such as time and effort to pursue what they may not be able to get.

Many thanks for your thoughts though.

Omofar

Reactions: milesdavis