+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Omofar,

My name is David, I need your advice and guild. I’m 23, I graduated from high school 2011. That’s the year I had my WAEC. After that I went into the market place, worked for my uncle and other business.

Now I applied for a versity in Canada, I got admitted for next to year January.
I submitted my study permit, but was refused based on this three reasons

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
.“

On that application my uncle whom I had worked in his company was sponsoring me because my dad lives in South Africa and at the time his nigeira bank account wasn’t the actual figure that was needed.

Now I want to reapply, and my dads account is good and I’m thinking if I can use both his nigeira account with about 15 million, and his South Africa account. And mine which is about 2million, together with payslips of my uncles payment to me, and also a letter from him stating he’s aware of my quest to travel and study in Canada and he supports.

Now I have no idea how to deal with this “tie in Canada and country of residence”

Please help me!!!!!
I honestly do not know how to advice you. Your case is peculiar. It is the kind of case that will raise a red flag for the VO. You finished WAEC 8 year ago, and went into the labout market. The VOs know that is not the usual trajectory for Nigerians. Now 8 years later, you want to pursue your undergraduate degree. Also if you are 23, that means you finished secondary school at 15, again the VO would find it unreasonable that a 15 year old decided to go work for his uncle. Anyway the story and logic of your application does not appear straight forward, so putting in another application may not make a difference in the outcome. What you need to do is to sit down and go through all the points in the refusal letter and address them one after the other. Please try to apply for gcms notes. It will also give you insights into the mindset of the VO... I would strongly suggest you consider another country.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar

Reactions: Happiluv

Dspecial1

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
I honestly do not know how to advice you. Your case is peculiar. It is the kind of case that will raise a red flag for the VO. You finished WAEC 8 year ago, and went into the labout market. The VOs know that is not the usual trajectory for Nigerians. Now 8 years later, you want to pursue your undergraduate degree. Also if you are 23, that means you finished secondary school at 15, again the VO would find it unreasonable that a 15 year old decided to go work for his uncle. Anyway the story and logic of your application does not appear straight forward, so putting in another application may not make a difference in the outcome. What you need to do is to sit down and go through all the points in the refusal letter and address them one after the other. Please try to apply for gcms notes. It will also give you insights into the mindset of the VO... I would strongly suggest you consider another country.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar
Cool

Dspecial1

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Once you receive a correspondence letter before the Medical exam request, your application is most likely to be refused. I am sorry to bear this unfortunate news to you.

All the best.

Omofar
What makes you think that if Iam to ask? A friend of mine who got the Visa got correspondence letter and after that he was told to go for medical and finally got it........

Dspecial1

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Once you receive a correspondence letter before the Medical exam request, your application is most likely to be refused. I am sorry to bear this unfortunate news to you.

All the best.

Omofar
Once an applicant receives the biometrics validity letter it automatically moves to review of eligibility, that's their mode of operation for the kenya, Nairobi Immigration office.....And as for me I will get approval by God Grace

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What makes you think that if Iam to ask? A friend of mine who got the Visa got correspondence letter and after that he was told to go for medical and finally got it........
The phrase is my comment is 'most likely'. I have had a client who the embassy requested for his medical, he passed it, and his application was still denied.

In most cases, if you did not do upfront medical, and you get a correspondence letter before a medical request, your application will likely be refused. That is the trend. You should get a medical request before the correspondence letter. The correspondence letter is actually an indication that your application is being wrapped up. After the correspondence letter, you should either get a passport request or a refusal letter.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once an applicant receives the biometrics validity letter it automatically moves to review of eligibility, that's their mode of operation for the kenya, Nairobi Immigration office.....And as for me I will get approval by God Grace
If you look at my first post on this thread, I stated clearly, I am here to speak candidly about my experiences with the Canadian embassy, it has nothing to do with religion. There are always exceptions to the rule. But I will wait for your feedback after the correspondence letter.

Cheers.

Omofar

Dspecial1

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
If you look at my first post on this thread, I stated clearly, I am here to speak candidly about my experiences with the Canadian embassy, it has nothing to do with religion. There are always exceptions to the rule. But I will wait for your feedback after the correspondence letter.

Cheers.

That's your experience not mine by his Grace I will bring you good news

Zubbydaniels

Oct 14, 2019
Hello ZubbyDaniels,

Based on the refusal letter, I estimate there was a lot wrong with the presentation of your application. You will have to take your time to settle down, and critically think about how you are going to address all the issues raised, without contradicting the information you previously put in the rejected application. So take each point one after the other and think about what the VO means and how you will adress the VO's concerns.

All the best.

Omofar
Thanks Omofar
Can i have your mail or mobile contact?
My mail: dannyzubby@gmail.com

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really do not see why you are taking this matter personally. I do not have anything to gain or loose if you get your visa approved or not. I just let you have the facts!

If you don't go to Canada, it is not the end of the world. God may have other plans for you. Anyway, we are still here, buzz us when you get your visa decision.

All the best.

Omofar

Koko11

Oct 21, 2019
I really do not see why you are taking this matter personally. I do not have anything to gain or loose if you get your visa approved or not. I just let you have the facts!

If you don't go to Canada, it is not the end of the world. God may have other plans for you. Anyway, we are still here, buzz us when you get your visa decision.

All the best.

Omofar
Hey Omofar can you send me via my email address the form web application for student permit. I can’t download this via my laptop. Thank you

Dubem007

Jul 27, 2019
Hi omafar, please I want to apply for study permit and my sponsor( my uncle) is in the USA and has enough money in his account 63k usd or so and provided his house docs as ties in which I don't have any property here except my job which I have provided my payslips, I'd card and employment letter for my recent job. I am applying with his account statement and every other docs required even though he has not paid tuition yet, Is there hope for me getting visa?

xamwixe

Oct 24, 2019
Greetings, Mr. Omofar.....quick enquiry.....finished degree in 2015, with little or no work experience, 27 y.o. how possible is it that i get a work and study visa, cos i am applying for masters

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi omafar, please I want to apply for study permit and my sponsor( my uncle) is in the USA and has enough money in his account 63k usd or so and provided his house docs as ties in which I don't have any property here except my job which I have provided my payslips, I'd card and employment letter for my recent job. I am applying with his account statement and every other docs required even though he has not paid tuition yet, Is there hope for me getting visa?
Hello Dubem007,

I hope well.

Unfortunately, I am not a VO and I cannot determine the prospects of your application. I have put some self-assessment posts on this thread, please look through and evaluate yourself. Money is not the only factor that determines if an application will be approved, you have to meet that minimum criterion before you put in an application. Please check through the GIS (Get Informed Sessions) on this thread, this will help you plan properly for your application.

I wish you all the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greetings, Mr. Omofar.....quick enquiry.....finished degree in 2015, with little or no work experience, 27 y.o. how possible is it that i get a work and study visa, cos i am applying for masters
Helo Xamwixe,

It will be very hard. However, nothing is impossible. Try the masters, meet all other criteria required, and hope for the best.

Omofar