+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

fatasamz

Oct 23, 2019
As for me ,I submitted Sept 25th and I got correspondence letter yesterday ,please how long do I have to wait after this letter ?And how do I get medical report sent to them?????
I am not even sure what a correspondence letter is. but since I applied from the Uk and hadn't been in nigeria i was not asked for a medical report but i think you are meant to upload it on your online page. There's somewhere on there that lets you add additional documents

Dspecial1

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
I am not even sure what a correspondence letter is. but since I applied from the Uk and hadn't been in nigeria i was not asked for a medical report but i think you are meant to upload it on your online page. There's somewhere on there that lets you add additional documents
No I applied through paper application and not online

Dspecial1

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
I have tried several but no avail ,says no records found......but cant I send it through vfs?or can the hospital send it?

Da Vid

Jul 9, 2019
Hi Omofar,

My name is David, I need your advice and guild. I’m 23, I graduated from high school 2011. That’s the year I had my WAEC. After that I went into the market place, worked for my uncle and other business.

Now I applied for a versity in Canada, I got admitted for next to year January.
I submitted my study permit, but was refused based on this three reasons

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
.“

On that application my uncle whom I had worked in his company was sponsoring me because my dad lives in South Africa and at the time his nigeira bank account wasn’t the actual figure that was needed.

Now I want to reapply, and my dads account is good and I’m thinking if I can use both his nigeira account with about 15 million, and his South Africa account. And mine which is about 2million, together with payslips of my uncles payment to me, and also a letter from him stating he’s aware of my quest to travel and study in Canada and he supports.

Now I have no idea how to deal with this “tie in Canada and country of residence”

Please help me!!!!!

Dspecial1

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
If you dont have at least 5m in your personal account is better you dont submit your bank account rather use your uncle and dad's account.Be warned. If you have land in Nigeria you can attached that too.My little idea tho

Da Vid

Jul 9, 2019
Thanks bro. I can get that in the my account 5m. But my major concern is the detailed reasons for refusal that they gave on my previous application.

How can I sort those out.
Most of our property is in my dads name, I’m yet to have any on my name.

Appreciating your time

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A

Am now 41 years old
Based on your age, you cannot meet the required points for EE. So your best bet is to do an excellent job with your PhD, publish good papers, and apply for post-doctoral positions in Canada.

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: STEP_HEN

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi , I need your help. I'm nigerian and I applied for a canadian study permit from the Uk because I had a temporary brp. My application had not been replied so I had to defer my admission to january.My brp expired a week ago so I am now back in nigeria. I have contacted the embassy and told them of this update. It's been over 3 months but i still hadn't gotten any reply. I planned to withdraw my application and apply again from nigeria until yesterday when they updated my application to ''we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements''. I am now confused on what to do. Should I continue waiting?. I have also sent quite a few web forms to the embassy.
I will advise you wait and here what they have to say. I know the London office is very slow and useless. 3months is a very long time, I wish you had not put in the application in London. It does not look too good from where I am sitting. But nevertheless, let us wait and see what they say.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar

ojohn22

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Police cert-20-05-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015(uploaded on 24-06)
Interview........
3rd Line Update-30-06-2015
Passport Req..
10-12-2015;PP Arrived CIC-15-12-2015; return tracker activated: 31/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
RCVD PP-05/01/16 (8:30 pm NL time) Visa Issu 17/12/2015
LANDED..........
Jan. 15. 2016 (local CIC office); PR Card recvd- about 16/02/2016
Hi Omofar. I must say people like you that take interest in imparting knowledge into others are quite rare in Nigeria and I commend your efforts so far. I just don't want to sit on the sideline to observe. I have experienced both the negative and the positive sides of Canadian immigration and have supported friends and relatives during their journey into Canada. So I can offer advice to folks.
To all members, be very painstaking as well as consistent in preparing your application. If your application will be approved, you can be very sure the officer read everything in your file. Therefore, you must ensure you justify your bona fide beyond every reasonable doubt. Work the officer through your thought process by writing a good SOP free from grammatical errors and other things that can cause distraction. Use the common reject factors to address possible concerns of the officer.
Unfortunately, even if u dot all i's and cross all t's, an officer may still reject your application even though the officer knows he should not have rejected it. They get away with these unfair actions leaving the applicant with few to no options.

Here is an example of a Judicial Review heard at the Federal Court:
BRYAN SKIE SUMALDE RAYMUNDO // IMM-4963-17 // 2018 FC 759 // JULY 19, 2018
The applicant, a citizen of the Philippines, applied for a student visa to study at a Canadian college’s International Business Program. Having previously studied marine transportation, the applicant was hoping to build on this education by studying International Business, a program that would allow him to develop skills necessary to succeed in forming his own marine transportation business back in the Philippines. The Court disagreed with the Officer’s conclusions regarding this application and ultimately allowed his application. The Officer concluded that the applicant’s proposed studies in Canada were not a logical continuation of his previous studies, but the Court could not find any justification for this judgment made by the Officer. As the applicant was planning to be hosted and supported financially by family in Canada during his stay, the Officer was unsatisfied that the applicant had good reason to return to his home country. The court, on the contrary, pointed out that as the applicant’s child and wife remained in the Philippines, his return to the Philippines is likely after the completion of his studies in Canada.

Concluding, if you are complacent in preparing your application it WILL be rejected. If you prepare a very good application, then you stand a chance for approval.
Good luck everyone. And once again Omofar you are truly a hero.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Omofar
I applied for students permit on August and it was rejected based on These reasons:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status..

I requested a deferral from the school. And i was offered admission again. Please how do i Address these concerns in my new application ?
Hello ZubbyDaniels,

Based on the refusal letter, I estimate there was a lot wrong with the presentation of your application. You will have to take your time to settle down, and critically think about how you are going to address all the issues raised, without contradicting the information you previously put in the rejected application. So take each point one after the other and think about what the VO means and how you will adress the VO's concerns.

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: Zubbydaniels

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As for me ,I submitted Sept 25th and I got correspondence letter yesterday ,please how long do I have to wait after this letter ?And how do I get medical report sent to them?????
Once you receive a correspondence letter before the Medical exam request, your application is most likely to be refused. I am sorry to bear this unfortunate news to you.

All the best.

Omofar