+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
Is mutual fund certificate or statement of account an acceptable proof of fund for study permit?
Hi,

Cash balance in your account, and proof of source of income is the best proof of funds to Canada.

All the best

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question,I payed my tuition deposit before discovering the format of my name is not thesame with my passport,I contacted the school to change it on my LOA,but the date on the new LOA is 17Oct while on tve tuition deposit i paid earlier this month, please I need your advice, should I use the old letter,or new one
Please clarify your question.

Cheers

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The course you are going to study is not a continuation of your already obtained BSC so they will feel you are not a genuine student,,pple get denied bcos of this, request for your GC notes to see reasons,I just received mine today,and I was denied on feb.because of family ties and travel history for touris visa,the agent messed everything up,now I'm applying for study visa,I already secured 2 admissions,,
It does not matter, these days, one can be denied for any flimsy excuse. There is nothing wrong in changing career paths if its not too far from what one studied in the past. In this case Entrepreneurship and Environmental economics are not so far away from each other.

I wish the person the best.

Omofar

Maleek0007

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Please clarify your question.

Cheers

Omofar
Ok,I updated my name with the university so that my letter of acceptance will match my passport,they sent another letter with the updated name,but I have already paid tuition a week before this change,now my question is "WHEN APPLYING WONT IT RAISE ANY NOTICE THAT THE TUITION PAYMENT WAS MADE BEFORE LOA,MEAN WHILE ITS JUST A CHANGE THAT MADE IT LOOK THAT WAY.or can I attach the both when applying

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok,I updated my name with the university so that my letter of acceptance will match my passport,they sent another letter with the updated name,but I have already paid tuition a week before this change,now my question is "WHEN APPLYING WONT IT RAISE ANY NOTICE THAT THE TUITION PAYMENT WAS MADE BEFORE LOA,MEAN WHILE ITS JUST A CHANGE THAT MADE IT LOOK THAT WAY.or can I attach the both when applying
No that has no bearing on your application. So long the tuition is paid. and other requirements for the permit are met.

All the best.

Omofar

MAYANA2019

Sep 6, 2019
Please ooo.....
I submitted my passport on 2nd of this month.....
Getting there now they said the passport is not ready.....
Two weeks gone

Maleek0007

Star Member
May 17, 2019
No that has no bearing on your application. So long the tuition is paid. and other requirements for the permit are met.

All the best.

Omofar
Ok what about this,"AN AGENT WHO DID TOURIST VISA FOR ME WHICH WAS DENIED BECAUSE OF TRAVEL HISTORY,FILLED THE FORM FOR ME AS A STUDENT WITHOUT ME KNOWING ABOUT IT UNTIL I RECEIVED MY CASE FILE,NOW THAT I AM APPLYING FOR STUDY PERMIT,WILL THE VO GO DEEP DOWN TO THE OLD APPLICATION TO SEE THAT?the agent was so careless,I never went to the school he wrote,I will appreciate an advice

Anikky_Law

Oct 18, 2019
Hello Omofar, good job! This is a long one though, but it might help someone never to loose hope. I picked interest in responding to this particular post. Pls the mother should not loose hope n reapply. I have been out of school after my 1st degree in computer science from a Nigerian university (part time) for over 13yrs but I've been working for 20yrs in admin dept of my organisation. I decided to take my career further by applying for post grad. Studies in global buss mgnt at Humber College n I was admitted. I applied on March 12 for visa but got rejected on May 25 on reasons that were baseless to me. I've travelled to UK, USA severally, still I was rejected on travel history!!, I have more than enough investment to prove my financial status, still was rejected based on that, I have a very strong family ties, still got rejected on that basis as well. I was furious but never relented. I reapplied with stronger SOP on June 15 and wrote a letter of appeal indicating my displeasure on my basis of rejection, repackaged my application with upfront medical and totally concluded that this time, any rejection will be totally based on sentiment. Lo n behold my visa was approved on Aug 26. I'm in Canada studying at Humber College now. Sometimes IRCC want you to reapply to test the genuinety of your purpose even when they know that you you over qualify for that visa. I'm over 40yrs with over 13yrs study gap. My daughter also applied in July for her uni undergraduate n it was approved . We're both here in Canada now.

MatrixCode

Oct 19, 2019
Hello Omofar, good job! This is a long one though, but it might help someone never to loose hope. I picked interest in responding to this particular post. Pls the mother should not loose hope n reapply. I have been out of school after my 1st degree in computer science from a Nigerian university (part time) for over 13yrs but I've been working for 20yrs in admin dept of my organisation. I decided to take my career further by applying for post grad. Studies in global buss mgnt at Humber College n I was admitted. I applied on March 12 for visa but got rejected on May 25 on reasons that were baseless to me. I've travelled to UK, USA severally, still I was rejected on travel history!!, I have more than enough investment to prove my financial status, still was rejected based on that, I have a very strong family ties, still got rejected on that basis as well. I was furious but never relented. I reapplied with stronger SOP on June 15 and wrote a letter of appeal indicating my displeasure on my basis of rejection, repackaged my application with upfront medical and totally concluded that this time, any rejection will be totally based on sentiment. Lo n behold my visa was approved on Aug 26. I'm in Canada studying at Humber College now. Sometimes IRCC want you to reapply to test the genuinety of your purpose even when they know that you you over qualify for that visa. I'm over 40yrs with over 13yrs study gap. My daughter also applied in July for her uni undergraduate n it was approved . We're both here in Canada now.
Happy for you @Anikky_Law,
Please, did you print another bank statement the second time you sent a fresh application?
and how did you write the letter of appeal indicating your displeasure on the basis of rejection?

I just got rejected for;

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Thank you.

MatrixCode

Oct 19, 2019
The course you are going to study is not a continuation of your already obtained BSC so they will feel you are not a genuine student,,pple get denied bcos of this, request for your GC notes to see reasons,I just received mine today,and I was denied on feb.because of family ties and travel history for touris visa,the agent messed everything up,now I'm applying for study visa,I already secured 2 admissions,,
Are you gonna attach a fresh bank statement? or you'll use the previous one?