+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Koliboy

Aug 31, 2019
Greetings,
I have found your response to queries very impressive.
Am about applying for study permit, can my father in-law be my sponsor.
Thanks.

Johnnyjude

Aug 31, 2019
You are really doing a great job here...
Please sir.. I applied online for my study permit since 15th of July and have not received any message and my intake happens to be on 3rd of sept.. Even though I know I will still defer my admission... Please anyone with same experience and what are my chances

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Omafar is doing unbelievable work here and i hope we all learn from him. Everything in life is not about money, sometimes u give back. We also need to learn to take our time and stop rushing things. One of the reasons why Africa and precisely Nigerians have high level of rejection is documentation and poor sop and fund.
We are always in a hurry and end up getting it wrong. If u read other national sop u will enjoy reading sop. When our fund is obvious that is not ok then why applying immediately, when your statment is less that a month why applying, when ur source of income is not ready why in a hurry. Finally who says agents know better than u? Some of them are uneducated and mess up ur app while stealing from u. If your agent in this group pls bear with me. 97% of agents are empty nd they are money bags.use the internet, join groups and ask question. Ircc site ia user friendly, dont be scared.

Lets learn to help ourselves for free.

Reactions: BHA@1234 and Omofar

Brian prince

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hey y'all someone on this forum said you can do upfront medicals after submitting the application, so I did the upfront medicals last Week Monday 26th. I sent the proof of upfront medicals to the emails of the Nairobi, Lagos and London visa offices (because i don't know where my application is), I also filled web from to the visa offices listed above, as well as one to the office in Canada. I got automatic replies acknowledging the receipt of my mail from Nairobi, while the London office sent me a mail some days later with a link to the case specific enquiry on the webform (direct to the Canadian visa office) I did that previously so I decided not to do again. In the mails I sent I mistakenly wrote my previous application number, I sent a mail acknowledging my mistake and stating the correct application number less than 24 hours after sending the original mail. I'm worried because the hospital adviced me against doing upfront after submission because, if I get a request for medicals right now as they haven't acknowledged the upfront one they'll be some sort of confusion as the numbers umi, imm would be different. My gckey hasn't been updated, any suggestions on what I should do. Thanks

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, i was once denied a visa to ukraine but the agent never gave me a reason for the denial.I want to know if this is going to affect my canadian visa application and how should i explain it to the visa officer?
You are only required to state that you have been denied a visa to Ukraine in the past, you are not required to explain why.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greetings,
I have found your response to queries very impressive.
Am about applying for study permit, can my father in-law be my sponsor.
Thanks.
I would assume you are an adult. The VO expects you to be able to fund your purpose of visit by yourself.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are really doing a great job here...
Please sir.. I applied online for my study permit since 15th of July and have not received any message and my intake happens to be on 3rd of sept.. Even though I know I will still defer my admission... Please anyone with same experience and what are my chances
Hello,

You are welcome to this thread.

No one can really say what your chances are. Nevertheless, I have on numerous occasions on this thread explained how to assess yourself and prepare your application.

All the best.

Omofar

waynee2baba

Aug 4, 2019
Hi guys, I applied for my study visa on the 14th of July from the UK (I'm Nigerian on Tier 4 student visa), my course starts in October... anyone here in similar situation?

waynee2baba

Aug 4, 2019
The most basic structure for good SOP:

- Introducing yourself
- Why this programme (maybe areas of study)
- What it would offer you (maybe co-op opportunity, technical skills)
- Why Canada? [what you'd bring to Canada (your Nigerian university knowledge and experience because Canny is multi-cultural)]
- Upon completion, what next? [talk about how your programme is profitable(is there a demand?)]
- Establish strong home ties (talk about your sponsor ...let's say your dad. Let it cover why he's sponsoring you,
no one cares what he does in your SOP, he's not an applicant.)
- Conclusion (link the reason you're being sponsored to why your course is relevant and profitable and end it on a strong note)

*If you had a good BSc grade and you're going for PGD, explain the reason(s) after you talk about your intended programme. Normally, as a genuine student, you should go for MSc not PGD.
#COPIED

Just keep it simple and straight to the point
Lol... I was the one that wrote this on Nairaland. Was a bit surprised when I came across it here

Reactions: Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I applied for my study visa on the 14th of July from the UK (I'm Nigerian on Tier 4 student visa), my course starts in October... anyone here in similar situation?
Hi Wayne2baba,

Thanks for visiting this thread.

I hate to break it to you, but its very likely you may not get the study permit.

You are in the UK on a temporary permit, it means your have little to no ties to the UK, hence your chance of returning to the UK is very limited. Hence you are unlikely to be issued the permit just on that alone. Furthermore, the London office can be very stringent with applications from Nigerians. Finally, I do not know how you packaged the other documentation in the application. So too many variables to say what the out will be.

I sincerely hope I am wrong and that you get the permit.

All the best.

Omofar

waynee2baba

Aug 4, 2019
@Omofar Lol, I've got friends that applied from the UK and still got it. My ties are in Nigeria not the UK, I'm currently on a student visa that would be expiring in October. So my immigration status is valid. Dude you mustn't go back to your home country to tender an application. It can be done anywhere provided your immigration status at where you'd give your biometrics is clear and valid. Notice how I didn't ask you if I'll get the study permit? I'm not a newbie... I just came here to find out if anyone was in a similar situation. Cheers anyway and I hope you're wrong too.

Reactions: @eminence

waynee2baba

Aug 4, 2019
@Omofar And I didn't say I'd be returning to the UK lmao... to do what? You're prolly not familiar with how visa applications work in third countries. It's fine, we learn everyday.

Reactions: @eminence

stsoul

Jul 15, 2014
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers

Hello Omofar,

Am 44yrs old i want to apply for an advance diploma program in canada, i have done my Bsc and with 14yrs work experience in Nigeria, what are my options and which program or school will be my best options. Kindly advise pls

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Omofar Lol, I've got friends that applied from the UK and still got it. My ties are in Nigeria not the UK, I'm currently on a student visa that would be expiring in October. So my immigration status is valid. Dude you mustn't go back to your home country to tender an application. It can be done anywhere provided your immigration status at where you'd give your biometrics is clear and valid. Notice how I didn't ask you if I'll get the study permit? I'm not a newbie... I just came here to find out if anyone was in a similar situation. Cheers anyway and I hope you're wrong too.
No problem, I wish you the best.

Omofar