+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Leofranklyn

Aug 29, 2019
Hello LeoFranklyn,

Welcome to this thread. I am sorry to hear about the refusal.

I would suggest that you try to keep calm, and try to find out why your application was refused, attempt to rectify the issued raised before re-applying.

All the best.

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
These are the reasons why it's been refused which I'll rectify before reapplying, I just want to know if I can reapply without my international passport since I've not collected it

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
These are the reasons why it's been refused which I'll rectify before reapplying, I just want to know if I can reapply without my international passport since I've not collected it
I wish you all the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello omofar, greetings.
Please how long do passport stamping take for Nigerians ?
Hello vesment,

I am sorry, I can't say precisely, It ranges from a 2-3weeks after you submit the passport.

All the best.

Omofar

vesment

Jun 14, 2019
Hello vesment,

I am sorry, I can't say precisely, It ranges from a 2-3weeks after you submit the passport.

All the best.

Omofar
Nawaoo, vfs day its been processed yesterday and I am worried. The school gave me 7th latest to arrive and am sad

Leofranklyn

Aug 29, 2019
Hello omofar please respond to my question I got a refusal letter just yesterday but my passport is still with CIC, so should I apply again with my international passport still with CIC or should I wait until I get it before reapplying? Please I need response

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nawaoo, vfs day its been processed yesterday and I am worried. The school gave me 7th latest to arrive and am sad
If it has been processed, then you should go to VFS and collect it, I don't see any problem with that.

Kind regards.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can I use the visa stamped this month to enter Canada by November because of defer ?
Please clarify, if you already have your visa, just buy your ticket and fly and get there before the deadline.

Is this not the case?

All the best

Omofar

vesment

Jun 14, 2019
Please clarify, if you already have your visa, just buy your ticket and fly and get there before the deadline.

Is this not the case?

All the best

Omofar
I sent it through DHL and paid for return. Fanshawe said if I don't resume by 7th I should defer to next session which is September or choose another course for January. The passport is now saying that it's at the canada visa office now. I want to make it to September 7th I want to know if I should have hope that it will enter before then cos I submitted by 28th August. But if I didn't make it, can I change to another course for January and enter Canada by November?

BHA@1234

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
I sent it through DHL and paid for return. Fanshawe said if I don't resume by 7th I should defer to next session which is September or choose another course for January. The passport is now saying that it's at the canada visa office now. I want to make it to September 7th I want to know if I should have hope that it will enter before then cos I submitted by 28th August. But if I didn't make it, can I change to another course for January and enter Canada by November?
Bro, the honest truth is, you'd likely get your passport back between 6th and 9th.

Ian_Shiverboy

Jun 30, 2019
Greetings!

If you are interested in hearing the truth, and still ready to proceed despite the challenges, you are welcome here. If you want to be pampered, please go elsewhere.

I am here offer advise to anyone who is Nigerian and needs assistance in navigating the dangerous waters of Canadian study permit application. Identify what the problem might be and how to possibly over come them.

It would be better to come here before you apply, rather than after you have applied, it might be too late to assist you then. Also, never rush to put in an application, if you are rejected once, your chances of being rejected a second time increases by about 60-70%.

Looking forward to assisting anyone with question here.

You are welcome.

Cheers
Hello, i was once denied a visa to ukraine but the agent never gave me a reason for the denial.I want to know if this is going to affect my canadian visa application and how should i explain it to the visa officer?