+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Goodmorning Omofar,

I want to thank you for everything you have been doing in this platform.
please I need your urgent assistance on my application. I have been refused a study visa on grounds of
*funding
*purpose of visit
*family ties in Nigeria.
Kindly contact me through my email address vivasprofile@gmail.com

I hope to hear from you, thanks.
Purpose of visit can mean dif things
What program are u going for and what degree do u already hav? Did u work at all? It could also.mean that your sop was poorly written. Until one he review your sop we can really say.
For fund how did u present your fund, how much did u show and did u pay tuition. Should u need any free assistance u can chat me +971554814385

omodara

Aug 28, 2019
Hello Omofar,
Let me start by appreciating your priceless effort which has made goals and dreams of my Nigerians come into realization. Without any form of exaggeration, many have gathered enough information from this platform which will definitely help them get their study permit without hitch. However, i need your counsel in certain area before i commence my application. Pleas sir, i will like to talk to you in Camera, this is my email, myseyime@yahoo.com or i can hook up with you on WhatsApp. 08066479565. Thank you in anticipation for your reply.

Last edited:

Enijessy

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Hello People

I Applied on paper at the vfs office in Lagos on the 25th of July. I only got a do not reply email containing my tracking number. How long do I have to wait before I get my uci and application number so I can link to GCkey account.
Class starts 4th of Sept
What school are you attending ? Mine also starts sept. 4 and I applied July 9th , send your WhatsApp number let’s talk .

exaucesk1

Aug 28, 2019
Hey I need help guys!! My Visa has been rejected on the following grounds for the second time.

*Purpose of Visit.
*Travel History.

Note that for the past 10 years I've studied in South Africa (High School and College) and I got accepted at a college in Canada to pursue the very same thing I studied in South Africa and for the past 10 years I've travelled back home atleast twice every year

exaucesk1

Aug 28, 2019
Hey I need help guys!! My Visa has been rejected on the following grounds for the second time.

*Purpose of Visit.
*Travel History.

Note that for the past 10 years I've studied in South Africa (High School and College) and I got accepted at a college in Canada to pursue the very same thing I studied in South Africa and for the past 10 years I've travelled back home at

exaucesk1

Aug 28, 2019

*Purpose of Visit.
*Travel History.

Note that for the past 10 years I've studied in South Africa (High School and College) and I got accepted at a college in Canada to pursue the very same thing I studied in South Africa and for the past 10 years I've travelled back home atleast twice a year

Nelis

Jul 6, 2019
Hi Omofar,
Well done for the good job you have been doing. From your experience, could you tell me what you think please? I am 37 and applying for a study visa to do a graduate certificate program in network security and analysis because of knowledge specialization at George brown college for 18mths. I already have a Msc. in Information Systems Management. Have over 13yrs work experience I am currently a CTO and our company has a contract to build a could data center across the country and i will be on study leave (this forms part of my SOP). I will be self funded from personal savings and investments (have investments in mutual funds of over 12m). I have also been to a number of countries (UK, US, Egypt, Dominican Republic, Milan, Dubai to attend meetings, training and holiday none exceeding a week. Max was two weeks. What are my chances of getting the study visa???

Last edited:

Teffyjones

Aug 29, 2019
I submitted June 28, and was called for biometrics July 1 which I completed on the 3rd of July, school resumes September 9, and up until now my eligibility has been on review, and background check is on review as well. Review of medicals says, I do not need medical exam, they’ll contact me if there’s any changes. I’m super worried because it’s been over 8weeks and I haven’t even gotten a response

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Omofar,
Well done for the good job you have been doing. From your experience, could you tell me what you think please? I am 37 and applying for a study visa to do a graduate certificate program in network security and analysis because of knowledge specialization at George brown college for 18mths. I already have a Msc. in Information Systems Management. Have over 13yrs work experience I am currently a CTO and our company has a contract to build a could data center across the country and i will be on study leave (this forms part of my SOP). I will be self funded from personal savings and investments (have investments in mutual funds of over 12m). I have also been to a number of countries (UK, US, Egypt, Dominican Republic, Milan, Dubai to attend meetings, training and holiday none exceeding a week. Max was two weeks. What are my chances of getting the study visa???
They look good on paper, I will not include the master's degree in your application.

All the best

Omofar (Theophilus1980@ygmail.com)

Leofranklyn

Aug 29, 2019
Please I'll need you help on this, I just received a visa refusal Letter from the embassy, can I reapply by next week without my passport since my passport is still with the embassy? Please I need reply ASAP

Leofranklyn

Aug 29, 2019
Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
Please I just received this message without my international passport so please can I reapply without my passport online?

Leofranklyn

Aug 29, 2019
Hello guys, just want to know if I can reapply without my international passport since it's still with the embassy? I got a refusal letter today and I just want to know if I should reapply immediately without my international passport

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys, just want to know if I can reapply without my international passport since it's still with the embassy? I got a refusal letter today and I just want to know if I should reapply immediately without my international passport
Hello LeoFranklyn,

Welcome to this thread. I am sorry to hear about the refusal.

I would suggest that you try to keep calm, and try to find out why your application was refused, attempt to rectify the issued raised before re-applying.

All the best.

Omofar