+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Brian prince

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Wait what's gckey
Did you apply online or paper?
If you applied paper you have to link your application to a gckey account.
If you applied online and don't know what it is, it means you used an agent, ask him about gckey he'll tell you your username and password so you can log in.
When you Log in check the status on review of eligibility

Ehjeerho

Jun 7, 2019
I just got denied the Canadian student visa on the grounds of family tires in canada n nigeria and not being sure i will come back after studies but there didn’t even send a letter. Help me, when can i reapply. I paid my fees already.
I'm so sorry about this. Please I want to ask.
Do they still deny after one receives the study permit approval?

Reactions: Seunfunmi07

Jotemsi

Jul 5, 2019
NOC Code......
A
Hello Omofar,

I've been diligently following your advice and I will soon be ready to submit my study permit application. I graduated with a degree in Pharmacy in 2012 and I've been working as a pharmacist since but now I intend to branch out (part of which involves being promoted to working as the branch manager of the mall where my pharmacy department is located which means I need to learn skills in retail management etc to boost my knowledge in assuming my new role and for when I start my own business) which is what prompted me to apply for a Business Certificate program (its not as expensive as an MBA and doesn't take as long as a diploma) which is another reason I chose it. A community pharmacist also has a hand in the day to day running of a pharmacy but handling a full fledged non drug retail business is a different thing entirely.

My supporting documents for the study permit have been generated via the online portal and are as follows:
1. Proof of funds: What I have available or which I will be able to provide in this section are My personal bank statement for the past 4 months, employment letter, study leave approval letter indicating my company's support of my studies and the resumption date of my new role after the studies, letter/gift deed from my dad indicating the cheque number and amount he's sent to my account to sponsor me/add on to the funds I already have (not sure if this should be certified or notarized) and a copy of his bank statement showing the deposit.

2. Digital photo
3. Request for medical exam: from what I've seen here, it's seems that I can do this upfront so I'll go ahead.

4. Letter of Acceptance: I have this, it also shows the tuition deposit I've paid already, so I believe I can upload the payment receipts/proof of payment?

5. Passport: The one I currently have will expire before the end of the study period so I intend to get a new one, is it alright to get a new one even though the current one hasn't expired and isn't all filled?

Finally, my letter of explanation. This is the trickiest part I think, but I believe I can reasonably demonstrate my ties since all my family members are here in Nigeria and I have the study leave and employment letters (as proof that I'll return after my studies). Are these reasons enough to demonstrate my ties to Nigeria?

Am I on the right track so far? Is there anything you see that I need to work on or that I need to include or anything that might adversely affect my chances.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers.

Seunfunmi07

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
No.. Just mention it on the study permit application form that you have been denied visa application in the past to UK and US, no stories.
Hello omafar
I submitted my passport upper week Friday and my cousin submitted hers last week Wednesday and hers has been stamped but im yet to receive any message. Is this normal

Mileyafolabi

Aug 12, 2019
Hello Omofar,

thank you for the help and guidance to people on this forum. You’re a blessing to us. I pray that God blesses you abundantly more than you can ever imagine. God bless you thank you I’m really pleased. Thank you so much ma/sir. Thank you.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Omofar,

I've been diligently following your advice and I will soon be ready to submit my study permit application. I graduated with a degree in Pharmacy in 2012 and I've been working as a pharmacist since but now I intend to branch out (part of which involves being promoted to working as the branch manager of the mall where my pharmacy department is located which means I need to learn skills in retail management etc to boost my knowledge in assuming my new role and for when I start my own business) which is what prompted me to apply for a Business Certificate program (its not as expensive as an MBA and doesn't take as long as a diploma) which is another reason I chose it. A community pharmacist also has a hand in the day to day running of a pharmacy but handling a full fledged non drug retail business is a different thing entirely.

My supporting documents for the study permit have been generated via the online portal and are as follows:
1. Proof of funds: What I have available or which I will be able to provide in this section are My personal bank statement for the past 4 months, employment letter, study leave approval letter indicating my company's support of my studies and the resumption date of my new role after the studies, letter/gift deed from my dad indicating the cheque number and amount he's sent to my account to sponsor me/add on to the funds I already have (not sure if this should be certified or notarized) and a copy of his bank statement showing the deposit.

2. Digital photo
3. Request for medical exam: from what I've seen here, it's seems that I can do this upfront so I'll go ahead.

4. Letter of Acceptance: I have this, it also shows the tuition deposit I've paid already, so I believe I can upload the payment receipts/proof of payment?

5. Passport: The one I currently have will expire before the end of the study period so I intend to get a new one, is it alright to get a new one even though the current one hasn't expired and isn't all filled?

Finally, my letter of explanation. This is the trickiest part I think, but I believe I can reasonably demonstrate my ties since all my family members are here in Nigeria and I have the study leave and employment letters (as proof that I'll return after my studies). Are these reasons enough to demonstrate my ties to Nigeria?

Am I on the right track so far? Is there anything you see that I need to work on or that I need to include or anything that might adversely affect my chances.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers.
Hello Jotesmi,

I hope well. I am happy you are doing your due diligence. These things you have brought up all look to be in good order. Just try to focus on the main three issues with the VO, Purpose of visit, Adequate Funding and Demonstration of intention to return to home country.

I wish you the very best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello omafar
I submitted my passport upper week Friday and my cousin submitted hers last week Wednesday and hers has been stamped but im yet to receive any message. Is this normal
Hello Seunfunmi07,

Please stop worrying about your passport, it will come.

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greetings Friends,

Hope well.

I have another success story. It is quite unique because the person and I met on this platform, till today the person and I have never physically met each other, the person's initial application had been rejected, we worked together, in-fact until early hours of this morning we had lost hope because the correspondence letter came in yesterday.

But today, right now we are rejoicing. Glory be to God.

Online Submission: 17th of July
Review of Eligibility: 1st of August
Correspondence Letter: 12th August
Passport Request: 13th August.

Visa Stamping: Awaiting

Congratulations to @Ospinto_1234

To God alone be all the glory.

Let's hear your positive stories too.

All the best.

Omofar..

Emmyarome

Jul 5, 2019
Greetings Friends,

Hope well.

I have another success story. It is quite unique because the person and I met on this platform, till today the person and I have never physically met each other, the person's initial application had been rejected, we worked together, in-fact until early hours of this morning we had lost hope because the correspondence letter came in yesterday.

But today, right now we are rejoicing. Glory be to God.

Online Submission: 17th of July
Review of Eligibility: 1st of August
Correspondence Letter: 12th August
Passport Request: 13th August.

Visa Stamping: Awaiting

Congratulations to @Ospinto_1234

To God alone be all the glory.

Let's hear your positive stories too.

All the best.

Omofar..
@ omafor.
God bless you for this your selfless service to us. I applied on 3 July, did biometrics on 4th July and just this morning I got my correspondence letter. Is this a good sign or what should I expect next? God bless you

Reactions: Omofar