+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Seunfunmi07

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
I honestly do not have any clue. The Canadian study permit application process is the most unpredictable I am aware of. However the fact that since may your biometrics has been updated and you are yet to hear from them, I am a bit concerned, because I applied for two candidates on the 16th and 17th of May 2019 and they have since collected their visas, and will be traveling soon.

Let's know how it goes.

All the best.

Omofar
Hello I got my biometrics correspondence letter and my medicals passed today what does it mean?

May 16, 2019
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
Hi
Please are this document really important for Canadian student visa undergraduate program.
Employment letter.
Promotion letter.
Personal bank statement
Sponsorship letter
Sponsor account statement.
Please how really important is this document for reapplication of student visa.

Seunfunmi07

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Hi,

The further away a third-party is from an applicant biologically, the more difficult it is to prove a close relationship that justifies the significant amount of funds to be expended on the applicant..

The VO always wants to know why a third party would be invested so much in an applicant's study to want to spend so much. A straight forward answer is Father-Child relationship, Spouse-Spouse relationship. Any other relationship must be properly explained and justified or else it is a waste of time especially in your case where you are a mature applicant. The best way to show third party sponsor would be for you to have paid all of your tuition for the 1st year of study, have all third-party sponsors who are not direct relatives pay the money into your account, and then you explain the source of the funds to the embassy by stating where you got the funds from.

Please note this is my personal opinion, you are free to proceed as you see fit.

All the best.

Omofar.
Hello I got my biometrics correspondence letter and my medicals passed today what does it mean?

Ace__

Jul 8, 2019
Hello guys, I have a question. I’m filling My application online and it’s not letting me sign the downloaded form in adobe. Do I have to sign it or is it not needed?
I keep seeing conflicting information. I would appreciate a response from anyone who’s submitted pls

Blije

May 3, 2019
Hello guys, I have a question. I’m filling My application online and it’s not letting me sign the downloaded form in adobe. Do I have to sign it or is it not needed?
I keep seeing conflicting information. I would appreciate a response from anyone who’s submitted pls
Ahhh... signing it is a must o
Try whatever means you can... maybe by using another version of adobe reader

Ace__

Jul 8, 2019
Ahhh... signing it is a must o
Try whatever means you can... maybe by using another version of adobe reader
I have tried different versions but still same thing. Did you submit online? And if you did how did you sign it?
Cheers

Blije

May 3, 2019
I have tried different versions but still same thing. Did you submit online? And if you did how did you sign it?
Cheers
I didn’t submit online but IRCC instructs that applicant must sign and date all forms accordingly... if you’re using a cyber cafe, try another place

Ayo787

Feb 18, 2019
Today at 10:43 AM
I applied for September 2019 Canada intake and I was refused of visa based on the following:
1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
2. Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
3. Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.
4. Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications can be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Please can someone help on this?
Thanks.
From which country did you apply from?