+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

Blije

May 3, 2019
Yes I applied on the 22nd of june and the requested for my passport on the 11th of july. Just to be sure if they request for my passport does it mean they're going to give me the visa and how long does it take for them to return the passport?
Did you apply online?
And from Nigeria?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMOFAR
I NEED YOUR URGENT ADVICE AND HELP IN REDRAFTING A STRONG SOP. I APPLIED FOR GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF PUBLIC POLICY. I HAVE A MASTERS IN BANKING IN FINANCE. AND A FIRST DEGREE IN ECONOMICS, I AM 40 WITH 13 YEARS EXPERIENCE.
I GOT A REJECTION LETTER TODAY WITH ONLY ONE REASON AND I WANT TO REAPPLY. I AM TRYING TO GET A PR IN CANADA TO APPLY FOR GCMS NOTE FOR ME. I ATTACHED INTRO LETTER FROM MY ORGANIZATION , MANY LAND DOCUMENTS, STATEMENT OF ACCT WITH 6.5M, MARRIAGAE CERT, 3 CHILDREN BIRTH CERTIFICATES, PICTURE OF MY FAMILY, PENSION FUNDS OF OVER 7M
BUT IN THE INTERIM, WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO.???

SEE THE ONLY REASON STATED BELOW

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
Hello Moerariq,

I hope well. Thank you for visiting this thread.

I am sorry to hear about the refusal of your application. It is my assumption that you put all these info in your initial application if yes, I am sorry to say there is nothing much I can do at this point. Please try to refer to my post on self assessment for study permit. Your profile is very high risk and you are unlikely to get a study permit approved.

1. Age: I cannot mention it enough on this thread. Age is a big factor in determining who gets visa approval. If at 40 you were applying for a PhD, your chances would have been much better, but for a graduate certificate, the chances are much slimmer.

2. Academic Progression: You already have a Masters degree in Economics and now you want to pursue a graduate certificate. The VO will not see any academic progression here and unfortunately would not be convinced that your sole purpose is for study.

3. Pension funds are not easily accessible as you may already know, until retirement age of 60 or 65. So the VO knows this. The VO is wondering that after 13 years of full time work experience why would you want to go and study for a graduate certificate degree regardless of its relevant to your current or past work experience.

I would suggest you order for your CAIPS/GCMS notes to see specifically the issues raised against your profile and try to address them accurately. I would also say you should try get into a PhD program, that will give you a better chance. Finally, the socio-economic climate in Nigeria now is very unstable, the growing political tension in the country is at dangerous and alarming levels. 3 of my clients were at VFS Lekki yesterday, and they spent the whole day there, because of the multitude of people who are applying to escape the country. This can only lead to one thing, increased percentages of visa rejections. The VOs are all aware of this, so any application that looks suspicious would be immediately stepped down.

I sincerely wish you all the best.

Omofar

ona0

Jul 13, 2019
Did you apply online?
And from Nigeria?
yes all i went to vfs in Lagos for was bio-metrics (oh and to drop the passport when they requested for it). I did my medicals upfront applied 22nd and the medicals were passed 27th

Blije

May 3, 2019

Tbvhh when i got the correspondence about bio-metrics I was already crying that it was a rejection because a decision was coming so soon. it was all God!
Congrats dear
It’s indeed God’s doing

Reactions: ona0

mzjokky

Apr 25, 2019
what is my chance of getting canada study permit visa after getting funding from school for my masters degree, my father will be supporting me with 10million naira for the masters degree program for the two years
i have submitted my application for 4weeks now but no response.
i am 26 years old, no study gap, i have been to college of education where i studied yoruba language and music, studied linguistics for degree, gotten masters degree admission in linguistics with funding in canada, finished nysc march 2019, i applied for study permit june 2019 and no response yet. im worried.

Reactions: Blije

mzjokky

Apr 25, 2019
d
Yes I applied on the 22nd of june and the requested for my passport on the 11th of july. Just to be sure if they request for my passport does it mean they're going to give me the visa and how long does it take for them to return the passport?
did you get medical request before passport request

ona0

Jul 13, 2019
d

did you get medical request before passport request
I did my medicals upfront. if you're going for a work or study visa you can do your medicals upfront so they already have it and don't have to ask you fro it. It usually takes time to book an appointment with the approved hospitals due to large volume of people applying for visa. so if you wait till the ask for it you will just be making the whole process longer. If you have already submitted you application then you have to wait for them to ask for it.

toffgong

Apr 15, 2019
Thanks for all your efforts

i am 25 years old and already got admitted to study computer science as an undergraduate in a DLI in Canada, i did not start my secondary school early thats why i am getting my bsc at this age. but i learnt programming during this period
i finished secondary school 2017, i have been working at a tech firm since then and earning an average of 300k monthly, now i have about 8 million in my account, my boss is willing to let me go out to study and when i return my job will be waiting for me with bigger pay, i have assistance from my cousin who lives in Europe and works as an engineer, i own a soap making business and got a full time scholarship from a registered foundation.

i have never traveled before

what do i need to do right before applying

toffgong

Apr 15, 2019
since you have a business and you claim theres a bigger job waiting for you after you grad, get a letter stating so from your employer

submit it together with an sop and you should be fine

what assistance from your cousin? financial? might not be such a good idea. best to find someone closer in relation to you for that
so the age is not a problem??
what if i show proof of relationship with my cousin

toffgong

Apr 15, 2019
ofc age is not a problem unless you are say 40 yrs old and applying to college or something. then maybe yes the vo will be highly suspecting of your true intentions

how old is your cousin? is he married? cause its much less likely that a cousin will be willing to finance someone compared to say a parent.
i was thinking the scholarship would be enough to convince the vo

Daniel4ogaga

Jul 17, 2019
Hi Omofar,
Am about to apply for study application in Canada.
I made some estimates in expenses, please confirm if it's correct for me
EXPENSE SUMMARY
ACCOMMODATION.........$10,100 (INCLUDING MEALS)
PERSONAL EXPENSES.....$3,500
BOOKS..........$1,500
STUDENT FEE.......$1,050

Please is this estimate ok?

Thanks.

ona0

Jul 13, 2019
Good Day mr omofar, my study visa just got approved but now my parents have decided they'd like to accompany me to school. But it keeps asking them for their inviters address and a letter from the inviter. but i am still in nigeria so what do I do