+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

longw

Jun 18, 2019
Good day everyone

Please I need some clarifications in completing the imm1294e form

1. Have you taken a test from a designated testing agency to assess your proficiency in English or French, should I answer Yes to this question considering that I took IELTS General test last year and it's not related to this application

2. Under the Cost of my studies;
i. Should I indicate the cost of year tuition or two years tuition since its a two year program
ii. If a year tuition would be paid, should I still include the one year paid tuition as part of Funds available for my stay in CAD
iii. what amount should I declare under Room and Boards
iv. What amount should i declare under Others

Thanks for your responses

dconesoko

Mar 28, 2019
For your IELTS you can choose to declare it or not. The tuition fees must be for a year and the declared amount must commensurate with the amount in your sponsor's account.

Elvisayo

Jul 2, 2019
Hi, good morning
Please I want to confirm my chances of CIC approving my study permit, I applied last month online and I’ve submitted all the required documents and also about to do my biometrics, my sponsor’s (husband) account statement had a balance of 4 million with cash inflow of 29 million, the school I applied to is starting their first semester by 4th September, do I have a chance?

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day everyone

Please I need some clarifications in completing the imm1294e form

1. Have you taken a test from a designated testing agency to assess your proficiency in English or French, should I answer Yes to this question considering that I took IELTS General test last year and it's not related to this application
Yes you can put it the form, but it really does not really matter.

Good day everyone

2. Under the Cost of my studies;
i. Should I indicate the cost of year tuition or two years tuition since its a two year program
ii. If a year tuition would be paid, should I still include the one year paid tuition as part of Funds available for my stay in CAD
iii. what amount should I declare under Room and Boards
iv. What amount should i declare under Others

Thanks for your responses
i. You are to indicate the cost of tuition for the 1st year only.
ii. Once you have made payment for the first year, you only need to show the amount for living costs for a year in your account. If you can show more if you have it.
iii. $12,000CAD is sufficient depending on which province of destination
iv. $0CAD

All the best.

Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, good morning
Please I want to confirm my chances of CIC approving my study permit, I applied last month online and I’ve submitted all the required documents and also about to do my biometrics, my sponsor’s (husband) account statement had a balance of 4 million with cash inflow of 29 million, the school I applied to is starting their first semester by 4th September, do I have a chance?
Hello Elvisayo,

I honestly cannot say.

I wish you all the best.

Omofar.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied on March 5th and haven’t even gotten a medical request is this a bad sign
Hi,

Sadly it is..:(:(

Nevertheless, let us wait and hear what they say. Your application could have gone to either Nairobi or London. If London, those guys are very brutal.

Let's know how it goes.

All the best.

Omofar

May 6, 2019
Hi,

Sadly it is..:(:(

Nevertheless, let us wait and hear what they say. Your application could have gone to either Nairobi or London. If London, those guys are very brutal.

Let's know how it goes.

All the best.

Omofar
Is it possible to withdraw and apply from within Canada do you think it’s a good idea

longw

Jun 18, 2019
Yes you can put it the form, but it really does not really matter.

i. You are to indicate the cost of tuition for the 1st year only.
ii. Once you have made payment for the first year, you only need to show the amount for living costs for a year in your account. If you can show more if you have it.
iii. $12,000CAD is sufficient depending on which province of destination
iv. $0CAD

All the best.

Omofar
Thank you so much

Please I will be going for Graduate Certificate Program in a College, but I can't find it among the options under: "My Level of Study will be:" drop down

The closest I can find is College-Certificate, should I pick that or pick Other studies

Last edited: