+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Challenges for Nigerian Applicants

no.cap.alex

Apr 10, 2019
Just got denied my first application, applied on 18th April after getting correspondence letter two days ago.

Based on

Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

I believe basically, my proof of funds wasn’t strong, how can I reapply and make it strong like what documents should I present

Need help, I plan to reapply before June 1.
So I would still make it September fall term

Reactions: Ayeni babajide

Onyeomanacanada

Jul 24, 2018
Category........
Just got denied my first application, applied on 18th April after getting correspondence letter two days ago.

Based on

Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

I believe basically, my proof of funds wasn’t strong, how can I reapply and make it strong like what documents should I present

So sorry for that. I think it's better you request for your gcms note, take your time to tackle the reason for denial before reapplying .

Bricekemayou

May 8, 2019
Hello Brickemayou,

Thanks for visiting this thread. That time frame still looks well within the time frame. You may not hear from them for another 2 months. It depends on how busy they are.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best

Omofar
Wrote to the embassy and received this !!

We confirm that your file has been received at our office in Dakar. Your file is pending revision by an immigration officer.

Once a file is received at our office, it is processed chronologically based on the original reception date.

We will communicate with you by email when we will review your file in order to request additional information.

What the meaning pls!
Is there a diff between application in process and application pending revision!?

Tripps

Apr 12, 2019
Hello Trips,

Happy Easter.

Your profile is still not convincing, a Canadian officer may think other wise, but I would strongly advise against applying for a study permit, I do not think it will fly. Perhaps you should consider the Express Entry route, you have the right age, you just need to locate an NOC code that would match your work experience, it must be a class 0, A or B job.

I am sorry I don't have more encouraging news, you may give it a go ahead, who knows, you may find favour with the visa officer.

All the best.

Omofar
I'd like to have your personal email or your number please. Thanks

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018

Based on

We can still tackle this before your note

How much exactly do you presented as raw cash ? And how much is your tuition fee as well .

Reactions: no.cap.alex

no.cap.alex

Apr 10, 2019
We can still tackle this before your note

How much exactly do you presented as raw cash ? And how much is your tuition fee as well .
Tuition fee is 17000 cad a year, it was transferred to my account from my sponsor for my first year Tuition fee,
I’m just 20, I didn’t have good amount in my account before it was transferred

My sponsor just had about 5m in his own account to sponsor my living expenses for the year, with very good inflow

But, true that I have to work on my fund

I believe my proof of funds is the main reason for regection

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
Tuition fee is 17000 cad a year, it was transferred to my account from my sponsor for my first year Tuition fee,
I’m just 20, I didn’t have good amount in my account before it was transferred

My sponsor just had about 5m in his own account to sponsor my living expenses for the year, with very good inflow

But, true that I have to work on my fund

I believe my proof of funds is the main reason for regection

Honestly speaking your personal account is ok but am concern of your sponsore liquid cash is not enough to convince the vo's that your sponsore is fianacialy strong or explain well by breaking it down to them how he is going to raise the rest tuition fee and also take care of his own family. Like show a strong source of income where money is coming in and other evidence as proof of financial support. Also it's allow to have more than one sponsore like if you have other relation that can support and have good amount in his or her account you can still use the both and get there letter of support and affidavit.

Reactions: no.cap.alex

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
Honestly speaking your personal account is ok but am concern of your sponsore liquid cash is not enough to convince the vo's that your sponsore is fianacialy strong or explain well by breaking it down to them how he is going to raise the rest tuition fee and also take care of his own family. Like show a strong source of income where money is coming in and other evidence as proof of financial support. Also it's allow to have more than one sponsore like if you have other relation that can support and have good amount in his or her account you can still use the both and get there letter of support and affidavit.

Do you apply through agent ?

no.cap.alex

Apr 10, 2019
yeah, thats what i plan to do, get a stronger sponsor, but should i pay maybe like part of my tuition fees, though im not told to on my acceptance letter.
and please what are the required docs from your sponsor