+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit - Applying online

lupomar

May 10, 2019
After 20 days, I'm still waiting for a reply. I can read consulting my application status: "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you".
In the processing time they wrote that it was within 3 weeks. the time is going to finish...

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
1. 20 days is less than three weeks.

2. The three week estimate is an estimate. Many applications will take longer.

lupomar

May 10, 2019
1. You were right, today is the 22th days, so that we are after 3 weeks + 1 day.;)

2. This is the message that I obtained checking the processing time on official website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Study permit
Italy

3 weeks

You may need to give biometrics with your application.
This processing time doesn’t include:

• the time it takes to send an application between a VAC and our office
  • the time you need to give your biometrics
Then obviously the process can be longer, I'm just writing here about my experience to help next applicants. In my case, it is taking longer.

lupomar

May 10, 2019
Update.

Today my son has gone to VFS Global at viale Regina Margherita 177 in Rome.

He had:
- the appointment confirmation letter
- his passport
- the letter we received from Canadian Authorities that the biumetrics were due.

He is Under 18 and we were not there. They asked him also a liberatory that I had to fullfil as his parent. Fortunately they accepted that we will send this document by email. We made it while he was there and everything was made.

Reactions: k.h.p.

lupomar

May 10, 2019
Today in VFS Website checking my tracking:

Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office, Rome on 10/06/2019.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

lupomar

May 10, 2019
Hi to everyone,
Finally I received today the Study permit! I can finally be happy and have the good mood to write here again.
It was a really hard work, I reasume what's happened in these weeks.
On 12 of June I received the news that my son study permit that i asked online was refused. I was astonished, but after reading the letter I understand that I made a great error: I sent them only the page 1 of the Custodianship Declaration (IMM5621), it was completed with the name and the sign of the person that has to look over my son during his stay and there was also the sign and stam of a Notary. But it was not enough! I didn't understand that before, but it is necessary also the page 2 with the sign of my wife and me and the sign and stamp of an Italian Notary.
Anyway being afraid to wrong something, I preferred to prepare all documents and sent them to VSF office to present a card declaration. I had to pay again the fee of 150 CAN and send all documents by courier to Rome office. After my first shipping they controlled the documentation but they see that I didn't put the pictures. In the facts in the document checklist 5483 you can see at the end of the p. 1: Note: if you are required to provide biometric fingerprints and photo you are not required to include paper photos with your application.
Anyway on Friday 21th of June my paper application was registered. Today after less than 2 weeks I received the study permit and this nightmare is finally finished.

It is umbelievable that for an Italian schoolboy yet accepted by the School and by the Official family homestay, with the original notarized Custodianship Declaration, with an Italian Passport with finger and pictures, we were forced to make all this burocracy preparing documents and sending my son to Rome for Biometrics. We have been treated as refugee.

lupomar

May 10, 2019
After 2 yeras I'm here again to send the online study permit request for my daughter, she is 17. Unfortunately she can't go to NZ as she wonted, because Rotary decided on 30 of March to stop the Internationa Excahnge Students Program, so that we were forced to fall back to Canada again.
My son was happy with his experience but to complete the insane quantity of documents that Canada asks is crazy for me.
Now I'm trying desperately to complete the online study permit but I can't understand why in the list of the requested documents there isn't the custodianship. I thied to call and write everywere without any clarification. Could please anyone help me?