+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY PERMIT - APPLIED ON OCTOBER 2020

Nadeemcadxb

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hi guys anyone here who applied for May Intake? What is the status of your application? Mine is waitinggggg for final decision hehe. Got my BVL on Oct 20!
Hello, I am taking the May Intake. I have applied on 28 Oct (Non-SDS) but still on eligibility review. I did not do the Biometric because I had in 2019 for visit visa. I have applied from Dubai/UAE so medical is not required.

Which country have you applied from?

How was your process, I mean can you please advise the timelines on each point starting from eligibility till the final approval?

I am interested to know how do you receive the update after they complete the eligibility.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Nadeemcadxb

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hey i don’t get an award or anything for lying on a public forum, i have been in this forum from 2017. Also i would like to add further information that i was already having a student permit till Aug2020. I got my first approval in 2017 and came back in 2018 due to health reasons. Since my permit expired while i was outside Canada i had no option other than applying for student permit all over again. All my previous posts from 2017 can be found from my profile. Hope this clears your suspicions, if not i can’t and i don’t need to prove anything to random strangers on a forum. Just submitted my passport today for 2-way courier for stamping and moving on with my life. Peace out.
Dear, Can you please advise if you have done biometric earlier then do you still receive the BVL for new application. I mean, do you still get BVL if you don't give biometric for current application or BVL only comes for first time biometric only?

yenice

Sep 14, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-10-2022
Nomination.....
17-10-2022
AOR Received.
30-10-2022
Hello, I am taking the May Intake. I have applied on 28 Oct (Non-SDS) but still on eligibility review. I did not do the Biometric because I had in 2019 for visit visa. I have applied from Dubai/UAE so medical is not required.

Which country have you applied from?

How was your process, I mean can you please advise the timelines on each point starting from eligibility till the final approval?

I am interested to know how do you receive the update after they complete the eligibility.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Hi! I have not received the approval yet. But I already received BVL. Below is my timeline.

Application submitted: Oct 1
Bio: Oct 2
No Medical: Currently in UAE but lodged in PH regular app
Received BVL: Oct 20
Let us keep in touch May intake :)

ataur.rahman1

Dec 8, 2020
Applied: On 7th Oct 2020
Biometric: On 2nd December 2020
Refusal: on 7th Dec 2020
Reason for refusal: Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, financial ability, and/or your future prospects and plans.

Is it advisable to reapply? Considering, classes are going to start in just 27 days from now?

Laml_aml

Apr 20, 2020
Reason for refusal: Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, financial ability, and/or your future prospects and plans.

Is it advisable to reapply? Considering, classes are going to start in just 27 days from now?
Which category? Which course? You missed to attach your marks sheets while applying for study permit?

Reactions: ataur.rahman1

Laml_aml

Apr 20, 2020
I attached marksheet, but later they also asked for original transcripts along with IELTS scores, which I uploaded on the portal, IELTS wasn't required in my DLI college, I got exemption because I studied in a English Medium College, I justified this point but Visa officer ignored.
Okay. But I think IELTS is mandatory! I'm not sure about it though.

annacan12

Dec 9, 2020
Category: SDS
Application date: October 23, 2020
BIL: October 24, 2020
Eligibility: Application in progress. Eligibility hasn't started being reviewed yet
Medicals: You do not need medical exam (Gave it upfront in September though)
Biometrics: December 1, 2020 Completed
Background Check: Being processed
Final decision: Nothing yet, its just written that application is in progress

yenice

Sep 14, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-10-2022
Nomination.....
17-10-2022
AOR Received.
30-10-2022
Biometric Done: 4 december
Eligibility review started + medical update + BVL: all together on 8 December 7 Pm IST
OPR: 9 December 1Am IST
Non SDS category applied from India
Congratulations!

Reactions: putkarshh

xoox

Nov 26, 2020
Biometric Done: 4 december
Eligibility review started + medical update + BVL: all together on 8 December 7 Pm IST
OPR: 9 December 1Am IST
Non SDS category applied from India
Congratulations.. That's very fast. Even one of my known received PPR last week. All his updates (Eligibility/Medical/Approval) happened on the same day. He applied in Oct'20 Mid for Jan'21 intake. So, what I could understand is that for India folks the pending updates are happening simultaneously once the Biometric gets over.

gauravbtn

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020

Since the current processing time is 32 weeks, I do not think it's advisable to reapply if classes start in 27days. Next batch joining should be considered. That said, I am unaware how much time they take to process applications which are re-applied.
Also, as per details provided by you, it seems you did not attach all marksheets, did not provide enough proof of funds, letter of explanation was not satisfactory (explaining future plans, reason of change of course of study, etc.) I would suggest to go through your's country's required documents before reapplying.

Good luck!

Reactions: ataur.rahman1

asifhamza

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Hi! I have not received the approval yet. But I already received BVL. Below is my timeline.

Application submitted: Oct 1
Bio: Oct 2
No Medical: Currently in UAE but lodged in PH regular app
Received BVL: Oct 20
Let us keep in touch May intake :)
Applied from uae?