+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY PERMIT - APPLIED ON OCTOBER 2020

Stay_Humble

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
It got updated on the portal. Didn't get any email.

Our timeline is as follows:

Applied complete file: Oct 25th, 2020 for both SP and SOWP
Category: SDS
BIL for SP and SOWP: Oct 26th, 2020
Medicals done - Before applying
Biometrics for SP - Dec 4th, 2020
Biometrics for SOWP - Pending
Medicals updated: 15th December 2020
Eligibility review started for both SP and SOWP: 15th December 2020
BVL: Waiting
PPR: Waiting
Thanks for sharing the timeline.

Glad to see movement for atleast 1 applicant under SDS who applied in or after Oct '20.

All the very best buddy, hope you hear good news soon :)

Reactions: rajsingh1710

rajsingh1710

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
Thanks for sharing the timeline.

Glad to see movement for atleast 1 applicant under SDS who applied in or after Oct '20.

All the very best buddy, hope you hear good news soon :)
Thank you :) Wish you the best as well.

Do you know how soon after the medicals have passed/eligibility started would we get our PPR?

In our case, only the SP would get the PPR since SOWP is yet to give biometric.

Stay_Humble

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Thank you :) Wish you the best as well.

Do you know how soon after the medicals have passed/eligibility started would we get our PPR?

In our case, only the SP would get the PPR since SOWP is yet to give biometric.

Quiet frankly, considering you had given the bio on 4ht Dec, you should have received the BVL, then PPR should follow.

Although nothing is certain for now since the files are being processed differently at different locations.

The eligibility has started for you means a VO has picked up your file and is working on it actively, which is a positive sign.

Stay_Humble

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
As long as there is movement and it is in the positive direction, its all good. Do keep me posted please with your updates.

Btw heres my timeline:

Upfront Med: 30th Sept
SDS Application: 16th Oct
Completed Bio: 2nd Nov

Eligibility is yet to start for me.

rajsingh1710

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018

Quiet frankly, considering you had given the bio on 4ht Dec, you should have received the BVL, then PPR should follow.

Although nothing is certain for now since the files are being processed differently at different locations.

The eligibility has started for you means a VO has picked up your file and is working on it actively, which is a positive sign.

Good to know. Thank you.

Yeah, and it does look like the files are being processed at different locations. I was told SDS applications are processed in Canada. We have applied in SDS too.

And if the VO has touched the file today a few hours back - that means it is processed in India. Just guessing.

Reactions: Stay_Humble

Stay_Humble

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Good to know. Thank you.

Yeah, and it does look like the files are being processed at different locations. I was told SDS applications are processed in Canada. We have applied in SDS too.

And if the VO has touched the file today a few hours back - that means it is processed in India. Just guessing.
You are absolutely correct although I think you got the update in the day today since your medical was updated on the portal and it was probably given in India and an officer has updated that from here.

Going forward, I feel your file would be processed in Canada itself considering you applied under SDS. We can only be sure once you receive the BVL since that would contain the details for the office processing your file.

You should get updates later in the evening today or before 4 AM tomorrow if my theory is correct.

Do let me know as well :)

Stay_Humble

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Good to know. Thank you.

Also if you could confirm for my reference, have you raised any webform till now asking about medical updation or review to start?

rajsingh1710

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
You are absolutely correct although I think you got the update in the day today since your medical was updated on the portal and it was probably given in India and an officer has updated that from here.

Going forward, I feel your file would be processed in Canada itself considering you applied under SDS. We can only be sure once you receive the BVL since that would contain the details for the office processing your file.

You should get updates later in the evening today or before 4 AM tomorrow if my theory is correct.

Do let me know as well :)
For sure. I will keep you posted.

Thank you again.

rajsingh1710

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
Also if you could confirm for my reference, have you raised any webform till now asking about medical updation or review to start?
Yes, we did raise a couple of webforms. Once for updating/sharing feedback on the medicals since we did not have a great experience. The doctor suspected me of glaucoma, I am all good and our medicals are passed too but we had to make sure we share the details with them.

And once to update a minor missing section of the name in regional language form.

Stay_Humble

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Yes, we did raise a couple of webforms. Once for updating/sharing feedback on the medicals since we did not have a great experience. The doctor suspected me of glaucoma, I am all good and our medicals are passed too but we had to make sure we share the details with them.

And once to update a minor missing section of the name in regional language form.
Thanks a ton for the update buddy, really appreciate it.

I would keep you posted with my updates as well for sure :)

Have a good one (Y)

Nadeemcadxb

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
It got updated on the portal. Didn't get any email.

Our timeline is as follows:

Applied complete file: Oct 25th, 2020 for both SP and SOWP
Category: SDS
BIL for SP and SOWP: Oct 26th, 2020
Medicals done - Before applying
Biometrics for SP - Dec 4th, 2020
Biometrics for SOWP - Pending
Medicals updated: 15th December 2020
Eligibility review started for both SP and SOWP: 15th December 2020
BVL: Waiting
PPR: Waiting
Can you please share exact wording on your "eligibility" section, Thank you