Study Permit Applied in April 2019

ELIF#1

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
So happy to know about approved cases, Congratulations

I applied on 15 March from Pakistan for a study permit
received biometric validity letter on 25 March
and still waiting and showing BC.
Previously the processing time was seven weeks and today its showing eight weeks.
Can anyone tell me how much time do they take for background check??

Reactions: k3vzz

k3vzz

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
So happy to know about approved cases, Congratulations

I applied on 15 March from Pakistan for a study permit
received biometric validity letter on 25 March
and still waiting and showing BC.
Previously the processing time was seven weeks and today its showing eight weeks.
Can anyone tell me how much time do they take for background check??
Its always on process for me

ziyaan.j

May 11, 2019
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
29-04-2019
Hello everyone,
I created this thread so that we all can connect and get an idea about the time ircc takes to process the files.
My timeline is:
Applied on : 10 April (SDS-Online)
Medicals: Upfront
Biometrics update request: 11 April
Biometrics submitted : 15 April
Biometrics on transit to Bangalore VAC :16 April

Only background is in process.
did you have your medical before applying or few days before applying?

ziyaan.j

May 11, 2019
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
29-04-2019
Medicals were done upfront.
and did you upload the results before you submitted? because 4 days after applying for my study permit, i proceeded to do the medical exam without any notice or info from IRCC. My results were sent to IRCC through eMedical and i do have the copy as well. It is technically an Upfront exam, and on the 7th of May, i received information from IRCC to do the medical. So i don't know if the results have been received by IRCC. In addition to that, is there a way to send my eMedical form and results as proof? and will this affect my application?

k3vzz

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Bro where did you get passport request?
In mail or in gc account message?
Every message regarding your application will be sent in GCKey only. When you receive a mail in GCKey, a message will be sent to your email(gmail,hotmail,etc) with subject "You have a new message in your account for application: xxxxxxxxxx(Application Number)" which will let you know that you have a message in GCKey. It is also suggested to login GCKey account and check because the mails are sometimes delayed or sent late.

Last edited:

k3vzz

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
and did you upload the results before you submitted? because 4 days after applying for my study permit, i proceeded to do the medical exam without any notice or info from IRCC. My results were sent to IRCC through eMedical and i do have the copy as well. It is technically an Upfront exam, and on the 7th of May, i received information from IRCC to do the medical. So i don't know if the results have been received by IRCC. In addition to that, is there a way to send my eMedical form and results as proof? and will this affect my application?
Oooh! I suggest you to use Web Forms to contact IRCC. For others, Try to do medicals either before you apply and submit the scanned file while applying or when they request you to do so.

ziyaan.j

May 11, 2019
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
29-04-2019
Oooh! I suggest you to use Web Forms to contact IRCC. For others, Try to do medicals either before you apply and submit the scanned file while applying or when they request you to do so.
I did! how long will it take on average?

ramimedhat

May 26, 2018
Nope, this is my 6th week and the processing time is also 6 weeks for KSA. If I don't get it by Thursday, I'll send in an enquiry. Still stuck on background check. What about you?
I hope you get it soon! let me know how it goes... I am still on week 4 of 14 so I still got a super long way to go :D