+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Applied in April 2019

Nicoleef

May 3, 2019
Same boat. In UK submitted biometrics Feb 18th. Nothing since. Let me know if contacting them by phone helps! Good luck.
Did you get a medical done or do an IELTS test? Initially we thought it was taking long because my partner is applying for a study visa and I’m his common-law partner asking for a work permit. And yes will let you know the outcome tomorrow, good luck to you too!

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Did you get a medical done or do an IELTS test? Initially we thought it was taking long because my partner is applying for a study visa and I’m his common-law partner asking for a work permit. And yes will let you know the outcome tomorrow, good luck to you too!
We didnt require the IELTS or a medical. I am doing the same as you tho. I have applied for a study permit and my husband a work permit. I hope they give you some information tomorrow it's frustrating waiting so long eh.

Nicoleef

May 3, 2019
We didnt require the IELTS or a medical. I am doing the same as you tho. I have applied for a study permit and my husband a work permit. I hope they give you some information tomorrow it's frustrating waiting so long eh.
That’s what I thought, it’s the same for us. I am glad we aren’t the only ones but yes it is frustrating, I will be sure to let you know what they say tomorrow and whether you should also give them a call. Good luck!

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
That’s what I thought, it’s the same for us. I am glad we aren’t the only ones but yes it is frustrating, I will be sure to let you know what they say tomorrow and whether you should also give them a call. Good luck!
It is good to know someone else is cause I haven't seen many other people on here applying from the UK so hard to compare.
Thanks for that. Much appreciated x

Nicoleef

May 3, 2019
It is good to know someone else is cause I haven't seen many other people on here applying from the UK so hard to compare.
Thanks for that. Much appreciated x
Soooooooo they basically said, on the phone, that they only deal with paper applications not online ones and told us to submit a web form to the London office. Not much help. So my partner has submitted two separated forms one for him and one for me online. I think it said it can take 2-5 days. Sorry it wasn’t much help :(

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Soooooooo they basically said, on the phone, that they only deal with paper applications not online ones and told us to submit a web form to the London office. Not much help. So my partner has submitted two separated forms one for him and one for me online. I think it said it can take 2-5 days. Sorry it wasn’t much help :(
Hopeless eh. Thanks for letting me know though.
I have myself just submitted a web form before you posted this...see if anything comes from it. Nothing did from my first except for them saying it was being processed and advising that visas done outside of Canada have a standard 2 month target that they work to.
I wouldn't mind of my account process stages updated or changed but nothing does not even the biometrics required. It just shows that they are working on my background check and has for weeks and weeks.

Nicoleef

May 3, 2019
Hopeless eh. Thanks for letting me know though.
I have myself just submitted a web form before you posted this...see if anything comes from it. Nothing did from my first except for them saying it was being processed and advising that visas done outside of Canada have a standard 2 month target that they work to.
I wouldn't mind of my account process stages updated or changed but nothing does not even the biometrics required. It just shows that they are working on my background check and has for weeks and weeks.
Well it’s been over three months now which is crazy! Let me know if you hear of anything from the web form and I’ll let you know when and if we hear too. My web form said 2-5 days but my partners was up to two weeks which is odd. Again, good luck and we hope you guys have some good news soon!

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Well it’s been over three months now which is crazy! Let me know if you hear of anything from the web form and I’ll let you know when and if we hear too. My web form said 2-5 days but my partners was up to two weeks which is odd. Again, good luck and we hope you guys have some good news soon!
Will do :)

Panii

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Hi,
I applied paper based- regular stream for july intake. My timeline as follows:

April 3- submitted application
April 4- medical and biometrics request
April 10- biometrics done
April 11- medical done
April 26- Linked account to gckey

Update till now: we are processing your application
Update: i just received update regarding the passport request today

Reactions: Evankc

Panii

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Applied for hotel and resort business management at CTC vancouver campus.

Applied thru agent. Timeline as follows:

April 3- lodged application
April 4- received medical and biometrics request
April 10- biometrics done
April 11- medicals passed
April 26- linked my application with gckey
May 10- received passport request letter and biometrics confirmation letter

Reactions: Evankc