+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Application from Ghana

KKN

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Hello fellow Ghanaian any update soo Far??
no updates oo. is been over a month since i applied. ever i had an updates on my biometrics that is completed a day after i did it i have not seen anything yet no updates on medicals no updates on eligibility nothing

KKN

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Canada extended travel restrictions to 31st of AUGUST and there are some news item that there are discussions on how or if possible they can open for more international student travel

MOTHREE

Jul 31, 2020
Let’s keep our fingers crossed and be hopeful.Lets also note that these changes were recently announced so definitely there will be a lots of pressure on them.

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
But some also says mail was sent. Its dicy now
No mail gets sent for medicals. You only see it when you log into your online account. But that doesn't show the full picture. If you want to know exactly where your application processing is, order the GCMS report through the Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Act process. I must say that it is only for Canadian citizens, PRs and temporary residents who are currently in Canada. So, if you have a relative or friend in Canada, you can ask them to process ATIP for you and you will be required to sign a Use of Rep form between the two of you to authorize that person to obtain your personal information. It costs $5 CAD to obtain GCMS notes and most government records of that nature, provided you indicate you want it by email. Some agencies operating online can also assist foreign nationals to obtain it, but some of them charge as much as $20. It typically comes out within 30 days. However, the one I ordered on July 9 came out within just 14 days on July 24. GCMS notes tell you what the processing officer has done on your file and where you currently are. It may also give you a hint of what he is thinking about your file. It could also give you a sense of how it may end up. If you are ever refused a visa, I would encourage you to obtain the GCMS notes before you re-apply so you know where it went wrong. The visa officer documents every single step or procedure taken on your file and you will see the report come out in over 40 pages. The officer's final note is usually on the last page. All the other pages are just steps, such as FBI and RCMP records search, medicals, biometric etc. The one i applied for was a 55-page in length. I submitted the SP application for my niece since February 26, and it was only through ATIP request that I knew it had been approved since April 15, but they are deliberately withholding final decision and letter of introduction/approval, perhaps because they don't want people to travel to Canada yet. But on the online account, it says we are currently processing your application. We will send you a message when processing is completed. Very frustrating, but good to know it was approved. You can google GCMS notes through ATIP for more information. Ordering ATIP does not in any way affect your chances of refusal. The department processing ATIP request is based in Ottawa. So, the visa officer may not even know that you are ordering his notes.

I hope this helps.

Generalpal

Jul 10, 2020
No mail gets sent for medicals. You only see it when you log into your online account. But that doesn't show the full picture. If you want to know exactly where your application processing is, order the GCMS report through the Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Act process. I must say that it is only for Canadian citizens, PRs and temporary residents who are currently in Canada. So, if you have a relative or friend in Canada, you can ask them to process ATIP for you and you will be required to sign a Use of Rep form between the two of you to authorize that person to obtain your personal information. It costs $5 CAD to obtain GCMS notes and most government records of that nature, provided you indicate you want it by email. Some agencies operating online can also assist foreign nationals to obtain it, but some of them charge as much as $20. It typically comes out within 30 days. However, the one I ordered on July 9 came out within just 14 days on July 24. GCMS notes tell you what the processing officer has done on your file and where you currently are. It may also give you a hint of what he is thinking about your file. It could also give you a sense of how it may end up. If you are ever refused a visa, I would encourage you to obtain the GCMS notes before you re-apply so you know where it went wrong. The visa officer documents every single step or procedure taken on your file and you will see the report come out in over 40 pages. The officer's final note is usually on the last page. All the other pages are just steps, such as FBI and RCMP records search, medicals, biometric etc. The one i applied for was a 55-page in length. I submitted the SP application for my niece since February 26, and it was only through ATIP request that I knew it had been approved since April 15, but they are deliberately withholding final decision and letter of introduction/approval, perhaps because they don't want people to travel to Canada yet. But on the online account, it says we are currently processing your application. We will send you a message when processing is completed. Very frustrating, but good to know it was approved. You can google GCMS notes through ATIP for more information. Ordering ATIP does not in any way affect your chances of refusal. The department processing ATIP request is based in Ottawa. So, the visa officer may not even know that you are ordering his notes.

I hope this helps.

Exactly my thoughts. I knew these ghost updates doesn't come with an email. It's only through logging into your account portal that you can see it.

About GCMS notes, yes i have ordered one before but that was for a seperate application. My study permit is in the 9th week as at now ( the stipulated duration for Ghanaian applicants) and that is why am still watching them. Had i have applied since March, i would've ordered for my GCMS notes long ago. In fact, this is what i encourage those who applied in anytime before 1st May to do.

Moreover, i didn't do upfront medicals. So i was thinking at least, the VO should get back to me for medicals if he's done with my eligibility. But be that as it may, i will order for my GCMS notes when my application enters the 10th week. I believe it shouldn't take a VO more than a week to make up his mind on whether to approve a study permit or not. ( I personal believe a VO makes up his mind even in hours after seeing an application, the delay my be due to document verifications and other things) So yes, i think you're on point and I will order this notes when i don't get any update after my 10th week.

We need to build a strong platform for Ghanaian applications in order to share ideas. This helps all of us to understand their mind set about Ghanaian applicants, as applications are generic to geo-locations ( i believe) . While an Indian may be rejected for "missing mark sheet and IELTS results" a Ghanaian will not be rejected for this reason because we dont need to prove our english abilities.

So let's link up bro. Thanks for your detailed explanation. Much appreciated

KKN

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Exactly my thoughts. I knew these ghost updates doesn't come with an email. It's only through logging into your account portal that you can see it.

About GCMS notes, yes i have ordered one before but that was for a seperate application. My study permit is in the 9th week as at now ( the stipulated duration for Ghanaian applicants) and that is why am still watching them. Had i have applied since March, i would've ordered for my GCMS notes long ago. In fact, this is what i encourage those who applied in anytime before 1st May to do.

Moreover, i didn't do upfront medicals. So i was thinking at least, the VO should get back to me for medicals if he's done with my eligibility. But be that as it may, i will order for my GCMS notes when my application enters the 10th week. I believe it shouldn't take a VO more than a week to make up his mind on whether to approve a study permit or not. ( I personal believe a VO makes up his mind even in hours after seeing an application, the delay my be due to document verifications and other things) So yes, i think you're on point and I will order this notes when i don't get any update after my 10th week.

We need to build a strong platform for Ghanaian applications in order to share ideas. This helps all of us to understand their mind set about Ghanaian applicants, as applications are generic to geo-locations ( i believe) . While an Indian may be rejected for "missing mark sheet and IELTS results" a Ghanaian will not be rejected for this reason because we dont need to prove our english abilities.

So let's link up bro. Thanks for your detailed explanation. Much appreciated
Tell bro I need to understand my stand here. I did medical upfront since 9th June and submitted my application on the 25th June. I have not seen any update on my medicals as well as my even an update on my eligibility. The only update I see is my biometrics which came a day after I did my biometric. I had the biometric request letter a day after I submitted my application and i did it the following week and the day I did my biometric I had an update in my account that biometric completed since then I have not seen any update again and even my medical update I Haven't seen it neither have I seen anything on my eligibility what I see is you don't need any medical you will be ask for it if the decision changes and we are processing your eligibility and the rest. Any idea on this please?

KKN

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Can someone explain this I need to understand my stand here. I did medical upfront since 9th June and submitted my application on the 25th June. I have not seen any update on my medicals as well an update on my eligibility since I submitted . The only update I see is my biometrics which came a day after I did my biometric. I had the biometric request letter a day after I submitted my application and i did it the following week and the day I did my biometric I had an update in my account that biometric is completed since then I have not seen any update again and even my medical update I Haven't seen it neither have I seen anything on my eligibility what I see is you don't need any medical you will be ask for it if the decision changes and we are processing your eligibility and the rest. Any idea on this please?

Reactions: Sirwise

Generalpal

Jul 10, 2020
Tell bro I need to understand my stand here. I did medical upfront since 9th June and submitted my application on the 25th June. I have not seen any update on my medicals as well as my even an update on my eligibility. The only update I see is my biometrics which came a day after I did my biometric. I had the biometric request letter a day after I submitted my application and i did it the following week and the day I did my biometric I had an update in my account that biometric completed since then I have not seen any update again and even my medical update I Haven't seen it neither have I seen anything on my eligibility what I see is you don't need any medical you will be ask for it if the decision changes and we are processing your eligibility and the rest. Any idea on this please?

This is perfectly normal. When the hospital sends your medical results to CIC, they have to update your account before you see it.

Perhaps they have started working on your file but they haven't updated it so relax. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your application for now

And also, because you have done upfront medicals, you've submitted a complete application so you're good to go

Some people's application took like 3 months before they had update any form of update. CIC is slow because of the situation we're in at the moment. Just don't worry too much