+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit – Applicants from Pakistan – Intake: September 2019 and January 2020

hitman777

Jul 18, 2019
Hello Everyone!

I applied for my study permit for Jan 2020 intake in June and got my visa last week. Processing time for me was around 6 weeks. Applied paper based from Lahore VAC. Let me know if there are any questions about the process or application. Good luck!

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Hello Everyone!

I applied for my study permit for Jan 2020 intake in June and got my visa last week. Processing time for me was around 6 weeks. Applied paper based from Lahore VAC. Let me know if there are any questions about the process or application. Good luck!
Would you mind sharing your entire timeline, upfront medical or not? et

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
I applied on 9th november 2018 and passed medical on 16th may. Waiting for further update since then.

Wow, that's a long time. Almost after 7 months they requested medical. Was there something that happened with your application. A little unusual for it to take that long. Never the less, wish you the best of luck and hopefully good news to come your way :)

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Application submitted plus biometrics: 31 May
Medical Request: 25 June
Medical Done: 26 June
Medical Passed: 1 July
biometrics validity letter: 8th July
Passport Request: 10th July
Passport submitted: 11th July
Passport Collected: 15th July

Thanks for the information and congrats once again :)

Rufaida

Aug 1, 2019
Hello,
Application Submitted: June 10, 2019

Biometrics registered (Islamabad): September 30, 2016 (when I applied for visit)

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.-
  • Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need additional documents.
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I have also submitted the Webform and its been more than 7 weeks I have submitted my application and I did not get any response yet. Does anyone have any idea about it? Please share. Thanks.

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Hello,
Application Submitted: June 10, 2019

Biometrics registered (Islamabad): September 30, 2016 (when I applied for visit)

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.-
  • Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need additional documents.
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I have also submitted the Webform and its been more than 7 weeks I have submitted my application and I did not get any response yet. Does anyone have any idea about it? Please share. Thanks.

Hi Rufaida,

Did you submit your medical upfront or were you requested? (since I can see that it mentions they reviewing your eligibility?

Also you applied for visit in 2016, was it successful?

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
I haven't submitted my medical yet. And it was rejected in 2016.
So basically you're in the boat where you're just waiting for an update...... To be honest in this case, all you could've done is send a webform to the Abu Dhabi visa office (which you already did) and even if you send it again, they might not even respond since the current processing times are 9 weeks now..... but for them to move forward they would still require a medical exam and time is of the essence especially September intake. Worst case scenario, any chance for deferring in case of delays?

Rufaida

Aug 1, 2019
Yeah, there might be a chance to defer, but I hope they respond as soon as possible. Is there any other case like mine?

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Yeah, there might be a chance to defer, but I hope they respond as soon as possible. Is there any other case like mine?
Honestly there are several. Timelines are not standard and all and some people get responses faster than others... I applied on paper on June 21. Got medical request on July 7 and still waiting for final result... Whereas my sister got her study visa last year within a week.... So it's hard to tell....

Visa office is closed on Friday and Saturday so hopefully next week something comes out positive for us..

Uzairazhar55

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Hello members, i have a question.
Do i have to submit attested and verified copies of all my certificates or simple copies are good to acquire admission in any university for masters?
Just for admission purpose that is. I do know that i have to get them attested while applying for visa but i don't want to lose any more time. Please respond so i can apply for admissions.

Thank you.

Reactions: Hassan7601

Rufaida

Aug 1, 2019
Honestly there are several. Timelines are not standard and all and some people get responses faster than others... I applied on paper on June 21. Got medical request on July 7 and still waiting for final result... Whereas my sister got her study visa last year within a week.... So it's hard to tell....

Visa office is closed on Friday and Saturday so hopefully next week something comes out positive for us..
Lets hope for the best. Where did you apply from?

htariq

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Here's my timeline:

Re-applied for Study permit on May 30th (initial application was rejected over the Acceptance letter);
received Interview request on June 11th;
Interview conducted on June 27th;
Medical request received/ Medical Updated to Passed on July 11th;
Biometrics Correspondence letter received on July 22nd

Nothing since then. Review of eligibility says; "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." And Background check is being processed too.

I will be sending an enquiry to check as mine has surpassed 8 weeks

Good luck to all of you!