+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study gap acceptable in Canada

PriteshAMehta

May 22, 2017
Hello,

Need help

I was finished my 12th in 2013, then after I join b.c.a for two year then I left b.c.a because of I am interested in other field. I want to learn dance so I join a diploma in dance foundation course i finished this course in February 2017 so now I want to study dance in Canada at THE SCHOOL OF TORONTO DANCE THEATRE. And intake is in September, so I want to know that I am eligible for student visa or not?

Manish001

Jul 7, 2017
Hi,

I have completed MSc Computer Science from UK in 2010. After that I have worked in London for 2 years as a Web Developer. Then came back to India and working here.

I got USA's 5 years Visa in Jan 2016 (For MBA) but then I changed my mind and didn't go there.

Now I want to go to Canada for MBA.

Since 2011 I have been working.

It means I have 7 years of GAP in Study.

Can I get a Canadian Student Visa for MBA ???

I asked some consultants and they told me Canada only accept maximum 3 years GAP.

Please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,
Manish

Lmahida

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
Hi there r so many students who got visa with 4 years of experience. Upto 5 years they give visa n for mba 3 to 5 years experience is needed. But 7 years is concern. Also i dont know hw ur US visa will affect ur profile. With 7 years gap n strong SOP u can try but visa is at the discretion of VO.

Manish001

Jul 7, 2017
Thank you for your quick reply. I really appreciate. Thanks once again.

Hi there r so many students who got visa with 4 years of experience. Upto 5 years they give visa n for mba 3 to 5 years experience is needed. But 7 years is concern. Also i dont know hw ur US visa will affect ur profile. With 7 years gap n strong SOP u can try but visa is at the discretion of VO.

Manish001

Jul 7, 2017
Anybody has any idea about Low Tuition Fees Universities/Colleges for MBA (International Students) in Canada ?

My Max budget is 30,000 Canadian Dollar ( For 2 years MBA )

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017
Hello
I want to get some knowledge about study in PG Diploma in pharmacy stream.

I completed my bachelor in pharmacy in from 2010- 2014

I have 3 year study gap. But now I want to apply in PG Diploma in Canada.Is it possible to get admission in PG diploma in January intake 2018 ?

Sakshi@807

Jul 17, 2017
hi... i had completed my 10th in 2011 with 75% and 12th in 2013 with 73% in non medical stream and unavailable to complete my bachelor degree due to some personal reasons and now i have done diploma in computer application this year with 78% marks... can i apply for Canada now.. and do the gap of 3-year give effect on my visa? if yes..? hoe can i recover it... and now i m preparing for IELTS.... please suggest me....

Aug 10, 2017
HI..I had completed my 10th in 2011 with 86% and 12th in 2013 with 89% in non medical stream and graduation in non med i.e.bsc(non med) with 60% only in 2016..after that iwas free..can i aplly for study visa for canada for sept intake 2018...please suggest me..

Kharishma

Oct 14, 2017
Hi guys
I have completed my degree in 2017.
Am planning to take up may 2018 intake
To do PG diploma in Canada
Does it affect my Visa ?
because of gap

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi guys
I have completed my degree in 2017.
Am planning to take up may 2018 intake
To do PG diploma in Canada
Does it affect my Visa ?
because of gap
Answer is no real effect, more important is putting a good case together with your reasons for coming to Canada to take a PG course. Some people have had many years gap but still succeeded with a good case, preparation is always key to succeed.

Kharishma

Oct 14, 2017
Answer is no real effect, more important is putting a good case together with your reasons for coming to Canada to take a PG course. Some people have had many years gap but still succeeded with a good case, preparation is always key to succeed.
Thank u so much for ur response..

Ohh yeah I can understand..
But am not taking up any work experience
Is that okay?

taranvirmodi

Oct 15, 2017
Hi
I have completed my 12th in 2016 and now i am going to apply for hospitality course in canada for may2018 intake.
How would you recommend me to fill this in between gap of 1 and a half years? As i don't have any work experience in the same field.
Ielts-6.5

yashasvi

Oct 30, 2017
Hiii, i am yashasvi. I am bit confused regarding study visa, can you please resolve me issue?
I completed my bcom in 2014 then i prepared for cat exam and i gave 2015 nov attempt and i didnt get good percentile so i started doing unpaid internship from feb 2016 till feb 2017 one year internship and now i am preparing for ilets. Will i get any problem in getting student visa?

Honeybhamra4u

Nov 5, 2017
Hello everyone
I have completed my 12 in 2013 and joined my dad's business for a year. Later to that, I joined BCA course and completed in 2017. Till now I was preparing for my IELTS and bagged good score. Now, I am planning to do further studies in Canada and would be applying for May intake. Would there be any problem in visa considering the gap of a year after 12 and nearly 8 months after completion of my BCA degree.
Awaiting for reply

Regards