+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study and SOWP was refused

Dakgalbi

Feb 5, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2018
Hi. I'm a korean citizen living in Korea. My student permit together with SOWP of my wife refused. We don't know why since we completed all the requirements and have enough money to accommodate us to canada.

Reasons of refusal:

1. purpose of visit (i already submitted my purpose of visit letter including the study plan and will come back to Korea as soon as I finished my program since hospitality management is a thing in my country)
2. employment prospects in country of residence (i also stated this on the SOP why i took hospitality management. I took electrical engineering but I want to change my career.)
3. current employment situation (i worked as an english teacher and i quit my job after 3 weeks of submitting my application. not sure if they called my company).
4. personal assets and financial status. (since my parents will support me, i provided a letter of support including their bank statements, house, tax etc.)

Please help.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi. I'm a korean citizen living in Korea. My student permit together with SOWP of my wife refused. We don't know why since we completed all the requirements and have enough money to accommodate us to canada.

Reasons of refusal:

1. purpose of visit (i already submitted my purpose of visit letter including the study plan and will come back to Korea as soon as I finished my program since hospitality management is a thing in my country)
2. employment prospects in country of residence (i also stated this on the SOP why i took hospitality management. I took electrical engineering but I want to change my career.)
3. current employment situation (i worked as an english teacher and i quit my job after 3 weeks of submitting my application. not sure if they called my company).
4. personal assets and financial status. (since my parents will support me, i provided a letter of support including their bank statements, house, tax etc.)

Please help.
looks like you did submit everything.. get caips/gcms notes to find out what happened.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Reasons of refusal:

Please help.
I suspect your planned studies in Canada are the problem. The program you planned to take in Canada has nothing to do with your past work experience and studies. You should switch to a program that's related to your education/experience.

Abdullokh

Jan 29, 2018

Reasons of refusal:

Please help.
Hi, Send the letter of refusal you have received to my email: davidbyers62@gmail.com maybe I'll be able to help you.

Dakgalbi

Feb 5, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2018
I suspect your planned studies in Canada are the problem. The program you planned to take in Canada has nothing to do with your past work experience and studies. You should switch to a program that's related to your education/experience.
NOT TRUE. My study permit just recently APPROVED even though my education/experience are not related :). Reason of denial was my SOP was too long that's why they refused it.

TIMELINE:
MARCH 22- DENIED

April 4- Re-application
April 11- Study PERMIT APPROVED

I asked for korean agency for help in here and they said the koreans are rare to be refused. When my korean agency checked my SOP, she said it was too long that's why she reduced it to 2 pages. Same requirements I submitted before and she submitted my salary transactions only, not the 4 months bank statements.

Thanks for the help. :)

Last edited:

umbreenz

Mar 6, 2018
NOT TRUE. My study permit just recently APPROVED even though my education/experience are not related :). Reason of denial was my SOP was too long that's why they refused it.

TIMELINE:
MARCH 22- DENIED

April 4- Re-application
April 11- Study PERMIT APPROVED

I asked for korean agency for help in here and they said the koreans are rare to be refused. When my korean agency checked my SOP, she said it was too long that's why she reduced it to 2 pages. Same requirements I submitted before and she submitted my salary transactions only, not the 4 months bank statements.

Thanks for the help. :)
congrats.
my refusal reasons were almost same as yours. they didnt said anything about my choice of course or study gap any thing related to studies. my ground reasons are same like you. i am also re applying through consultant i hope i get the visa soon like you. my lawyer said my all documents are fine just i haven't written a strong SOP. plz can you tell me what else was mentioned in your refusal letter? visa officer had not made any comment on my studies or being student .thats more scary .

Dakgalbi

Feb 5, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2018
congrats.
my refusal reasons were almost same as yours. they didnt said anything about my choice of course or study gap any thing related to studies. my ground reasons are same like you. i am also re applying through consultant i hope i get the visa soon like you. my lawyer said my all documents are fine just i haven't written a strong SOP. plz can you tell me what else was mentioned in your refusal letter? visa officer had not made any comment on my studies or being student .thats more scary .

Hi. I mentioned earlier the reasons of refusal. I contacted 2 consultants. One is in here (Korea) and from Canada. When they checked my SOP, they said it was a strong proof but the point was lacking. It should be direct. Officer has to handle thousands of applications everyday so probably they dont have time to read more than 4 pages. Lol.

It was a smart choice to choose consultant (for me). I followed and researched a lot in this forum but still denied. Hope that helps. :)

Umbreen zubair

Feb 3, 2018
Hi. I mentioned earlier the reasons of refusal. I contacted 2 consultants. One is in here (Korea) and from Canada. When they checked my SOP, they said it was a strong proof but the point was lacking. It should be direct. Officer has to handle thousands of applications everyday so probably they dont have time to read more than 4 pages. Lol.

It was a smart choice to choose consultant (for me). I followed and researched a lot in this forum but still denied. Hope that helps. :)
Can you tell me the name of consultants from Canada. I am also looking for them. I have contacted some of them in Ontario . Thanks

Umbreen zubair

Feb 3, 2018

Reasons of refusal:

Please help.
In my letter visa officer said dont submit these documents again untill you have something new to share...
In your letter is this also written ? If yes than did you change previously submited documents in 2nd attempt or along with them send more to show your ties to country.
Which college you got accepted .mine is SHERIDAN College Ontario .

Erfan115

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Purpose of visit and current employment situation is a combined reason. What i think startled the VO was you quit your job. Shouldn't have done that or mentioned it until you got your visa. Anyhow in the background declaration dont keep a gap. Mention every experience and be honest. Reapply filling every gap since you were 18. Remember gap is neverrr a problem. I had a gap of 3 years straight without employment and still got my visa. If you reapply just be honest and mention everything since you were 18 until now. And then in the SOP go into details. Dont speak about canada. Go like you have researched and found out that in your country engineering is something demanding nowadays. And you always found this subject interesting and that is why you researched about universities around the world and took a liking to the Canadian university since the courses seem it'll give you good skills.

And about financial proof. You just need 3 documents and if you provide them correctly its a garuntee they will accept the proof.
First write a letter on behalf of your father stating that he intends to finance your entries education and has more than enough income as a "mention his profession" to source your education fully. Ask him to the sign the letter. Along with the letter provide last 6 months statement. It doesn't matter when the amount got deposited. More than half could have been deposited in the last month itself and it'll be still fine. The last and the most important thing. Your fathers employment letter. This is a letter from where your fathwr works and it should state his position salary and contract dates. A combination of these 3 documents will immediately prove that you have sufficient finance of your own and it is not borrowed in any way.

These should fix the reasons of rejection. Rest is upto fate.

Farnooshzad

Aug 17, 2018

hello. my brother's study permit also is denied and the reason is purpose of travel. It's a long time I'm searching for a reliable consultant to check his sop. Can you please send me the contact number of your consultant in Canada. I appreciate.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
hello. my brother's study permit also is denied and the reason is purpose of travel. It's a long time I'm searching for a reliable consultant to check his sop. Can you please send me the contact number of your consultant in Canada. I appreciate.
check caipsgcms.com. They provide services from students and you can also take their immigration lawyer's help.

Reactions: Raman91